SP Native Enhanced Battle Test

Users who are viewing this thread

What does it shows? You can open cmd manually and run the bat, then read the output. If the game started but crashed, you can send crash report to me ([email protected] as specified in README.html) by clicking yes when it asks whether to collect crash report and sending files in "bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\crashes\(crash time)".
Ive figured it out, one malware added autorun function to the cmd, i deleted the malware (soundmodule if anyone has experience with it) right away when i got it, but the registry entry stayed.

If anyone has same issue, check your regedit and :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\
If in either one of these is a autorun function, delete them.

Also, using the NativeStarter in .bat file provides me with failed Steam api error, but ManagedStarter works just fine for me.

Actually nevermind, i do get into the game, but crashes when i try to enter any battle.
Here is complete crashlog with everything
Got XML error here. Try to reinstall the mod, especially make sure that "Modules\Native\ModuleData\mpclassdividions.xml" in the game is overwritten by this mod.
Or try to remove config files of this mod.

Last edited:
This is great mod, allows for checking the AI, maps and train yourself as a general and fighter :wink: Do You plan on adding replay feature to the battle, so that the original state is quickly restored without going back to menu?

Tell me, please, can I create more custom units? At the moment there are only 3 of them in the mpcharacters.xml file

<NPCCharacter id = "player_character_1" default_group = "Пехота" level = "25" name = "player_character_1" профессия = "Солдат" culture = "Culture.aserai">
<NPCCharacter id="player_character_2" default_group="Infantry" level="25" name="player_character_2" occupation="Soldier" culture="Culture.aserai">
<NPCCharacter id="player_character_3" default_group="Infantry" level="25" name="player_character_3" occupation="Soldier" culture="Culture.aserai">

I just tried to install the latest patch 0.6.2 and it keep crashing like before.
I don't think that the problem is the game update anymore...
I really wanted to try this mod.

Tell me, please, can I create more custom units? At the moment there are only 3 of them in the mpcharacters.xml file

<NPCCharacter id = "player_character_1" default_group = "Пехота" level = "25" name = "player_character_1" профессия = "Солдат" culture = "Culture.aserai">
<NPCCharacter id="player_character_2" default_group="Infantry" level="25" name="player_character_2" occupation="Soldier" culture="Culture.aserai">
<NPCCharacter id="player_character_3" default_group="Infantry" level="25" name="player_character_3" occupation="Soldier" culture="Culture.aserai">
You can add more custom units by add more elements in mpcharacters.xml and mpclassdivisions.xml. Here are steps:
  1. Add a "NPCCharacter" element in mpcharacters.xml (for example copy-paste an existing element) and change id to a new one.
  2. You may want to format mpclassdivisions.xml first before editing it. For example you can use vscode with XML tools extension and press "shift+alt+F" to format the file.
  3. Add a "MPClassDivision" element in mpclassdivisions.xml (for example copy-paste and existing element) and change id to a new one. Change the attribute "hero" and "troop" to the id of your new character created in mpcharacters.xml.
  4. Right click and select "XML tools: Minify XML" to remove all the spaces between XML elements. This step is necessary because a bug reported here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...lassdivisions-mpheroclass-deserialize.393526/
  5. Save all the files.

For those having crashes at start up, I got mine to work by opening EnhancedBattleTest-Alternative.bat in notepad and changing ManagedStarter.exe to NativeStarter.exe and using that .bat to launch (the fix was posted in a comment by someone on the moddb page).

In the download it seems that the content of both .bats is the same, unless I'm missing something.

Oh my god thank you michael that fixed mine instantly you absolute legend <3 lzh it seems both bats use managedstarter.exe not one of each :smile:
Wow I fogot to change it to NativeStarter.
Thanks Michael.
For those having crashes at start up, I got mine to work by opening EnhancedBattleTest-Alternative.bat in notepad and changing ManagedStarter.exe to NativeStarter.exe and using that .bat to launch (the fix was posted in a comment by someone on the moddb page).

In the download it seems that the content of both .bats is the same, unless I'm missing something.

Does anyone know how to play on that completely flat desert map ive seen on youtube? If its not in this mod which map is most open and best for lots of units and cav?
That's an incomplete siege map without AI navigation mesh so you cannot issue any formation order in it.
You can try the first map (mp_skirmish_map_001a) if you want lots of units.

Back
Top Bottom