Enemy faction too passive

Users who are viewing this thread

DannyyBoyyy

Recruit
I started my own kingdom by taking over an enemy castle, but they have not tried to take it back. It has been a month in game since I have captured the castle and all they do is plunder the village that came with the castle. I have played warband, with fire and sword, and viking conquest and this passiveness from the AI is not typical to what I am used to. Any thoughts?

Sometimes that happens.  Others get to defend against 2000+ enemy troops at their gate.

The AI strategically is no different than in native Warband.

Maybe garrison is too strong? AI will likely cease sieges when there are over 900 troops inside. If not, then maybe the marshal is some bad tempered douche, only gathering like 4 other lords hes unable to siege anything, but raided village keeps his controversy low.

DarkTemplar said:
Maybe garrison is too strong? AI will likely cease sieges when there are over 900 troops inside. If not, then maybe the marshal is some bad tempered douche, only gathering like 4 other lords hes unable to siege anything, but raided village keeps his controversy low.

Nope, one of my castles has a garrison of 35 and one of my towns has 90. Is there any way to make them more aggressive? I'd rather defend against a siege that brings a lot of enemies to me at once than have to have a hundred smaller battles to weaken the faction.

DannyyBoyyy said:
DarkTemplar said:

Nope, one of my castles has a garrison of 35 and one of my towns has 90. Is there any way to make them more aggressive? I'd rather defend against a siege that brings a lot of enemies to me at once than have to have a hundred smaller battles to weaken the faction.

What about the rest of the faction, do their lords have fiefs to support their expenses - troops? Are you their only enemy? Arent they kept at home because of multiple invading armies?

Strange, usually the AI will attack weakly defended cities and castles.  What may be happening is that the marshall of the AI is very conservative and isn't choosing to siege.  Nothing you can really do until the marshall gets changed.

That or the marshall/king is imprisoned and cannot act. Raiding parties are not necessarily led by marshal, but also by lords with positive relations among them so it might well be one of these causes. Have no worries, the AI is unlikely to ask for peace when your towns are unprotected so expect a host of them soon at your gates.

Back
Top Bottom