SP Native Enhanced Battle Test

Users who are viewing this thread

Note: This mod is updated and singleplayer troops are added!

This is a mod for Mount&Blade Bannerlord that provides more powerful custom battle.

I have released it on nexusmods.com.
Features
  • You can choose multiplayer characters or singleplayer characters that are used in campaign mode.
    You can choose at most 8 groups of troops for each side.
  • For multiplayer battle test, you can choose perks, which is the same as in multiplayer mode.
  • For singleplayer battle test, you can choose all the characters in campaign mode, except companions, as they are generated dynamically.
  • You can adjust gender ratio for each group of troops.
  • You can customize the banner of each team in banner editor in singleplayer battle test, with copy-paste feature.
  • Configuration saving. The battle configuration is saved in "(user directory)\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\EnhancedBattleTest\".
    The configuration for multiplayer battle test is saved in "mpconfig.xml" and that for singleplayer battle test is saved in "spconfig.xml".
  • Features such as controlling your allies after you are killed and switching to free camera are moved to another mod called RTS Camera.
How to install
  • Copy `Modules` folder into Bannerlord installation folder(For example `C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord - Beta`). It should be merged with `Modules` of the game. Or use Vortex to install it automatically.
    Note that the other files should not be installed. They are source files used to build the mod and are for those who want to modify the mod.
How to use
  • Start the launcher and choose Single player mode. In `Mods` panel select `EnhancedBattleTest` mod and click `PLAY`.
  • After starting:
    Select a mode to play in main menu. Singpleplayer battle test may be slow to load because it would start a campaign game to load all the data. This problem may be resolved in the future.
    You can select troops for each side of teams.
    Click `Start` to enjoy the battle.
Troubleshoot
Please read "Troubleshoot" section in "README.html".

Version 2.0.1: 2020-05-31
  • Add "Swap team" button.
  • Fix the problem that default banner can cause cloth of soldiers disappear.
Version 2.0.0: 2020-05-30
  • Make the mod from scratch.
  • Support singleplayer troops
Version v0.5:
  • Add training mode. Press numpad 7 to disable dying.
  • Add support for adjusting combat AI. Enjoy 1v1 with bot!
  • Add support for importing characters. Read "How to customizing characters" section before doing so.
Version v0.5.3:
  • Keep compatible with Bannerlord b0.8.1
  • Add more maps, including one siege map which is the only siege map that has AI navmesh. Delete the config if you cannot see new maps. Details below.
  • Fix a bug of order UI.
Version v0.5.4:
  • Keep compatible with Bannerlord b0.8.5.
  • Add more maps.
  • Change "Enemy Charge" to "Charge" that let both sides to charge.
  • Change UI text.
  • Add html page for README.
Version v0.6.1:
  • New siege battle mode: more suitable AI for siege battle and with deployment stage.
  • Press numpad 8 to open more options.
  • Press P to pause game.
  • AI tactic option: Player can choose to enable and disable tactic options.
  • Enable/Disable AI: Player can enable/disable AI for enemy and player team.
  • Player can choose to disable agent label and soldier's making grunt voice behavior.
  • Fix the bug that customized character gender is always male.
  • Fix the bug that armor bonus of improved armor perks is not applied.
Version v0.6.2:
  • Add resetting mission in Test Battle mode.
  • Add option to use realistic blocking.
  • Add option to let player spawn as defender(useful in siege battle).
  • Add buttons in mission menu(open by pressing letter O) so that player can switch team/free camera, toggle pause, etc. using mouse.
  • Do not use numpad anymore.
  • Fix bug that siege battle use armor configured by test battle.
Version v0.6.3:
  • Fix bug that team color is incorrect when player is spawned as defender.
  • Add adjusting combat speed feature in mission menu (open by pressing letter O).
Version v0.7.0:
  • Keep compatible with b0.9.0.
  • Fix the bug that soldiers will not celebrate victory after mission reset.
  • Add disable death notification UI option.
  • Change organization of files in ModuleData. Customized characters are placed in a new file.
Version e1.0.0:
  • Keep compatible with Bannerlord e1.0.0.
  • Add localization for Chinese.
Version e1.0.1:
  • Keep compatible with Bannerlord e1.0.5.
  • Add score board in custom battle mode and siege battle mode.
  • Add bgm.
  • Fix bugs.

Last edited:
Great job, mate. Thanks for sharing this.
Would there be any possibility to "import" unit loadouts from the Bloc's mod (characters.xml)?

Great job, mate. Thanks for sharing this.
Would there be any possibility to "import" unit loadouts from the Bloc's mod (characters.xml)?
I plan to support it.
Currently in test battle mode, it requires that all the characters should appears in mpclassdivisions.xml. So maybe I can implement it in custom battle mode or add a new mode for user-defined characters. I investigated into the mechanism of importing objects and now I'm sure I can implement it in both modes.

Last edited:
I plan to support it.
Currently in test battle mode, it requires that all the characters should appears in mpclassdivisions.xml. So maybe I can implement it in custom battle mode or add a new mode for user-defined characters
Wonderful then, I'll keep an eye out with new updates.

Great mod! I might add I've noticed on the test battle character stuck at walking speed while the custom battle character moves normal speed, Also if you die in test battle and switch to a soldier they'll have normal movement speed unlike their commander

Great mod! I might add I've noticed on the test battle character stuck at walking speed while the custom battle character moves normal speed, Also if you die in test battle and switch to a soldier they'll have normal movement speed unlike their commander
Sorry for that bug. For now you may solve it by pressing numpad 6 twice to switch to free camera.and switch back.
I have found the reason and the bug will be fixed in future release.

Back
Top Bottom