SP - World Map Encounters and Dialogue screens

Users who are viewing this thread

Let me be clear: Dialogue screens, especially for looters and bandits, are totally useless. The only options you have is to say "Surrender or Die" or "'I'l leave you alone".

The problem is, it adds more loading screens for no good reason, except maybe laugh at those ugly looter faces. The game already has enough.

Why not open the Encounter option menu at the left of the campaign map as soon as the player encounters a looter/bandit group? From there you could :
1. Converse
2. Attack
3. Leave

By the way, there is already a mod doing exactly that. It's quite effective and popular.

Devs! There is no need for more loading screens, the game is already quite time consuming (because it's awesome

+1

The load to just see the character models just to initiate combat seems completely unnecessary.
I generally skip through it before the textures have even loaded.

Yes, no need in forced scenes. I think there should be a campaign map level menu with several options:
1. Talk.
2. Fight.
3. Leave/retreat.

"To talk" is still an option, because it can be used for advanced interaction (pay off the brigands, ask them to surrender etc).

Yes, no need in forced scenes. I think there should be a campaign map level menu with several options:
1. Talk.
2. Fight.
3. Leave/retreat.

"To talk" is still an option, because it can be used for advanced interaction (pay off the brigands, ask them to surrender etc).
Exactly!
And it 's also about optimization, as Moresalad said, it can take quite some time to load textuers depending on your hardware.

Back
Top Bottom