Endless Legend

Users who are viewing this thread

Dryvus

Sufficiently Suffonsified
Archduke
Couldn't find an existing thread.
I really, really, really like this game. But I don't know much about it yet.
When my Tenei Walkers attack Broken Lord Stalwarts, are they doing 0 damage because the Stalwart's defense is high enough? I haven't figured out why attack percentages are what they are yet.

Dryvus said:
Couldn't find an existing thread.
I really, really, really like this game. But I don't know much about it yet.
When my Tenei Walkers attack Broken Lord Stalwarts, are they doing 0 damage because the Stalwart's defense is high enough? I haven't figured out why attack percentages are what they are yet.
I don't know the exact calculations, but I know what the icons mean. If you attack someone and see a sword icon, they failed to block and you dealt normal damage. If the sword icon has an asterisk then it was a critical hit and you deal bonus damage. If you attack and see a shield icon then they succeeded at blocking at least some of the damage, so you deal reduced damage. If the shield icon has an asterisk then it's a critical success and they blocked all of the damage. Increasing your Attack rating will allow you to overcome high Defense ratings and increase your chance of a critical hit.

I noticed the AI loves building high health, high defense units that don't deal very much damage but take a long time to beat down. Units with AoE attacks (several of the minor faction units like Haunts and the flying demon guys with axes have them) might be good choices against them so you can damage several at once instead of focusing down one at a time. Flying units in general are good against Broken Lords and Drakken because they lack archer units to counter them. The mages don't get actual archer units either, though their ranged unit is arguably the best in the game in terms of damage output.

Hmmm.

kingdoms-screenshot-02.jpg

So is giant's causeway strategy a genre now?

Sir Prince said:
Hex based strategy games have been around since 1994+, at least.
Easily the 80's for video games.  Hell hex based boards for strategy in general has to be like 40 or 50 years.

Orion said:
I noticed the AI loves building high health, high defense units that don't deal very much damage but take a long time to beat down. Units with AoE attacks (several of the minor faction units like Haunts and the flying demon guys with axes have them) might be good choices against them so you can damage several at once instead of focusing down one at a time. Flying units in general are good against Broken Lords and Drakken because they lack archer units to counter them. The mages don't get actual archer units either, though their ranged unit is arguably the best in the game in terms of damage output.
Utterly skewed perspective because I played on Easy, but having my Vaulter Marines do 380 damage with an attack value of 500+ was a one-hit-kill on practically anything but those flying axe demon ****ers even so late as twenty turns before the time ran out (in a 600 turn game).

Absolutely love this game. It's like a Numenera RTS game and I've wanteda a good Numenera PC game for a long time. The Endless universe is apretty great setting too.

Wellenbrecher said:
Utterly skewed perspective because I played on Easy, but having my Vaulter Marines do 380 damage with an attack value of 500+ was a one-hit-kill on practically anything but those flying axe demon ****ers even so late as twenty turns before the time ran out (in a 600 turn game).
Well sure, but imagine if they also dealt 50% damage to all adjacent tiles with each attack. That's what the mage ranged unit does, but it's a lot squishier than Marines by far.

Sure would've been sweet, but they really didn't need to :lol:
Insane initiative coupled with the aforementioned high attack/damage values meant they had the first action against EVERYTHING (even compared to my level 31 main combat hero, who was a good part of the reason they had such high initiative ratings, admittedly) and given that they killed (almost) everything first hit, at one point I took out four full stacks with only eight of them in less than one full combat six turns thing.

When I started blindly conquering everything to finally end the bloody game without having to suffer through forty or fifty turns of winter and just declared war on everyone I think I only ever lost three of them.

But I guess that's all mostly down to "Easy" difficulty. The AI was never even close to able to keep up with my research even though it was the first game I had ever started after doing the tutorial. And first to highest tier weapons/artefacts wins, no matter what.

Wellenbrecher said:
And first to highest tier weapons/artefacts wins, no matter what.
Kevlar and I played a game once where he discovered techs for tier 3 hyperium/mithrite weapons and armor (they're tier 6 techs, FYI) and I still beat him. It's called an economic victory, and my custom Broken Lords faction is damn good at it. I've managed to make over 1k dust per turn by turn 80 with just two cities.

I play on Serious difficulty. After that it seems like AI handicaps kick in to high gear. Maybe with the recent AI improvements it will be more challenging on lower difficulties so I'll feel more inclined to play some more, but Impossible and Endless difficulties are just silly with the AI marching several armies into your lands by turn 25 and Serious is never a real challenge for me.

Back
Top Bottom