Enemy Armies Raise WAY too fast

Users who are viewing this thread

PeopleTrader

Recruit
I'm playing on the easiest mode possible to get a feel for the game and the mechanics without too much headache.

Even on this mode, the rate at which the enemy regenerates their armies and can raise another massive army is staggering. It's like to matter how many times I take out an army of 360 strong, and eliminate the stragglers trying to join up (80-110 armies)... they just come right back. It's like they have no influence limit and can just form armies at whatever whim. This might be due to the fact that they built up a lot when I was amassing gold via trading.

Has anyone had successful efforts expanding your kingdom? I can't even maintain one fortress because they're constantly whittling away at my garrison so I have to stay in the area to defend it.

The AI has the same exact money and recruiting limitations as you so no it's not too fast, you're not doing anything to counter them building up

if it's later in the game and a faction has a large control over the map, they seem to have an endless supply of lords. which means that they also have more armies in waiting.

they don't escape as fast if you stuff them in a dungeon.

also there are alot more lords in general than the previous title so you have very little breathing room against factions that have a lot more resources than you.

the balancing is going to be a while as currently stability is the main concern a lot of people cant even launch the game right now due to various issues related to the games interactions with certain graphics cards and CPU's

Yeah, I don't think this game was balanced much before release. Only way to win a war at this time against an enemy that has more lords than you is to get an executioner axe. Chop Chop.

This may be a side effect of the anti-snowball mechanic of lords low on funds drawing from garrisons. Before, lords had to get their recruits from villages, and they were competing with one another to do it. Now, they can simply snap up some troops from the local garrison. I haven't investigated too thoroughly, though, and I could be wrong.

This may be a side effect of the anti-snowball mechanic of lords low on funds drawing from garrisons. Before, lords had to get their recruits from villages, and they were competing with one another to do it. Now, they can simply snap up some troops from the local garrison. I haven't investigated too thoroughly, though, and I could be wrong.

That would be my guess, is that they are stealing them from garrisons, so that either leaves Villages with smaller garrisons or Settlements with smaller ones (Probably both, priority being on keeping settlements stacked) meaning that the more they withdraw from the bank, the weaker they actually get.

Kind of a horde mode wave game at this point. Where if you beat multiple Armies of 300+ They will eventually run out of men and have a Weaker defense as a result.

I've seen this in my mercenary playthrough where despite Khuzait owning quite a bit of territory and having powerful Standing armys, most of their villages are empty of men to defend them.

After capturing them you could kill them. That would severely lower your relations with some other lords but the more you kill, the less nobles they have to raise armies. Also, raiding villages will reduce the amount of places and men they can recruit.

But yeah, enemy lords escape far too fast.

I know, but that was presented as a radical option that you CAN take, but mostly shouldn't, because it would carry negative consequences like raiding villages in warband. Except it's actually a necessity in this game to make any progress at all in wars.

Which makes sense because they or others put the garrison troops there to begin with. Before they in essence depleted the recruitment capacity, had everything in garrison and did not withdraw troops from there so were stuffed when losing their army.

The AI has the same exact money and recruiting limitations as you so no it's not too fast, you're not doing anything to counter them building up

I can't. I literally have no time. In the time it takes for me to rebuild my army, I can't even raid one of his villages before he's knocking on my castle door again. Which, by the way, has no garrison cause he constantly whittles it down to nothing with his invasion force of 300. I'm playing a constant game of back and forth pin ball of defending my only castle and fighting off his massive army. There's no in between.

My companions can't even assemble a party. They're terrible at it. You give them a starting force of 40 men, and they get captured... yet a lord can lose 150 men and suddenly be back at full strength immediately after release and knocking on my door again.

It short, it's not a matter of counteracting, it's a matter of I can't even counteract.

You should capture the lords after defeat.

I do capture the lords after defeat. I place them in my dungeon. Then they escape and come back with a massive force again. As I said, I have no time. I'm fighting an army that has around 20 vassals it seems, and that's not an exaggeration.

I don't know that this is the case. I picked the 3rd smallest nation to fight with. He has six major towns. I've whittled through thousands of his troops with my one army, and he keeps coming back. And if he's low on funds, he's not showing any signs of it.

I know, but that was presented as a radical option that you CAN take, but mostly shouldn't, because it would carry negative consequences like raiding villages in warband. Except it's actually a necessity in this game to make any progress at all in wars.

Yeah, this is what i started doing. I made a save that's titled "**** it, im killing everyone". Everyone I captured from here on, main leader aside, has been executed. This is the only solution I've seen to make them slow down.

When you're a fledgling little kingdom just starting out, you have to fight dirty. Your best bet is to wait until you have a group of extremely trained soldiers (TIV-VI) and then engage lords before they gather in an army.

Eventually you will deplete their reserves. But you have to keep winning decisive victory after victory. The lords will start depleting their garrisons and be unable to recruit much more than Tier 1 and 2. at that point you can start massacring them at with a 5:1 numerical disadvantage.

Join another realm as a Mercenary, and use other lords to your advantage to weaken a stronger faction. Be especially wary of the Khuzait's, as they have many strategic advantages, namely their high speed. This doesn't just confer mobility, but as the Khuzait lords catch and kill way more bandits than any other army, their forces tend to be much more experienced and dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom