Enemy routs too fast 1.5.10.

Users who are viewing this thread

aron1488

Recruit
hey guys!

In the new 1.5.10. beta I realised I cant play a full battle against bandits and village militia they are routing so early in the battle, they cant reach even my front line. I dont have a full army they just run away too fast even when they have a chance to win. I play on foot and it is totally ruin the early gameplay. I dont know does the game difficulty or combat ai difficulty influence these things or what.

Yep also bandits in your own party are routing when they get hit with a stone. A tier 2 empire Archers has more morale than a tier 3 or 4 sea raider...

Is it just me, or you can't run down enemies anymore.
I seem to not be able to issue commands after the enemy starts running away.

+1 - I feel like this is another secret feature added like negative relations when killing lords everyone hates.

I never liked that the AI would mess around and cheer when enemies route, now you cannot even order them to aggressively attack

Love it, it doesn’t make sense that a group of looters run against an army to death rather than turn back and flying.

BTW you can order hold fire to the archers group until the enemy is close.

Is it just me, or you can't run down enemies anymore.
I seem to not be able to issue commands after the enemy starts running away.
I have the same problem and its anoying , if your troops are in shieldwall or you have stop them from shooting, you cant command that. And if you doing the brigand quest you need to catch or kill everyone in the enemy groops.

I have the same problem and its anoying , if your troops are in shieldwall or you have stop them from shooting, you cant command that. And if you doing the brigand quest you need to catch or kill everyone in the enemy groops.
I ve found a Work arround in the code. Though my soldiers also doesnt cheer anymore(but i can live with that).
In the "BattleEndLogic" class is a a Method which is called "MissionEnded".

There is an if-clause
"if(this._isEnemySideRetreating || this._isEnemySideDepleted)"

than .......

If you delete the condition "this._isEnemySideRetreating"

to "if(this._isEnemySideDepleted)"

and save the file, you can still command your Troops after the Enemy is fleeing or retreating. Though as mentioned, your soldiers wont cheer anymore and chase them down.

Edit: ok and another downside: If enemies have reached the border of the map and vanished in the Battle Result screen stands "Defeated" though it doesn´t have any impact that you actually won the battle. But I will try to find a way which solves the Problem in a smarter way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom