Enemy artillery is better than any sniper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeez, you guys sound like you are having a rough time! I'll need to go fight more armies, since I seem to be dominating. None of the Arty in any faction in my campaign aren't that good, all this "Killed at the beginning of the round" has never happened to me...

Scorpia said:
Jeez, you guys sound like you are having a rough time! I'll need to go fight more armies, since I seem to be dominating. None of the Arty in any faction in my campaign aren't that good, all this "Killed at the beginning of the round" has never happened to me...

Your time will come, and when it does, you will start whining too  :mrgreen:

Its happened to me a couple times, but I got over it. In fact I really dont have a problem with enemy cannons. I usually take them out super quick, either me personally or my own artillery does it before I even get halfway across the battlefield.

Vraelomon said:
Its happened to me a couple times, but I got over it. In fact I really dont have a problem with enemy cannons. I usually take them out super quick, either me personally or my own artillery does it before I even get halfway across the battlefield.
This. I usually send my cavalry flanking when the enemy charges in after the first artillery volley fire and even a small bunch (5-6) are enough to take care of the problem.

Docm30 said:
The DLC has nothing I want. Why would I make L'Aigle require it?

NW will give us its artillery system+collision models+commander battle mode(which you can improve)+completing MP side quickly and starting line battles at once. It is your mod, but isn't it worth?

So I started playing today, I stupidly hid my french light inf behind my arty, one lucky shot only killed 5 of them (Which is a lot for me)
But I've just rushed them, and if I'm really out numbered,(Which I have been lately) ctrl+f4 automatically kills the arty guys.

My British arty keep being twats and moving with my men when two arty guys are reloading. Kinda annoying since I hardly notice them and then they run back to fire. But it's not that bad to be honest, all I ask for is slightly better movement with them, other than that the aiming is fine.

BetaKnight said:
Niccolò dei Machiavelli said:
Then just remove the artillery pls. I really love this mod, it's awesome but In my opinion it's unplayabe with AI artillery.
I have to flee with 40 men from a 26 men army because everytime I fight them their arty anipes me at the beginning at the round or
massacres my men. I can't even charge their arty because the rest of their army are cavalry who always rapes me when I do so.
The artillery is a very nice idea but it totally don't fits to Mount&Blade and destroys the gameplay and in my opinion it also looks not very good and historical how the cannonball hits my men and the ground.

Even if only the artillery from NW would enrich the game(play) I can understand that Docm30 didn't want to use it. The only way to make the mod playable is completly remove AI artillery from it.
i'm guessing your first language isn't english (No insult intended). Cannonballs normally hit the ground, sometimes it bounces and sometimes its on target and sometimes it bounces and hits the target. Historically and in reality its quite alright, what I dont like is that the cannons seem like insta mortars. The shells dont even give time for you to run away or move its as if you step onto a mine everytime you hear the cannons roar.

Yes, english isn't my first language :razz:

that's what I mean, the cannons work like mortars. The arty also seems to be a bit buggy. My artillery just shot themself after my men killed the last enemy...

BetaKnight said:
Then just remove the artillery pls. I really love this mod, it's awesome but In my opinion it's unplayabe with AI artillery.
I have to flee with 40 men from a 26 men army because everytime I fight them their arty anipes me at the beginning at the round or
massacres my men. I can't even charge their arty because the rest of their army are cavalry who always rapes me when I do so.
The artillery is a very nice idea but it totally don't fits to Mount&Blade and destroys the gameplay and in my opinion it also looks not very good and historical how the cannonball hits my men and the ground.

Even if only the artillery from NW would enrich the game(play) I can understand that Docm30 didn't want to use it. The only way to make the mod playable is completly remove AI artillery from it.
i'm guessing your first language isn't english (No insult intended). Cannonballs normally hit the ground, sometimes it bounces and sometimes its on target and sometimes it bounces and hits the target. Historically and in reality its quite alright, what I dont like is that the cannons seem like insta mortars. The shells dont even give time for you to run away or move its as if you step onto a mine everytime you hear the cannons roar.

Yes, english isn't my first language :razz:

that's what I mean, the cannons work like mortars. The arty also seems to be a bit buggy. My artillery just shot themself after my men killed the last enemy...

The way that I think the arty works is it shoots, a cannonball flies through the air, the AI decides a spot on the map where the cannonball will "land," and then it blows up the ground there like someone set off a land mine.

Gewehr98 said:
The way that I think the arty works is it shoots, a cannonball flies through the air, the AI decides a spot on the map where the cannonball will "land," and then it blows up the ground there like someone set off a land mine.

I already explained how the cannons work, here is the quote of myself from page 1 i believe:

Takeda Shingen said:
Cannons work rather strange, instead of firing the projectile and then that projectile traveling and hitting something(like your troops), the cannon chooses a random spot on the map where your troops are located, and almost instantly applies damage to that area. That means that even if you hide behind a very steep hill enemy cannon will still manage to hit you and your troops, because the AI doesn't have the same problem as a player where the cannon crew switches from Group 9 to group 1 or 2.

Hopefully Docm will find a better way to improve the cannons in the future, as they are OP at the moment in the hands of the AI. Most of my battles start with me rushing on a horse behind enemy lines to kill the cannon crew before they decimate my men  :roll:

The projectile that you may or may not see flying/landing is just for the show, doesn't do anything else.

MekkilsSupaHausOfficial said:
MaHuD said:
thanks for the information. Yes the NW module system may not be used outside of NW without permission from NW devs.
I'll see what I can do for a more realistic AI cannon firing script.

You can use it in a Warband mod...
If you include stuff from NW, be it models, sounds, or code, you have to make a check (In your installer) that the player installing the mod has NW purchased.

But that way you can make a mod running in warband, using NWs code...
I also think that most people playing this mod (If not all) already own NW.

It is included in the complete pack. And it has been on sale a dozen of times, for almost nothing. 75% off, if I remember right.

Good news for those who doesn't like multiplayer modes like me, I dl Napoleonic Wars from talesworld and there is no need to purchase it in order to play it (you need the license only to play on multiplayer servers, singleplayer things works for free). So we can use canons,destructible constructions physics and real naval battles for free :grin:
(by the way, I like that field-glass feature)

That's not the point. The problem was to buy the license of NW in order to use some of their stuff. But now we know that we can use it like any other stuff based in warband engine without requiring to dl or purchase it, what is a good thing.

deadknight said:
That's not the point. The problem was to buy the license of NW in order to use some of their stuff. But now we know that we can use it like any other stuff based in warband engine without requiring to dl or purchase it, what is a good thing.

Surely the intention of the requirement check is to ensure the player has bought NW, rather than just downloaded the trial version to play SP?

Moot point as far as L'Aigle goes anyway.

It's not a trial version. Only the multiplayer is  for sell, and devs release the module system so we can perfectly use it like any other mod.

Takeda Shingen said:
Gewehr98 said:

I already explained how the cannons work, here is the quote of myself from page 1 i believe:

Takeda Shingen said:
Cannons work rather strange, instead of firing the projectile and then that projectile traveling and hitting something(like your troops), the cannon chooses a random spot on the map where your troops are located, and almost instantly applies damage to that area. That means that even if you hide behind a very steep hill enemy cannon will still manage to hit you and your troops, because the AI doesn't have the same problem as a player where the cannon crew switches from Group 9 to group 1 or 2.

Hopefully Docm will find a better way to improve the cannons in the future, as they are OP at the moment in the hands of the AI. Most of my battles start with me rushing on a horse behind enemy lines to kill the cannon crew before they decimate my men  :roll:

The projectile that you may or may not see flying/landing is just for the show, doesn't do anything else.

Isn't there a way to like script them as a giant bow and arrow, and that the artillerists are the weilders?

Murat ÖZCAN said:
Docm30 said:
The DLC has nothing I want. Why would I make L'Aigle require it?

NW will give us its artillery system+collision models+commander battle mode(which you can improve)+completing MP side quickly and starting line battles at once. It is your mod, but isn't it worth?
I highly doubt NW/Vincenzo would give out his money spawn a.k.a. The codes

MaHuD said:
@Betaknight,
Oh really? Then I wonder why there are module files freely available for NW.
I meant it as in Vince won't allow nw dlc content to be used for a warband mod (without nw).

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Yeah, and then you have to tie L'Aigle to the DLC check.
Which means you need to buy the dlc to play l'aigle mp.

I'm getting unclearer everyday... My apologies

So, regarding cannons, how do i control my arty?
I would like to know if there's a way to tell em to just **** off. Because they are useful when the enemy is far from my troops, but when the enemy is engaging my troops and they shoot and kill my own troops, well that makes me sad.
also i really don't know how to tell em to shoot a certain spot or sth like that.

Back
Top Bottom