Endless Wars in 1.5.7 How to make a faction make peace with everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tell me, is there any trick that will help you avoid endless wars in 1.5.7.?
I play the role of a vassal, without executions, without recruiting lords for Sturgia, only with factional troops.

Honestly, I'm already tired of fighting everyone. If at first there was only one war, now there are as many as 3 wars in parallel! How to survive this, I do not know. There are simply not enough lords, and if you take into account the fact that I play with deaths included, then every death of a friendly lord is a minus to the strength of the kingdom. Soon the clans will have no lords sitting idle in the castles. Here's what to do then ...

The only way out, I see, is to give all the captured lands of Vlandia and Batania back to their owners and focus on defending only their native lands. We must wait for the children of the lords to grow up in order to somehow make up for the losses, and this is another 10 years of playing ...

And the most offensive thing is that peace cannot be concluded in any way, no matter who pays the tribute, we or the enemies, the lords simply do not approve of it. It seems that it was specially made so that there would always be wars when a player enters the kingship, because being a loner, I saw how factions had not fought with anyone for almost months, but here ..

I deliberately burned a bunch of the other clans' influence by repeatedly calling for bull**** votes until the worst offenders had too little influence to oppose me. But that involved having a massive stockpile of influence myself.

I deliberately burned a bunch of the other clans' influence by repeatedly calling for bull**** votes until the worst offenders had too little influence to oppose me. But that involved having a massive stockpile of influence myself.
I laughed pretty hard at this. Good idea

The only thing I can suggest is to strive towards being the ruler of the faction and make peace yourself by speaking to a noble in the field. You can make peace without leaving it to a vote, but there won't be any tribute involved. You usually will have to pay them off with either money or crafted items (javelins and polearms still are worth ridiculous sums of money and work great for barter)

I laughed pretty hard at this. Good idea

The only thing I can suggest is to strive towards being the ruler of the faction and make peace yourself by speaking to a noble in the field. You can make peace without leaving it to a vote, but there won't be any tribute involved. You usually will have to pay them off with either money or crafted items (javelins and polearms still are worth ridiculous sums of money and work great for barter)
Regarding reconciliation through dialogue, I am quite familiar. I have already become the ruler of Sturgia. I was elected by voting after the death of their leader. But unfortunately at this stage, more than a million are being demanded for peace. And I do not use blacksmithing, I only have what fell from the battle + 10k daily profit. And given that factions like to declare war almost immediately after reconciliation, this is, alas, not an option. More than 3k days have passed, children have grown up, and these children already have children of their own, the number of lords has increased and now the devil knows what is happening ...

The war is going against all factions. Nobody wants the world, just spend 3k influence for the world, which is also not an option ...

i think they just like war..its ridiculous lol...once i had a vassal asking to go war with a kingdom i allready end it..and for fun i say yes..now im at war with a non existent kingdom with 0 force...also how to survive..just go to any lord of that faction and make peace hehe

Tell me, is there any trick that will help you avoid endless wars in 1.5.7.?
I play the role of a vassal, without executions, without recruiting lords for Sturgia, only with factional troops.

Honestly, I'm already tired of fighting everyone. If at first there was only one war, now there are as many as 3 wars in parallel! How to survive this, I do not know. There are simply not enough lords, and if you take into account the fact that I play with deaths included, then every death of a friendly lord is a minus to the strength of the kingdom. Soon the clans will have no lords sitting idle in the castles. Here's what to do then ...

The only way out, I see, is to give all the captured lands of Vlandia and Batania back to their owners and focus on defending only their native lands. We must wait for the children of the lords to grow up in order to somehow make up for the losses, and this is another 10 years of playing ...

And the most offensive thing is that peace cannot be concluded in any way, no matter who pays the tribute, we or the enemies, the lords simply do not approve of it. It seems that it was specially made so that there would always be wars when a player enters the kingship, because being a loner, I saw how factions had not fought with anyone for almost months, but here ..
When my faction decides to go to war even tho i am the faction leader and choose not to ive figured out just to meet an enemy and pay cash for peace as the diplomatic way is careless on my behalf

When my faction decides to go to war even tho i am the faction leader and choose not to ive figured out just to meet an enemy and pay cash for peace as the diplomatic way is careless on my behalf
Apparently, you will have to resort to a blacksmith and pay off. But I just want at least a month break to do quests in villages and towns and provide my garnezons with pumped troops for future wars!

I have to agree that I think there are too many wars going on. There honestly needs to be periods of peace in between war not constant war. I mean in my current playthrough, we (Vlandia) finally got things stablize with our War with Battania and it was finally starting to go our way when suddenly my faction decides it makes sense to declare war the Western Empire as well just to ensure we lose everything we gained from Battania.

Further, I was already getting "War Weary" and was looking for an opportunity to call for peace because I wanted to spend some time consolidating and building up the new town I just won, go get my now released companions who had been captured, restart one of the caravans that was captured and just generally travel around the map for a bit to see if I could find some equipment upgrades and do a few tournaments but nope, instead I was greeted by 10 enemy lords coming over the hill deciding to raid my village and a full enemy army right behind to try to take my city because I hadn't had time to build up a garrison. Needless to say despite my Faction declaring war, they had no armies or lord in a position to defend out territory because they were all in armies or raiding Battanian lands so here I am scrambling like a manic trying to do something about an entire enemy faction, all by myself.

i really really really tried to be honorable - But all those wars also sickenss me and at some points i step in and.... Execute them all... Just to be executed myself aswell :eek:

Yes :smile: ive lost my first character and his brother - because i lost battles after executing a hell of a ton of nobles :eek:
You get to select a new king from your family/companions - The widows i use as governors or "trade" them into allie noble who needs a wife :smile: then i get some more to invite to my army

Yes :smile: ive lost my first character and his brother - because i lost battles after executing a hell of a ton of nobles :eek:
You get to select a new king from your family/companions - The widows i use as governors or "trade" them into allie noble who needs a wife :smile: then i get some more to invite to my army
It's funny though)) I usually avoid captivity or battles in which I will lose, so as not to lose the equipment and soldiers acquired with blood and sweat) And what if the player does not have companions or family, the game will be over? xd

It's funny though)) I usually avoid captivity or battles in which I will lose, so as not to lose the equipment and soldiers acquired with blood and sweat) And what if the player does not have companions or family, the game will be over? xd
You literally get dumped back to the main menu.

Yep I am doing the same for the most part. I don't mind being at war with a single faction but when my kingdom keeps forcing the vote for war after war after war, I just find a lord of the faction we are currently fighting and ask for peace then off to the next war for all of 10 mins before my Lords vote in another war so off I go finding a lord to ask for peace yet again, wash, rinse, repeat. Luckily because the wars come so fast, sometimes faster than we can get call up an army to go fight the previous war, the Enemy faction never requires a huge sum of money for peace so I can keep up the cycle. Occasionally, I manage to have the 500-700 influence to vote no against war and that helps. In those cases I might get 20 minutes of only a single war going on but I have also had them vote for war a minute after I had just voted down their previous request.

Honestly, I have decided to quit my playthrough because the constant demands for war makes the game feel unplayable to me. I mean I guess "unplayable" isn't true but after the dozenth cycle of doing this, I have stopped having anything resembling fun and this is the equalivant of a game breaking bug to me.

The best solution IMHO would be to implement limited war-aims like Crusader Kings. You go to war over a particular castle/city. When one of the belligerents gets enough war-points through battles/sieges/prisoners etc. the war is over but only the particular castle/city actually changes hands, the rest is returned (or if the defender wins they are protected by a treaty from being re-invaded for a given time). Honestly, it's the best anti-snowball solution as well. It slows down the expansion of a powerful faction because they can only expand in small bites each war.

Alas, it's probably way too late in development to fundamentally change the war system, but one can dream.

The best solution IMHO would be to implement limited war-aims like Crusader Kings. You go to war over a particular castle/city. When one of the belligerents gets enough war-points through battles/sieges/prisoners etc. the war is over but only the particular castle/city actually changes hands, the rest is returned (or if the defender wins they are protected by a treaty from being re-invaded for a given time). Honestly, it's the best anti-snowball solution as well. It slows down the expansion of a powerful faction because they can only expand in small bites each war.

Alas, it's probably way too late in development to fundamentally change the war system, but one can dream.
It doesn't even have to be that complex. Just have the AI ask itself simple Yes and No questions and depending on those questions it will go to war or not. I posted this in another thread but something like this.

1 - Is the enemy weaker than us or at war with multiple other faction? If No, no war.
2 - Are we already at war? If Yes, no war.
3 - Does the faction we are thinking about declaring war on have an territory bordering ours? If No, no war.

I mean you should be able to easily come up with a list of maybe a dozen questions tops that set the conditions for when a country declares war and when it doesn't and it is as simple as this. Further if you didn't want to deal in absolutes, you could just add in percentages, for example:

1 - Is the enemy weaker than us or at war with multiple other faction? If No there is only a 5% chance of declaring war.
2 - Are we already at war? If Yes, there is a 5% chance of declaring war.
3 - Does the faction we are thinking about declaring war on have an territory bordering ours? If No there is only a 0.1% chance of declaring war.

Basically just create a list and for each condition not met, the chance for declaring war on another faction goes down making it highly unlikely that your faction would ever willingly enter in two wars at once and/or fight a faction that isn't bordering its territory. The only exception to this would be if a faction was already in a war and another faction declared on them, then there might at times be situations where a faction was faced with two or even more rarely 3 wars. Then you just tune the percent chance of war until you get enough wars to be fun without going overboard.

im having almost the opposite problem im about a decade into the game now and no one will declare war even though there are kingdoms with barely a few thousand troops and other kingdoms with over 10k but no one makes a move

Back
Top Bottom