Resolved Enemy won't assault my cities if I am personally defending it with my party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Teeb1234

Recruit
Basically the title explains the issue.
I wanted to play as a defender in a siege, so I created a new game where through console commands I granted myself Lageta, 200 troops + garrison resulting in my defending force being ~900. I again, through the console peace out all the factions and declared war on everyone on the map in hopes they will all focus me since I was at war with everyone, I had one settlement, so I should be seen as "weak" to other AI's. As the result I have spend around 100 days waiting in town just for enemy armies that were 2x my number come, besiege, wait till their food or cohesion ran out, break siege and leave. Happened like 10 times in 100 days. 0 attempts at assault by AI. It makes it super ridiculous that I can't enjoy such a big aspect of the game in my campaigns.
FYI, I used a completely mod-free save to remove the possibility of this issue being related to mods.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Uploaded

Can you try to reproduce this issue on 1.5.6? I've been informed that it is fixed in 1.5.6.
Ok Im here to report my findings in 1.5.6.
To begin with, some things did change. Not sure that it was for the best. Now armies have more food and more stable cohesion (which is a good thing since it allows them to siege for longer periods), BUT they are sieging the settlements with an army of the same quantities as the garrison force. What does this lead to? It leads to same thing I described previously. They come, they siege you for 10 days trying to break your walls with siege weapons, they eventually run out of food and then just bugger off. It happened overall like 6-7 times.

The only way for the AI to proceed to Assault was when an army that was 2.5 times my garrison force besieged, broken 1 or 2 of my walls with trebuchets and ONLY then it decided it is good enough to actually attack. I believe (not proven by testing yet!) that if I max out my siege and normal workshops in the city and I would be able to destroy enemy siege engines for 10 days before they break my walls, enemy army no matter what size it is will just turn around and leave. I have an example of an army 2x my size sieging for 10 days, failing to break the walls and leave.

So no, I believe the issue is still there and it may have just became even more annoying to reproduce since I have to wait for 10 days in a settlement for enemy army to leave so another one can attack.

Screenshots attached:

Even we multiplied with 0.5x player and nearby parties strength at garrison during target selection AI we forget multiplying during starting assault code. So currently probably npc parties make siege to settlement with player but they do not start assault.

Thats why this bug still exists. Sorry for delay. Now also adding same x0.5 to starting assault decision code parts.

Back
Top Bottom