Embarrassment of Riches at the Smithy

Users who are viewing this thread

I suckered you into reading this.

Actually, it's an embarrassment of useless diddling at the smithy. So I got the perk Curious Smelter for a companion - but curious is what describes his behavior. Why? Because no matter what he smelts, he discovers "new & interesting" grips for one-handed swords. How can he keep up this behavior? Because there are LITERALLY 137 GRIPS FOR 1-HANDED SWORDS. (I counted.)

Does that strike anyone (at TW) as excessive? Apparently not.

Has it struck anyone over there that, aside from blades, there is very little combat effect to be had from the other components of a sword, and that in general, the ones improving the damage (hence, sale price) are practically all low-tier, cheap-ingredient ones? My character's smithing is at 181 but I still find it better to use that fat 'ol hardwood pommel if I'm trying to maximize damage, rather than some Tier V gewgaw that costs Fine Steel. So I'm crafting 2-handed swords at 105 difficulty because they have high value (32K - 55K). I haven't "learned" how to fashion Thomascene anything yet, which is my only hope of upping damage output.

Meanwhile, I only learned how to make a javelin shaft when I hit smithing 180. Does that me seem stupid? I am also too inexperienced to make a pike (translation: yet a longer polearm, but I CAN make polearms) or a throwing knife... as if I'd want to.

Count this as one more plea to TW to: (A) figure out why you want our heroes to be smiths, too, (B) listen to what your EA players are saying about smithing, and (C) assign somebody who is not in the art department to work on fixing it.

Smithing is something Armagan himself rushed for the EA and now no one dares touch it. The only way to do something about it is to apply for a job at Taleworlds and fix it secretly once you have access to the source code there. Good luck in Turkey and don't get caught fixing Bannerlord!

Tell me about it. I labored my way to mastery just to craft the perfect glaive, but nope. Can't learn the parts I want.

I understand that the RNG is very basic because it's rushed. I just hope in the future it will make more sense. Like if you craft/smelt a spear, you will only learn spear parts. That way you can specialize into being an axe smith or whatever, and grind accordingly for the parts you want.

Smithing is something Armagan himself rushed for the EA and now no one dares touch it. The only way to do something about it is to apply for a job at Taleworlds and fix it secretly once you have access to the source code there. Good luck in Turkey and don't get caught fixing Bannerlord!
Was it literally Armagan?

In all fairness to the javelin debacle you faced, it's shaft is made out of wood so you would want a carpentry tree for that. A Smith would be a bit out of depth with non metals. On topic though, I'd like to unlock the parts by just buying them with Denars, gives me something to do with my millions aside from buying clans.

There's a strong rumor that yes, it was him. Obviously he wanted the EA release to do well with extra features.
Wasn´t it even confirmed by a dev?That Armagan has worked like 48 hours each day to get this feature in before the EA release?

By the way, I even believe the "story", they said in their EA description that features like smithing will not be in the game at the start. But maybe it was just a typo and they meant "siege AI", who knows.

It irks me that I can smelt weapons to get a pile of hardwood that weighs ten times as much as the wood inside the weapon. Why do they let Looters just roam free? Retrain all the lumberjacks into manhunters, collect Looter weapons. You'll never have to chop a single tree ever again.

Trouble is, this is just one point of many things on my list of things that are wrong with smithing and how I would fix them (I could totally fix them no problem, and the fact I'm actually convinced that is true is worrying), and everyone has such a list, but no two people have the same list. Who has the creative vision, or who has creative control and the ability to hand it over to someone with that vision?

OK, is this Armagan a TW guy?
I'm usually reading and posting in the "bugs" section, and don't often read this "if wishes were fishes" section.

I usually just cheat my skill to 300 and use a mod that unlocks all the designs. Can then create what I want normally by finding or buying materials or use the cheat mode inventory to get stacks of 10 of each.

Back
Top Bottom