Endless War

Users who are viewing this thread

Endless war has made me quit playing. Once you get to the stage of owning Fiefs, it's just no fun. Current game as Vlandian vassal and every other kingdom is in a continuous war with us. Only the Southern Empire has stopped. Everyone is at war with everyone. You can't find food in nearly any town. Caravans deliver a paltry 4 to 6 wheat. I can barely leave my two fiefs (already lost two others) without some massive army changing course and b-lining straight for mine.

First time I haven't enjoyed this early access game.

Endless war has made me quit playing. Once you get to the stage of owning Fiefs, it's just no fun. Current game as Vlandian vassal and every other kingdom is in a continuous war with us. Only the Southern Empire has stopped. Everyone is at war with everyone. You can't find food in nearly any town. Caravans deliver a paltry 4 to 6 wheat. I can barely leave my two fiefs (already lost two others) without some massive army changing course and b-lining straight for mine.

First time I haven't enjoyed this early access game.

Exactly! They have got to fix this!

Yep, I have also stop playing until endless wars, AI does not defending settlements properly and snowballing get fixed. I hope we get a fix for these things soon.

Yep, I have also stop playing until endless wars, AI does not defending settlements properly and snowballing get fixed. I hope we get a fix for these things soon.
Me too. Its a shame because the game just forces you to stop. We can not even test things sometimes with so many war declarations going on...

Yep i agree. I am currently scrolling forums rather than playing the game because its just too relentless and this is even in 1.4.

I immediately went back from 1.4.1 after i saw the new mechanics, my vassals were just declaring war on everyone and i couldnt even control them. But even in 1.4 its constant war you have to reload the game all the time to avoid it.

In general i think they should just stop worrying about balancing and the battles etc for now. They are pretty good as it is. The problem is the diplomacy, quests, and things to do during peacetime in terms of relationship and fief management. This area could be so great with fleshing out and should be the top priority imo.

Guys please understand that the factions are at war all the time because there's 0 content outside of war in the game. That's why the wars are endless.
People have been complaining about this since release but it's never fixed and probably will never be because of this reason. There's nothing to do other than fighting, main quest is broken and godawful anyway, side quests are just filler material, npcs have no personality and are all the same, there's no real interaction with the game world outside of fighting endlessly.

100% and I've told this board this for weeks and they just wont get it.

This game is literally one or two hours of gameplay repeated over and over for 100 hours.

I'm close to uninstalling it because I need space. This game is broken and shallow and major issues still haven't been resolved and I doubt will be.

This is why I normally "download" games first and buy them layer once I know it's a quality product. And the Warband cheerleaders need to stop leaving 5 star reviews on steam because it's not, and it steering people to buy a broken, incomplete mess that doesnt appear to be going to fixed.

1.2 I was frustrated with endless wars and about gave up, 1.3 was great, 1.4.1 added features that I love, but the wars and voting system are worse than ever. Marry the 1.3 diplomacy with the 1.4.1 new features and I think this is a pretty good game, less buggy than many games I played years ago at full release.

There would still be the issue with defecting lords making no sense but that's been a problem in all the releases.

They are not really communicating much the last few days. Hopefully there is a big patch on Friday.. The forums have changed from a lot of praising of the game to a lot of demands and complaints. I feel like maybe they need to hire a bunch more staff to deal with the demand. given the sales the game has made.

1.4.1 patch notes were the most exciting patch notes of EA.

To play, it's been the worst part of EA for my enjoyment.

The wars are so numerous, and so long. If you are lucky enough to manage to peace one out, it just gets redeclared two days later.

This patch is bunk.

I finally cracked and installed Diplomacy Fixes mod and my god its like a new game.. Use vortex to install it and its pretty easy. You can literally just turn off the wars if you want by putting huge timers on peace. Its completely configurable and will immediately change your game :smile:

Not if you just want some time without constant war declarations its a breath of fresh air.. The game was just too stressful for me everytime you moved a war was declared.. Thats the great thing about mods though you dont have to install it im just letting people who may be interested know cause i am very happy with it after complaining for weeks

My kingdom was doing alright until I was constantly fighting both the S Empire and Khuzaits, both significantly more powerful than my kingdom. Due to the 'weaken the empire' quest, I couldn't make peace with the S Empire. And the khuzaits would only back off if I gave them around 500k gold, then they would declare war on me a few weeks later anyway.

I was caught in a repeating cycle of:

1) Give all my money and horses to Khuzaits to make peace
2) Make progress against the S Empire, re-capturing castles and generally beating them back out of my territory. Much easier to do when I'm only fighting them instead of the S empire and the super power Khuzaits
3) Khuzaits declare war on me and burn through my territory essentially on a blitzkrieg, they were sieging 3 of my cities at once at one point
4) S Empire uses the khuzaits attack to reclaim lost castles
5) Give all my money and horses to Khuzaits to make peace......

I did that 3 times then said enough, this is the ultimate example of wheel spinning. My question was why the khuzaits would never fight the S empire? They would ONLY attack me this entire time, despite having to cross through the entire S Empire territory just to do so. It made zero sense for them to always be declaring war on me with the S Empire on their doorstep. This endless cycle, with pretty much no variation was unbearable and I eventually quit due to it

I finally cracked and installed Diplomacy Fixes mod and my god its like a new game.. Use vortex to install it and its pretty easy. You can literally just turn off the wars if you want by putting huge timers on peace. Its completely configurable and will immediately change your game :smile:
What are some other settings that you (or anyone else familiar with this mod) would recommend? I like the configurable truce timer but the rest of the settings are somewhat confusing, especially the whole war exhaustion thing. What's the best way to keep it close to vanilla but simply enforce truce timers?

What are some other settings that you (or anyone else familiar with this mod) would recommend? I like the configurable truce timer but the rest of the settings are somewhat confusing, especially the whole war exhaustion thing. What's the best way to keep it close to vanilla but simply enforce truce timers?
I just got it so i initially used it to end all the wars as my army was in tatters. Now im just chilling roaming around training my troops and buying gear for my companions.. Once i can be bothered fighting again i will start to investigate all the settings. One observation so far though. If you put the peace timer (the amount of time before you can offer a peace treaty) to 0 then that seems to effect the AI too and they immediately end their wars. So i had to up that a bit. Currently at 16 days with war declarations at 56 days. The ability to send a messenger is amazing too... So if you want to pay in the normal way but just cant be bothered or are having difficulty tracking down an NPC you can just send a messenger which i have set to 3 days.

Just did this myself and yes it's a pretty good fix until they patch this war nightmare.

Wars on timers is an absolutely murderous bad solution.

That's true.

However the peace timers was added as a simple placeholder solution, waiting for the implementation of their actual solution. However they stupidly removed it weeks before their real solution was going to be deployed.

Back
Top Bottom