Enable/Disable death in battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Could you please add an option to turn on/off deaths in battle? Nobles do not run away from battle or they don't even stay away from the fighting. They only die whenever the player is also in the battle anyway. I also feel like 'the death ratio' is rather high, I kinda wiped out half of the Sturgians after I joined the Vlandians. Unlike most of the players, I dislike having a lot of dead nobles, it doesn't matter if they are an ally or a foe.

In one siege, half of the nobles that were in my army died in the first minutes of the assault. I had 1,5k soldiers in the beginning, but after the siege (we were the attackers), I was left with 600 soldiers, 4 parties left my army since their commanding nobles died, and I also lost 500 soldiers while taking the town. (300 dead, 200 wounded)

while creating my last game, i choose "no death" option, but i add the surprise to see my companions (and lords) dying during battle... When you loose the only engineer of the game, it's a shame.

Life cycle (birth and death of old age) and death in battle should be two separate options. The latter should only be offered if the former is enabled. I don't think births without deaths (of old age at least) should be offered by TaleWorlds in the unmodded game, however.

Today I played after a hiatus of several months. First battle: my smith dies ... WTF?

I didn't even know that this is a thing now. Dead of old age I knew from some NPC lords, that's okay, there are births, too. But suddenly introducing death in battle, despite the fact that I disabled companion death, is absolute BS. I stopped playing and will wait until this is fixed.

Also: the companion had quite expensive armour and weapons ... are all gone. That’s not very realistic. He would have gotten a nice funeral and somebody in my clan would have inherited the stuff.

So, I second the suggestion to make death in battle a game rule that can be toggled on/off. And if it's on, the probabilities must be tweaked, too, from all what I read so far.

Back
Top Bottom