SP Musket Era Enhancement Mod. Rule your own kingdom! 1.75 final. Open mod source code.

Users who are viewing this thread

KKGrayKnight said:
I downloaded this mod just recently, and right off the bat, I have a texture error. I look up to the sky, and see the textures of misc. items in the game. Help?

Like with the sound bug, there currently is not better way I know of than to delete or overwrite the "Skybox" file - which one exactly you'll have to find out by try&error.

miloscoverdale said:
Hi, I have a problem, I installed this mod, and I can only play it for 10 minutes max, game always crashes, especially when I go from area to area, for example, from battle to map. Can you help somehow?

This can occur depending on your system (RAM, CPU or even graphics-card).

helpme11 said:
hii so I downloaded your mod and I have the enchanced mod in the modles folder under the orginal native folder and in the enhanced folder I have the patch but when I start the game it crashed when it trys loading to main menu  with a rgl error message saying unable to open modules\WFas Enchanced\Sounds.txt any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Try to overwrite the sounds.txt with a different sound.txt (the one of the Native-module, for instance).

hraktuus said:
So I'm trying to do the Black Mace quest in this mod. My problem is, I can't find Jacques de Clermont. The traveler says he is in Smolensk, but he isn't there. Nor is he travelling around Smolensk (I checked with ctrl+T).

Does this have something to do with that I was forced to skip the tutorial? The character isn't given a sword at the beginning, so he can't even get past the fence.

Anyone who has an answer to my dilemma is much appreciated.

EDIT: Oddly enough, if you happen to run around the fence and kill the bandit, then take his club and proceed the hit the fence with it, this will cause the moo sound to play. The same thing happens if you shoot at it. Just thought I would share this comical information.

I think I posted it on the first page. This mod is not prepared for playing the storyline. Sorry :sad:

Hello lads!
First of all - thanks to the team for a great mod.
A small question - if someone can help.
Is there a possibility to add/modify the equipment of the custom troops in game - without modding?
I would like to equip my kingdom troops in german style. Also pikemen look better in shoes and stocklings for me :eek:
Appreciate answer in advance.
:roll:

Heya, could someone give me some tips please in playing? I want to rule my own kingdom, but I dont want to do it from start when I am relatively weak. So I joined sweden to make some bigger battles and to build some renown from them. I made a test that I took a castle and make it my own, I was in war with Poland, Muscowy and Sweden - because I rebelled. There was castellan - I send a messenger to enemies to make peace, no one accepted - what is needed for them to accept peace? I spoke with one enemy leader and begged for peace and he told me that I have no lord blabla - is this correct? should I ignore these kind of diplmoacy and do these things via castellan? I am just curious if I start my kingdom propperly.. Anyway I loaded game and continue as swedish to make lvls and be better. But I am not sure now how I managed to took the castle for me, because when I conquere city, I aks to be mine and king gave it to me. But what if I want to conquer the city for me and my kingdom, this option would be available  if king refuses to give it to me when I asked for it? I am not sure what to do now, if I feel strong enough to run my kingdom, I choose nice city and conquer it for my rebel kingdom?

edit: The city I rule now as swede has no options of recruiting men. This option is available only if it is mine as my own kingdom? I didnt have this option as rebel in castle - i supposed i am not able to recruit men in castles? but I cannot in city also as swede, didnt try as rebel in city

Well, now that you have a castle, make a strong garrison - 500-600 people. Choose a moment when your country is at war with 1-2 factions and it's occupied with sieges. Target a castle which is close to the one you already have. From my experience it's best to take armoured troops, preferably halberdiers for the assault. When you take the castle, choos ethe option to take it in your name. If the King refuses, rebel and take the castle you just conquered and the one you took previously. Before the answr of the King, transfer troops from your old castle to the new one. Hire a Commander via the dialog with the mayor of the city so you can hire troops. It's nice that the villages of the castles are included in your new kingdom  - they generate a lot of money, you know. Also you can make one of your companions a vassal so you have additional troops. I give vassals only villages, I don't trust the AI :grin:

In my opinion the hardest thing is to conquer your first castle and claim independence. But once you got one, things are easier.

Also, in one of my games it happened that deserters took a city, I conquered it from them and made my kingdom. It was quite lucky but it's also an option.

Good luck and tell us how it went :wink:

The_Hussar said:
Hire a Commander via the dialog with the mayor of the city so you can hire troops. It's nice that the villages of the castles are included in your new kingdom  - they generate a lot of money, you know. Also you can make one of your companions a vassal so you have additional troops. I give vassals only villages, I don't trust the AI :grin:

the commander thing - I can recruit only if commander is present and I have rebelled? And is it same if it is city or castle? Because I am pretty sure that I had the commander present at my first rebellious castle and I did not have the option to recruit someone - not in mayor dialogue, nor in town center. And at present tim as I am still swedish, and conquered smolensk, king gave it to me, I have there all types of commanders (heavy cav., etc.) but still no option to recruit - that is I suppose because I am not rebel?

And the size of my vassals army is dependant on their skill in leadership right? So I should play as long as possible alone, level my companions and spend lot of points in leadership and then grant them fiefs to have decent vassals army?

Also I have a question about the battlesizer - this should be implemented in this mod right? How can I change the battlesize? in camp options I have there 1 line of that setting, but if I set dunno 500 for exapmple, nothing change, and in game option there is still maximum of 150 set

the commander thing - I can recruit only if commander is present and I have rebelled? And is it same if it is city or castle? Because I am pretty sure that I had the commander present at my first rebellious castle and I did not have the option to recruit someone - not in mayor dialogue, nor in town center. And at present tim as I am still swedish, and conquered smolensk, king gave it to me, I have there all types of commanders (heavy cav., etc.) but still no option to recruit - that is I suppose because I am not rebel?

The commander himself is hired from the mayor menu - it's just Commander, it's the last option in the menu I believe. The other commanders - Infantry, Heavy cavalry, Personal Guard, ect., they have their troops automatically put in the town garrison. The commander I think you have in mind is in the town center.

And the size of my vassals army is dependant on their skill in leadership right? So I should play as long as possible alone, level my companions and spend lot of points in leadership and then grant them fiefs to have decent vassals army?

I think so and I have done this myself.

Also I have a question about the battlesizer - this should be implemented in this mod right? How can I change the battlesize? in camp options I have there 1 line of that setting, but if I set dunno 500 for exapmple, nothing change, and in game option there is still maximum of 150 set.

I am not sure if the battlesizer is included - it should be in the root folder. Otherwise get it from here  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=193517.0
You change the size of the soldiers by the application, it's not an in-game feature.

alright, I will test everything at home, so far thanks for reply!

And thanks for this mod, I have finally reason to play this game:smile: I dont understand why vanilla looks like demo and the first mount and blade was totally awesome

Hi, I have a problem. I play this mod, I have my own kingdom, polish culture, and I cant recruit any lord, and I have relationship with some of them above 35. There is just no option where I can ask them to join me. Some help?

miloscoverdale said:
Hi, I have a problem. I play this mod, I have my own kingdom, polish culture, and I cant recruit any lord, and I have relationship with some of them above 35. There is just no option where I can ask them to join me. Some help?

I think I read somewhere that this option to recruit from other nations lords is disabled, you are able to make lords from your companions, which is better:smile:

Is it possible to change my kingdom's culture after I have formed my kingdom?

Erenussocrates said:
Hi, I wanted to know the list of all customly added music in this mod.

The see the list of music and listen to them go to C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade With Fire and Sword\Modules\WFaS Enhanced\Music

how do i disable the ore mine?  i paid the 50k to start it up, and now every 3 days it gives me a report.  i don't want to use the mine i have enough money and it's bothersome to have to click away the report every 3 days.

i can't find an option to close the mine or cease reporting me about it. is there a way to?

EDIT: problem solved.  disable then enable "custom parties" in the camp menu

how do i get a lost companion back?  is there a save editor for wfas?

i "planned the battle" before besieging a castle and told my doctor sarabun not to fight (making it 0/1 on the counter)

i'm not sure if that's what triggered it but that's the last i remember seeing him, he wasn't in my party after and it's been over a month and he hasn't surfaced in taverns, travelers don't know where he is

has anyone experienced losing companions and know how to get them back? is there a save editor for this game?  i tried the one for warband and got an error

Hi Guys. (Sorry if this isn't the right place for this)
I was playing 1.75 last night and twice my troops were (randomly) cut down from my max of 190 to 68!!!
It seemed to happen when I returned to the map from visiting a castle.
Any clues about this?
I don't want this to happen again... losing all those highly trained troops sucks big time!
thanks for your help
bb

I read an explanation was that the troops that left came from the culture you're at war with.  if you hired mercenaries in the cossack region their morale will be lower if you're fighting the cossacks. 

I don't know if that's the explanation but it's an idea. i haven't had it happen to me yet.  and i just learned there's a submod 1.85 so i started playing that.  i found out you can train your troops at the academy as much as you want and this has kind of thrown askew my plans as i can now just train everyone to 10 in medic skills and not bother having INT based characters

Back
Top Bottom