[ENSC2012] HardGamerz European Native Summer Cup 2012 | Congratulations Rattys

Users who are viewing this thread

Green_Beret said:
Please remove request:

WR_Emperyan
There aren't removals for the tournament, since this is a fixed term competition and no transfers will be possible.

Golradir said:
OLL CHANGELOG:

Add:
OLL_2easy4Sil 406470 (Germany_1)
OLL_Jerkuh 1140642 (Germany_1)
Updated.

Guy Fawkes said:
captain lust said:
@SoE: Emperyan is already registered to WR and can't be added. SoE_Novice_Pendragon has been added.
now they removed him from their roster at last.you can add him to us.
Sorry, as I said there are no transfers allowed in the competition and his removal was impossible since it was made after the tournament start.

Alex_C said:
Please add AE_Morii and AE_Nele to our roster.
Morii said:
Alex_C said:
Please add AE_Morii and AE_Nele to our roster.
Morii is already in and I don't see any new IDs for him in the logs. Nele added.

Morii said:
There should be a second ID for me on the AE roster, still the same as it was on the ENL roster.

Second one is 196386.

With both my IDs please (same ones as in the ENL).
As I said, I'm only adding IDs that are in the logs of the Germany servers. I can only see the other ID there.

Irishman. said:
add to Unvanqushed
osTnT_Irishman; ID 375928, but i have visited ENL_Germany_1 , just in case
You need to be added by the clan leader. You also need to wear team tags when registering and playing.

LCDH_Warrior said:
LCDH_Courroux 98131 are added in the ENL_Germany_2 with the tag LCDH_Courroux not RNGD_Courroux :smile: .
Updated.

Bendetto said:
Please add:

Unvanquished_AxeL
Unvanquished_Ernest
Unvanquished_Alamut
Unvanquished_Crochi
Unvanquished_Max
Unvanquished_R1ch

ENL_Germany_1
Updated.

Green_Beret said:
Please add these:

WR_LadyGaladriel: 698198
WR_LadyArwen: 511949
WR_LadyMorgana:1023922
WR_Sari_Lagod:98746
Additions are too late fir this round and cannot be made until the Round of 4.

Addition request for CoRe:
CoR_Kazzan, was on ENL_Germany_2 @ 25/08 16.00 CET
CoR_Kain, was on ENL_Germany_2 @ 25/08 16.07 CET

EDIT:
CoR_Swordmaster, was on ENL_Germany_1 @ 26/08

Arch3r said:

EDIT:
Kain is added (although should have been wearing CoRe tags). No sign of Kazzan. Swordie will have to wait for the next round as he was added later.

Captain Lust said:
Arch3r said:

EDIT:
Kain is added (although should have been wearing CoRe tags). No sign of Kazzan. Swordie will have to wait for the next round as he was added later.
Sorry, meant Footman (his WB nickname) instead of Kazzan, on ENL_Germany_3 yesterday.

Arch3r said:
Captain Lust said:
Arch3r said:

EDIT:
Sorry, meant Footman (his WB nickname) instead of Kazzan, on ENL_Germany_3 yesterday.
Updated. Please remember to add players with CoRe tags.

Arch3r said:
Another player addiing request:

CoRe_Miwiw
Joined ENL_Germany_2 29/08/2012 as CoR_G_Miwiw (ID: 45904)
Will have to wait until next round. Again, please try to use your team tags...

Thanks for organising the tournament flusty, was fun and had some really tense games. Since I guess one of the main purposes of the tournament was to test and decide on some new rule-set ideas, gonna just post my thoughts on some of them.

I thought using the Division C style scheduling with set dates chosen by both teams; late, early and flexible times and so forth was a huge improvement: it makes the scheduling very open and would hopefully eliminate a lot of the issues with it. I'd personally hope though that the match every three days thing wouldn't be something that would be carried over into the main ENL tournament, since we were having a little difficulty getting people together for matches, and we're a clan with people who can generally play most days; I think a lot of clans would struggle with it, and I'd say a week is a better deadline.

I personally on the whole liked the idea of choosing maps from three pre-generated ones, however I do think it raises some issues with match preparation and team selection. Normally we'll try to prepare teams before matches with their classes, any equipment drops and such. It becomes fairly difficult to do this, make sure everyone plays, make sure we have the right class balance, make sure everyone's able to play, make sure for instance that someone who leaves part-way through will get to play the first half and so on if you don't know beforehand which maps are being played. Possibly the map selection could be tied into the scheduling process, so Team 1 selects two match days, the first map and then Team 2 selects their day and time, as well as selecting the second map. I think this would retain the advantages of the choice-based system, whilst also allowing teams to prepare for their matches.

I don't really like this rule: "At every sideswap and between each tiebreaker, the map should be resetted immediately by either team and will go live straight away, with know acknowledgement required by either team. Teams will be expected to make any substitutions at that time and are not entitled to any break." Firstly it seems to conflict with this one: "Teams are permitted to make as many changes as they like after each 3 round leg, after each 2 round tiebreaker and before sudden death." Since it'll always be fairly difficult to manage swapping out players if you're immediately changing the map and going live, especially with things like some players needing to download the map. Secondly, as above it kinda interferes with match preparation by teams. It basically forces you to use the same team (or only 1 or 2 differences) for both halves of a map, rather than adapting to different factions or the enemy's strategies. I guess the fact that as far as I know this rule wasn't ever really used in any of the matches I played (generally both teams agreed to a not live on restart) goes to show its unpopularity as well.

The fewer rounds combined with the fact that map wins, not round wins count combine to make every round count far more than normally. This has the advantages of making every round feel pretty tense and forcing teams to actually consider what they're doing, rather than not caring on rounds they know they can afford to lose. It does also however slightly reduce the amount you can adapt your tactics to the enemies', with only two rounds, you could easily find yourself only really having time to do a major change in tactics on the third round, when it's probably too late. It can also mean that one tiny mistake by either side can have far more impact; one team-kill could make an otherwise better team lose a map to an otherwise worse team, although I don't know if that's an advantage or a disadvantage. Overall I like the system, but I know some other people in AE didn't.

A minor point is that I'd quite like the ability to have more than one team representative, just for convenience's sake.

Back
Top Bottom