In Progress Elite menavliatons and legionaries are unable to throw pilum anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Empire infantry elite troops don't use throwing weapons anymore while kuzhait still can. This is a big balance issue making empire factions weaker especially against ranged troops. And when fighting them I don't fear anymore being instant-killed by a pilum.

In another thread a developer responded that this is troop design choice but I still think this is a bug. The issue is not that these troops have a pilum but that they are unable or unwilling to throw it. Legionaries use pilum only as a spear and elite menavliatons don't use it at all.
They used to throw pilum before and maybe it changed since the spear brace patch?
Very easy to reproduce with custom battles.

I can confirm this is an ongoing issues from at least 1.6.1, you guys should just give all the units that use pilum low land javelins until this gets resolved as it is a huge disadvantage for Empire troops and is causing them to get their pee pee smacked.

AFAIK this stems from the change that troops with throwing weapons will try to keep the last throwing weapon as a back up for melee fights. As the pilum is a single javelin the troops will keep the pilum instead of throwing the last throwing weapon from their stack.

It seems like they do throw every last projectile, but not the pilum. I have tested it. You can see it in this screenshot of a unit with an empty throwing projectile holster:

I also tried to equip the pilum myself and use the alternate mode for throwing (X), but it wasn't there.

However, on the inventory screen it does say it has a throw mode, but you can't activate it somehow.

So it does seem to be a bug.

It seems like they do throw every last projectile, but not the pilum. I have tested it. You can see it in this screenshot of a unit with an empty throwing projectile holster:

I also tried to equip the pilum myself and use the alternate mode for throwing (X), but it wasn't there.

However, on the inventory screen it does say it has a throw mode, but you can't activate it somehow.

So it does seem to be a bug.

My bad, thanks for testing it.

I resolved it!
Troops still do not throw it in 1.0.0, the problem is on the Pilum head from crafting pieces in native folder.

<CraftingPiece id="spear_blade_38"
name="{=nr3K4od2}Pilum Head"....
bla bla bla
.....</BladeData>
<Flags>
<Flag name="BonusAgainstShield" />
<Flag name="NotStackable"
type="ItemFlags" />
<--- here is the PROBLEM

</Flags>
<Materials>
<Material id="Iron3"
count="1" />
</Materials>
</CraftingPiece>

Just remove the red part and it comes back to throw.

Now Legionaries could back to kick the butt to all the other infrantry troops :grin:
Enjoy :smile:

Back
Top Bottom