Endless War

Users who are viewing this thread

5d12660c0a.jpg

1.4.1 penalizes peace offers. This war has gone on for two years with three new wars popping up along the way but none of them have a higher than 20% support for peace. Are these war reparations a new feature or were they in the previous version?

its triggered by the conspiracy quest some of it....
i love the game but somehow its made for the ai and not the player they get all the control they will even make alliances to keep you busy while their big boys get 6000 new top tier troops(like 4 days).
im sure they will fix it someday then you might be able to choose from all 6 factions when your ready for war….

its triggered by the conspiracy quest some of it....
i love the game but somehow its made for the ai and not the player they get all the control they will even make alliances to keep you busy while their big boys get 6000 new top tier troops(like 4 days).
im sure they will fix it someday then you might be able to choose from all 6 factions when your ready for war….
No this is 1086, these are organically declared wars that in 1.4 would end after a bit but in 1.4.1 they just never end

I can confirm, everyone is at war ALL the time (no more peace).
Lords are voting all the time for wars, even if they're already at war with 3 others empires...

Yeah I think it's a bug in the latest 1.4.1 update. Hopefully they will patch it so can actually play the game without getting slammed by 4 different kingdoms armies at once

This is a bug for sure but after fixed they should create a new system of war. My opinion is all factions could decleare war with only their own neighbors and after taking fief(s) the war time must be over (for the faction that took few lands) and the faction that lost fief should re-take their former land(s) therefore the snowballing and constant wars will slow down.

Adding on here. My 1.4.1 playthrough in the Western Empire we have everyone but Sturgia and Aseria at war with us and have been for quite a while. Peace support is 7% for each war. I think the only thing saving me is that every other kingdom seems to be at war with every other kingdom as well so it's just one giant battle royal. Managed to get to clan tier four with a few fiefs but it's just a constant struggle to hold onto them, would be amazing to get a hotfix so this save is continuable.

Guys please understand that the factions are at war all the time because there's 0 content outside of war in the game. That's why the wars are endless.
People have been complaining about this since release but it's never fixed and probably will never be because of this reason. There's nothing to do other than fighting, main quest is broken and godawful anyway, side quests are just filler material, npcs have no personality and are all the same, there's no real interaction with the game world outside of fighting endlessly.
Think of every npc and unit in the game as zombies and yourself as the last person alive. You have to use your imagination as the game doesn't help you get immersed in any way.

- Everyone is at war.
- AI does not defend its settlements effectively anymore since 1.4.0.
- Snowballing is worse than ever in 1.4.1.
- Khuzaits are more OP than ever in 1.4.1. In my current playthrough, they have conquered 6 settlements in 100 days (3 towns).

I am going to wait until these things get fixed before continue playing. I find the current campaign balancing really disappointing.

- Everyone is at war.
- AI does not defend its settlements effectively anymore since 1.4.0.
- Snowballing is worse than ever in 1.4.1.
- Khuzaits are more OP than ever in 1.4.1. In my current playthrough, they have conquered 6 settlements in 100 days (3 towns).

I am going to wait until these things get fixed before continue playing. I find the current campaign balancing really disappointing.

Totally agree. The peace treaty cooldown was great and gave each playthrough more longevity and allowed functions to regain strength.
It also made everything look more logical. Right now wars are just like Ping Pong.
Yes Khuzait seems to be somehow stronger - in my playthrough they hold Amitalys and Rhotea...after 55 days..WHAT?
-Even though AI now seems to choose more wisely its targets - they do not seem to defend properly. I saw 3 times armies passing by besieged settlements (armies had a difference in manpower equal to 40-60 in favor of the attacker)

But again i think the whole problem seems to be that Ai does not prioritize peace but war. Specifically the game without peace treaty cooldowns suffers in 1.4 again from snowballing. Peace Treaty SHOULD return to the game!

Yeah right now even if you use the make peace option and your faction supports it enough and you make peace from what I have seen the faction you make peace with almost always just goes right back to war within like a day or less.

1.3.1 was pretty good in terms of war frequency. Even with no material content outside fighting, moments of peace to consolidate are good. I'm not playing 1.4.1 until the bloodthirstiness is wound back a notch.

In the long term, there needs to be some kind of justifications and specific objectives for wars. We don't need a casus belli system as restrictive as CK2 when half the game was finding an excuse to actually go to war - but without structure, the snowballing that people constantly complain about is the only natural ultimate outcome of wars.

AI lords aren't voting for peace because they want more stuff, and they need wars to get stuff. They have no sense of self preservation, it's get stuff or die! Other motivations and/or restrictions are needed to create interesting dynamics of play.

NPC's need varied goals - as it is now, everyone just wants to rule the World thats why the overall game is so "boring". Now imagine every Leader having more realistic goals than global domination -such as Building unusual world wonders, establishing some cultural or religious ideal, grabbing some regional resource that gives an unusual perk, beating some intra-faction rival at something. Or say you have a Faction leader who does indeed want Global dominion but his faction rival is more of a dove -giving intrigue in getting rid of that faction leader. These kinda mechanics have been around forever in strategy games -cough paradox -strange TW dont have a small team committed to creating this sort of intrigue. Ive never played any of the CK2 -type games but it sounds like CK-lite would do the trick nicely

All clans of factions at war should lose like 10 influence per day or something so that endless 1200 recruit armies aren't possible after a while at war. After 100 days it would be tough for even faction leaders to create large armies. Maybe a policy that gives a bonus of +2 influence per day to all clans of factions at peace to build a reserve in preparation for war.

Agree with the constant war issue in 1.41

I am with Vlandia and we have 4 wars we are fighting right now. The AI Vlandian Lords finally proposed peace with the Western Empire, thank god, but it lasted exactly 3 days before they declared war on us again! I mean c'mon, 3 days!!! What happened to 30 days between wars??

This is NOT part of the main quest as I am just a vassal and have not given the banner to anyone. I am planning to create my own kingdom eventually but with this constant warring on 3-4 fronts it is impossible to make any headway. No mods, just vanilla.

We need some Peace Man!! ☮?

Back
Top Bottom