Enemy artillery is better than any sniper!

Users who are viewing this thread

MaHuD said:
thanks for the information. Yes the NW module system may not be used outside of NW without permission from NW devs.
I'll see what I can do for a more realistic AI cannon firing script.

You can use it in a Warband mod...
If you include stuff from NW, be it models, sounds, or code, you have to make a check (In your installer) that the player installing the mod has NW purchased.

But that way you can make a mod running in warband, using NWs code...
I also think that most people playing this mod (If not all) already own NW.

It is included in the complete pack. And it has been on sale a dozen of times, for almost nothing. 75% off, if I remember right.

MekkilsSupaHausOfficial said:
But that way you can make a mod running in warband, using NWs code...
I also think that most people playing this mod (If not all) already own NW.

It is included in the complete pack. And it has been on sale a dozen of times, for almost nothing. 75% off, if I remember right.
I don´t. And I have no interest in getting it since I stopped playing MP games a long time ago.

MaHuD said:
you can download it and use it yes. But then you have to add a line to your code that makes is so that only people with the NW DLC can play your mod. In other words, that would only limit the amount of players and is not desirable.

I think you will not need NW artillery system. It does not look like a complicated arty system. Just press F and reload. But bots cant press F. Maybe you can use The Deluge mod's artillery system. Take a look at it. If The Deluge Dev allow you,it will work,I think.

I personally don't like the Artillery as they are, it feels like a random throw of the dice and there's nothing I can do to reduce the impact.
I think that DocM should either poll to see how many people don't have NW and if most people have it then he can implement artillery from there, or see if he can get ahold of the Deluge Scripts.
I don't much care for using a cannon myself, but I'd like to see better physics for them.

Yea I must admit that i prefer NWs canon system. It would be nice if a canon ball could actually kill something while its still flying through the air. Bouncing of the canonball would be nice as well.

Count Roland said:
I think something similar to the arty-system of Caribbean would work as well.

Does it still use that overpowered grapeshot system? Not played in a few updates.

about the NW argument:

1) the game is early alpha. So until it reaches beta/release we will have plenty of sales for it. So people would get it for free (WB package) or for couple dollars (DLC only)
2) it would solve the MP issue. If anyone asks about MP just point them to NW  :mrgreen:
  2.1) the mod could add some stuff to NW MP too (models, maps, etc)
3) Plenty of cool stuff to use from NW (cannons is a good example).

My 2 cents.

You poor buggers. I've really only fought Brits, since France has loads of allies (I tend to change that) and their arty don't do that much, 2-3 kills per hit, and they don't hit often. My arty aren't that good either.

I find arty under powered, not over powered. Maybe my game is different and my arty are awful. But I've never worried about anyone's arty. Then again, I keep seeing one or two Brit arty charging admits the hordes of Brits.

kalarhan said:
about the NW argument:

1) the game is early alpha. So until it reaches beta/release we will have plenty of sales for it. So people would get it for free (WB package) or for couple dollars (DLC only)
2) it would solve the MP issue. If anyone asks about MP just point them to NW  :mrgreen:
  2.1) the mod could add some stuff to NW MP too (models, maps, etc)
3) Plenty of cool stuff to use from NW (cannons is a good example).

My 2 cents.

Good idea,indeed. This will finish th MP side of the mod much earlier. In addition,this may mean that "NW price= NW+L'aigle+More clients to Taleworlds". Cool,isn't it? Win,win... :grin:

even if there was something that he would want to use from NW, it makes no sense to do so. L'eagle provides something akin to NW without needing to pay for it + it has an extensive SP campaign. And the many players that prefferably play SP probably don't own NW.

@leifr,
Is the deluge cannon system open source and also for AI ? (I haven't played it, so I don't know )

Then just remove the artillery pls. I really love this mod, it's awesome but In my opinion it's unplayabe with AI artillery.
I have to flee with 40 men from a 26 men army because everytime I fight them their arty anipes me at the beginning at the round or
massacres my men. I can't even charge their arty because the rest of their army are cavalry who always rapes me when I do so.
The artillery is a very nice idea but it totally don't fits to Mount&Blade and destroys the gameplay and in my opinion it also looks not very good and historical how the cannonball hits my men and the ground.

Even if only the artillery from NW would enrich the game(play) I can understand that Docm30 didn't want to use it. The only way to make the mod playable is completly remove AI artillery from it.

Niccolò dei Machiavelli said:
Then just remove the artillery pls. I really love this mod, it's awesome but In my opinion it's unplayabe with AI artillery.
I have to flee with 40 men from a 26 men army because everytime I fight them their arty anipes me at the beginning at the round or
massacres my men. I can't even charge their arty because the rest of their army are cavalry who always rapes me when I do so.
The artillery is a very nice idea but it totally don't fits to Mount&Blade and destroys the gameplay and in my opinion it also looks not very good and historical how the cannonball hits my men and the ground.

Even if only the artillery from NW would enrich the game(play) I can understand that Docm30 didn't want to use it. The only way to make the mod playable is completly remove AI artillery from it.
i'm guessing your first language isn't english (No insult intended). Cannonballs normally hit the ground, sometimes it bounces and sometimes its on target and sometimes it bounces and hits the target. Historically and in reality its quite alright, what I dont like is that the cannons seem like insta mortars. The shells dont even give time for you to run away or move its as if you step onto a mine everytime you hear the cannons roar.

Back
Top Bottom