Enemy of Factions Seemingly at Random

Users who are viewing this thread

Anthropoid

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I'm at day 131, level ~20, 260 renown, party of about 65. I have yet to be employed by or serve as a mercentary (much less vassal) to any Lord in the game. I have been recruited once by the East Seaxe but did not accept.

Nonetheless, throughout my game at various points, I find when I approach a town I am for some reason being regarded as an "enemy" of the town. The dialogue that comes up is as if I was at war with the faction owning the town and entering the town requires that I talk to a leader there to pay my way back in to good graces else disguise and sneak in.

If this is a new feature that somehow makes you an enemy if you help a factions enemies then very cool, I'll roll with that.

But maybe it is some kinda bug?

And just to add, it is not like I'm playing a raider or anything. I think I've stolen cattle maybe at most 3 times, and that was from villages owned by factions other than these ones for whom I'm an 'enemy.' I have however, done a lot of Guild Master quests, so maybe if you do a GM quest for a factions enemies that makes you an enemy of theirs for the duration of the conflict??

I usually get this if I rescue a lord for a lady, join up as a mercenary, or help out christian clergy too much and refuse to pay the wergild when my guys rape a pagan woman.
Then the pagan kingdoms will consider me their enemy unless I do them some favors or help out some pagans.

If you side with pagans/christians in certain random events you can piss off a faction, that's probably what happened. The hardline religious kingdoms like Mierce, Bernaccia, Centware are generally the ones that will dislike you.

Its a good concept at the core, but some of them are really ambiguous. Like if you simply pass by a church without entering it you make an enemy of an entire kingdom :shock:

Ah cool, so more or less a working as designed game feature.

Is looking at the religion for the Towns that comprise a faction the only real way to know what religion that faction is? Also, I'm not seeing anywhere that I can tell what religion Lord NPCs are?

Back
Top Bottom