Emotions In Motion v.IV

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that clip has never been more accurate of the US presidential election than today.  :lol:

I'm not one for safe spaces, but having mandatory sessions about sexual consent is really important, good and something men as a group need. Of course it would be great if guys were taught this at a very young age but it really doesn't hurt to casually inform men that no means no and being unable to respond does not mean yes.

As with many other things it's more about how you say it. Some stranger from a minority group declaring I'm a sexist pig and more or less branding me as a sex offender from the get-go is leagues more likely to actually make me into one than not saying anything at all.

crodio said:
it sounds like something that should be taught at high school. if I had to put up with that right now I would probably just kill myself.
Yeah, along with putting condoms on bananas. I mean, it's not a difficult concept to understand that sex should be consensual.

I also had to do a consenty thingy before I went over to yankistan. Aced the first ever exam I got from OU.  :party:

Kinda weird though. I feel like a) that **** is pretty obvious and b) that **** should be up to cops & courts to deal with, surely? Although some of it was genuinely informative like help with insurance and health services.

Untitled. said:
I'm in a mandatory 3-hour session about sexual consent, gender etc etc and I don't think I've ever been as triggered as when the institution declares I'm part of the oppressive problem and should be ashamed. How dare they assume my race.

https://youtu.be/TM2RUVnTlvs?t=73

Also claims to be a victim when people call her a whore and slut when she calls herself a whore and slut.

So members of a certain group statistically are more prone to committing a certain crime. All members of that group, regardless of their background and previous record, are to sit through a mandatory series of lectures where they are explained how their particular group is a part of a problem and what they should do to avoid also committing said crime.
I am actually dumbfounded how SJW people don't see this strategy as "problematic" and highly offensive. I am sure if it was a different group and a different crime, there would be an outcry. Is this double standard born out of stupidity or malice?

Both, plain and simple. I'm lucky I never fell for the feminazi rhetoric like my peers, but a lot of my friends are now almost unbearable to talk to because everything is "sexist," "misogynist," or "problematic." They have zero perspective and generally lack self-awareness.

The thing with SJWs are that like ideologically motivated groups of people, they eventually get lost in their own ideological rhetoric.

Fortunately, like all ideologically motivated groups of people, all you really need to do to get them to stop talking is to start talking about actual research and statistics.

It's like communists, they talk all this mad **** about Marx and inequality, but if you have some decent knowledge of the literature/current research on inequality you can easily stump them in all of two minutes.

I mean ****, some of my work is on threat perception, which inevitably relates at least partially to race/coalition, however, if people start going all SJW on me when they ask what I do, I just start randomly going through my 20 page literature review, then they stop talking because they haven't considered the matter beyond "I know everything about this topic because me and my friends talk about it or based on my subjective experience I know that..."

Back
Top Bottom