MP Native ENL Admin Mod v3.2.0 (Open Source) by sHocK

Users who are viewing this thread

If by set you mean toggle, you can do so from the admin panel and need to be in public mode. This requires you to run the ENL Admin module.
If you mean edit, open strings.txt on your module's folder. The announcements are near the end of the file.

You change the text after str_enl_announcement_# to your liking. Keep in mind you should use underscores instead of spaces.

Code:
str_enl_announcement_1 Welcome_to_our_server!
str_enl_announcement_2 Enjoy_your_stay
str_enl_announcement_3 Welcome_to_our_server!
str_enl_announcement_4 Enjoy_your_stay
str_enl_announcement_5 Welcome_to_our_server!
str_enl_announcement_6 Enjoy_your_stay
str_enl_announcement_7 Welcome_to_our_server!
str_enl_announcement_8 Enjoy_your_stay
str_enl_announcements_end {!}Do_not_edit_this_line

I didn't find a good way to implement dynamic announcements without resorting to WSE (which isn't used/required by this module) so all announcements slots are used. To circumvent this you may repeat your announcements to fill the empty slots you don't need as in the example above, which gives the illusion of 2 announcements.

Archivarius Rhae said:
Also, please don't take offence when I say this, but regarding the server message indicator "[SERVER] [ANNOUNCEMENT]", which appears before the actual message, is there no way this could be changed to something less loathing?

Either [Server] or [Announcement] would be fine. Thanks, and good work  :wink:
None taken, I don't like it either. "It was already like that when I got here!" :razz:
It will most likely be on the next version, thanks for the idea. :grin:
Do you think displaying announcements like master of the field messages would be a good alternative? They wouldn't appear in the log though, which might be good or bad

Also, any changes made to this will only work for ENL clients and Native clients will keep the old behaviour.

EDIT: Clarified WSE bit.

Thanks a lot mate.

One more question, regarding WSE and the new Warband update. Since WSE is not compatible, does it make sense to update our servers running ENL admin tool before an updated WSE has been released?

Maybe my last post wasn't clear , sorry about that. This mod doesn't use or require WSE. (Unless you modded it in yourself :grin:)

A version for 1.153 hasn't been released yet.
I'm not sure what the effects of installing a 1.143 module on a 1.153 game are.

You can't change the announcement interval permanently, it'll reset to 300 seconds after server restart.
For changing the announcement strings you can check my reply to Archivist, four posts above.

HI, I see your Enhanced Duel Mode code has a small error consisting that when a player kills only the horse ridden by another player,  the first player receives a full restoration of Energy as if it had killed the second player. I fix it here:

(try_begin),
        (eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_duel), 
        (ge, ":killer_agent_no", 0),
        (ge, ":dead_agent_no", 0),
        (agent_is_human, ":dead_agent_no"), ### ## fix :wink: ####
        (agent_set_hit_points, ":killer_agent_no", 100, 0), #100%
        (agent_refill_ammo, ":killer_agent_no"),
        (agent_refill_wielded_shield_hit_points, ":killer_agent_no"),
        (agent_get_horse, ":horse", ":killer_agent_no"),
        (ge, ":horse", 0),
        (agent_set_hit_points, ":horse", 100, 0), #100%
      (try_end),

otherwise, you will update your mod to 1.153?

Ah yeah, we caught that one a while ago, it's been on the current development version for a while, thanks for reporting it.

Andrews said:
otherwise, you will update your mod to 1.153?
Okay

ENL v3.1.4 FullFull size, ready to copy/paste and play27.9M
ENL v3.1.4Smaller size, installs on top of Native3.2M
ENL Module System v3.1.4Module system code3.8M

Version 3.1.4 - 6 Jun 2012
- Improved class limits checkbox behaviour on admin panel
- Improved response after client chooses a limited class
- Removed Class Limits controls from the admin panel on Duel and Deathmatch
Version 3.1.3 - 31 May 2012
- Native clients and ENL clients are now tracked.
- Made server message system colour coded by type (admin chat, setting change, join/leave, information and announcement)
- Older ENL clients are treated as Native clients and both receive old style server messages.
Version 3.1.2 - 29 May 2012
- Moved duel heal script and prevented stray horses to trigger it
- Fixed missing "Force minimum armor" option on the admin panel
- Added minor compatibility for listen servers
Version 3.1.1 - 26 May 2012
- Changed versioning system from major.minor to major.minor.patch
- Removed display_messages for version checks
- Made versions checks on title menu presentation
- Added script_game_receive_url_response response constants
Version 3.1 - 26 May 2012
- Updated to Module System v1.153
- Fixed disconnect spam for good
- Made announcements static again
- Changed version check URL
Version 3.0 - 30 Apr 2012
- Updated to Module System v1.151

You can see the code changes in the old public repo and use the new repo for the wiki and any bugs you might find.

shokkueibu said:
Which one fails: full or normal?
What do you mean by "fails to load"?

I copy/paste all folders and files from the ENL v3.1.4 or ENL v3.1.4 Full to "Native" folder of my game (default installation). Then when the game is loading in the screen says "loading textures" and then in it says "loading setting data". After this screen turn to black and the game crash. I try compiling the module system from "ENL Module System v3.1.4" and then copy/paste the enl files in Native folder and I get the same result.

So with the 3 ENL links same thing happens to me  :cry:

i copy pasted the full 3.1.X version over my 1.53 and now it lets me heal on public mode and not on private mode. is that meant to be right?

edit1: im playing with 1.53 on IG_Battlegrounds which is still the old 1.4X version i think. on the otherhand our training server runs 1.53 in private.
edit2: problem solved with the steam version it works fine.

Yes, private mode is meant for ENL matches or other situations where the ability to Heal, Teleport and the like is not desired.

@Andrews I'll have someone else install it to see if you're the only one with that problem.

jnuyjuikiklvtgt said:
Small question while i download,in the source files are the new lines commented eg. #ENL Admin begin?

Yes, they are commented with #ENL if a single line was changed/added or #ENL - Begin, #ENL - End if it's a whole block.

I asked Stubs to install it and it worked. I speculate it's something going on with your Warband install. Can you double check that?

Edit:
Are you perhaps using Windows XP?
Gotha came across some crashes on XP before with his admin tool and reminded me of that.

If so I'm curious to know if changing between DirectX 7 and 9 solves it.

Also, I think public/private mode might have a small bug. It might be changing to Private randomly at times even though Public is still set.

shokkueibu said:
I asked Stubs to install it and it worked. I speculate it's something going on with your Warband install. Can you double check that?

Edit:
Are you perhaps using Windows XP?
Gotha came across some crashes on XP before with his admin tool and reminded me of that.

If so I'm curious to know if changing between DirectX 7 and 9 solves it.

Also, I think public/private mode might have a small bug. It might be changing to Private randomly at times even though Public is still set.

Yes, i'm using Windows XP, perhaps Xp isn't compatible with this version of mod.

I changed from directX9 to DirectX7 and I got the same Crash,

So, This version of ENL (3.1.4) isn't compatible with XP? and 3.1.3?  :cool:

Apparently not. It has something to do with placing stuff in the main menu's presentation I think. I'll work on a fix this weekend :smile:

shokkueibu said:
Apparently not. It has something to do with placing stuff in the main menu's presentation I think. I'll work on a fix this weekend :smile:

Thanks, I'll be waiting for this  :wink:

ok, then i got that wrong, sorry. another question: could it be that enl tool messes up ids or is that something between no-steam and steam versions? cause i had warband installed both ways on the same harddrive and my no-steam version changed its id after i installed enl on both versions of warband.

Back
Top Bottom