Enemy siege engines targeting parts of their own wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, so this I wanted to bring up, I just installed the most recent update, started a siege, and great stuff on the improving of the siege towers by the way, fixing that.

After I got up on the wall, however, something different happened, that...im finding an issue.

The enemy had catapults and...instead of firing them at my troops on the ground, or siege engines out on the ground, it fired into its own walls toward me and I died.

Now, me dieing isn't necessarily a problem, however, how I died was. Realistically, it doesn't make sense at all why a catapult would open fire on its own walls.

So this I do not think should be in the game like this. Like, their should be limits on what can happen in game like this.

Applying the realism established by the game on walls acting like real walls, being shot up by their own catapults should weaken them to allow wall destruction, and thus enemy troops to waltz on in. That's realistically how the game is set up and should follow consistently.

Opening fire on the walls with own catapults as shown in game, that I just came across, should never happen. It's a tactical suicide

You kill 20 men in exchange for damaging your wall and setting it on fire.

The alternative is...we are allowing the exploit of invincible walls that can't be broken and we could do anything to troops on them with no consequence.

So...honestly on this I have a hard issue

Do not like this at all. Serious issue in game

Please fix

Weird. After my BJ Penn doppelganger engineer died my main character built our catapults. During the siege stage the catapults were firing into random directions on the campaign map. I assume it was because my engineer skill was 3. Now during the actual battle my soldiers took over and fired them like normal.

Weird. After my BJ Penn doppelganger engineer died my main character built our catapults. During the siege stage the catapults were firing into random directions on the campaign map. I assume it was because my engineer skill was 3. Now during the actual battle my soldiers took over and fired them like normal.
Hmm...so, if you don't have an engineer set to your party, your engineer level should take over, I believe as long as your not set to scout or anything else.

Once in a battle your soldiers should fire the weapons themselves

Well I am set to quartermaster bit it had a faded avatar of myself in the engineer slot too. I think I gained some engineer skill as well but do could be wrong.

Hmm...interesting. its possible it sets you to both if there's an empty slot. I like that they hav3 that as a default if that's the way it is

Helps keep things going

It makes sense

Back
Top Bottom