Need More Info Enabled Cheat Mode, Load Game Crashes 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all, I didn't see this bug posted elsewhere (from what I could [not] find via Search) so forgive me if it's already out there:

I played for 40+ hours and got curious last night (around 9 PM EST) to see if I could speed up the grind by enabling cheat mode. I found out how on a few gaming websites, and the known cheats people have discovered using it. So I enabled cheat mode in my config files (after backing up the originals) and ever since that moment my game is unplayable. Immediately after the first few repeated game crashes I copy-pasted my backed-up config files into the game again to try and revert them to the original—but the damage is done and nothing has changed. I confirmed cheat mode is off but the game continues to crash every time I try to load a save.

Each time I try I have noticed I get the same exact load screen artwork before the game crashing trying to load my save. It's a soldier riding on a pale horse, which seems awfully ironic that this bug has killed my game. ? Perhaps the bug is linked somehow to the load screen artwork, because I thought the rest of the game used random art, but noticed this one has been repeating half a dozen attempts in a row. Maybe load screen artwork is linked to the location of the character in the saved game and that's all I'm noticing. But I digress.

Anyone else enable cheat mode and find the game unplayable?

EDIT: After repeatedly crashing over and over on the Load Game screen, I did manage to get through once! After trying a dozen times, over a handful of different saves: my 4th save (an hour of Campaign time lost) loaded! I'd be happy with that, only -1 hour rather than -43. So I immediately made a new "Uncorrupted" save of that game, adjusted my settings back that had changed from Safe Mode at some point, saved over it again, then Exited to Menu and Exited Game.

I hoped that would realign my game's chakras and allow me to continue forward, but loading up the game again and loading that new "Uncorrupted" save failed again! What a tempting bug this one is. It seems like I have a ~15% success rate in loading my save files if I just keep banging my head against them and booting up the game over and over.

EDIT 2: So my 4th save file seems to have the highest success rate, I was able to load it again without issue after failing to load the other three save files multiple times each. If I want to, I can continue forward in the game about an hour behind where I left off but it's strange that my first 3 save files (two of my saves and the auto save) seem to be bugged, but not my 4th save file. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Hi uçanbiblo, no I have not, becase I haven't tried the cheats again since receiving no response to this. Just leaving it alone. I would imagine with all of the patches and hotfixes since then, it's a completely different game now and an out-of-date crash report. Should I delete it?

Back
Top Bottom