Suggestion Cloth Editor Enabling cloth physics on a mesh causes the normals to flip, even on areas painted black

Users who are viewing this thread

Enabling cloth physics on a mesh causes the normals to flip, even on areas painted black.

We only know of two ways to get around this:

1. Give an armor multiple materials, apply cloth physics to just one material. This increases the performance hit, and is additional work.
2. Reduce normal depth, but this reduces the fidelity of the normals.

Is this a bug with the modding tools?
Is there any solution for this?

Please find this as an example:

Would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding this. I'm extremely hesitant to make armors have multiple materials if not required, and especially if this is a fixable issue.
If this is not a fixable issue, I would also deeply appreciate hearing this so plans can be made accordingly.

Certainly applying cloth physics in a minimally satisfactory way only brings headaches. Have you tried applying a simulation mesh?
Certainly. Me and Kilo use both methods. refer to his post above and read it again for what he is suggesting. There is one method that works without messing with the normals. But then you have two meshes using the same material. the question is if this is ideal for performance and the correct method ? or is there is a proper way approved by the devs.

Certainly. Me and Kilo use both methods. refer to his post above and read it again for what he is suggesting. There is one method that works without messing with the normals. But then you have two meshes using the same material. the question is if this is ideal for performance and the correct method ? or is there is a proper way approved by the devs.
Oh, I misunderstood then; my apologies.

Back
Top Bottom