B Native Enhanced Menus

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi.
I've edited the game's main and loading menus, with a new progress bar.

Download Link

Preview:
Main Menu
HXYqIhh.jpg

Pause Menu
zY3tZYE.jpg

Loading Menu (When you load up the game)
Loading-Screen-1a0439158a0fc7d23.png

Loading Menu (When you load a save game)
G9dR6C1.jpg

Installation:
- Backup your default files. I cannot be held accountable if you mess anything up.
- Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*" folder and look for the 'module.ini' file. Find the line "num_hints = 12" and change the number from 12 to 0 - This will hide the tips in the loading menu.
- Extract the .rar file you've downloaded.
- Copy the "core_ui_meshes.brf" file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\Resource".
- Copy the ".dds" files to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\Textures".
- Copy the "ui.csv" file to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\languages\en".

PS. *MODULE-NAME* means the module you're playing or want to play.
PPS. You might have the game installed in a different folder/directory, if so, then you will have to look for the right directory.

Notes:
- "en" stands for the english version of the game.
- I have tested this with Mount & Blade Warband only, not with any other Mount & Blade games.
- If you want to apply these loading menus to a mod you're currently playing/developing/merging then be careful because there might be a file named "core_ui_meshes.brf" already there from the other mods, if this is the case, i would advise you to not replace the file, since it might mess up that mod.
- If you are building a mod yourself and want to use this, feel free to do so with proper credits.

Enjoy

Last edited:
I like the way you solved the loading image to hide the white_plane mesh, just a point about the instructions.
Don't replace anything from the base game, TW provided other ways to do this without replacing original files:

- 'core_ui_meshes.brf' should be dropped into "..\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\Resource", as long as it keeps the same name, the game engine will take it into account and will ignore the one from the CommonRes folder, Swyter said it here, too. The same happens with all the ones that start with 'core_', it is not necessary to add them to module.ini, as it happens with the rest of brf's if we want to replace some mesh, texture, whatever.
- 'ui.csv' should be dropped into "..\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\languages\en" in the case of using the English language.

Run your tests.
Maybe your contribution should be in: 'The Forge - Mod Development'

I like the way you solved the loading image to hide the white_plane mesh, just a point about the instructions.
Don't replace anything from the base game, TW provided other ways to do this without replacing original files:

- 'core_ui_meshes.brf' should be dropped into "..\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\Resource", as long as it keeps the same name, the game engine will take it into account and will ignore the one from the CommonRes folder, Swyter said it here, too. The same happens with all the ones that start with 'core_', it is not necessary to add them to module.ini, as it happens with the rest of brf's if we want to replace some mesh, texture, whatever.
- 'ui.csv' should be dropped into "..\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\languages\en" in the case of using the English language.

Run your tests.
Maybe your contribution should be in: 'The Forge - Mod Development'

I guess i shoulda taken better care, i can definetely see this being used by other modders to help revamp the look of the game.
Thanks for the heads up. I've also updated the main post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom