Eliminate a faction - Forever

Users who are viewing this thread

I always thought that the best option would be to allow factions to die, and new ones to rise.

So here's my main thoughts on it:
  1. First we have the 'King in Exile' kind of deal, so for example, your character's faction (or any other faction) conquers Vlandia and defeats them utterly, the clans of Vlandia defect to different kingdoms once they have no fiefs and they can't be paid, some of them probably even join your kingdom, the royal clan attempts to raid etc until they run out of money (which no longer gets topped up as they have no fiefs to tax) and then they become a claimant that goes around the land's taverns looking for heroes to take up their cause (just like the claimants in Warband) You can then do a quest to resurrect that faction if you like.
  2. Secondly, we have the Rebel faction to sovereign nation option, so in this circumstance lets say Lageta rebels because it's been neglected, Barrus the leader of the rebellion stays in control of the town thanks to the empire being at war with too many people for them to take it back. Barrus declares himself duly elected king of Lageta and founds the Kingdom of Lageta (or like have a different name for kingdoms that get started in each town or types for each culture). The New kingdom of Lageta now can hire mercs, recruit clans and act exactly like the other factions even the player could join them! This would work even better with the idea I have had for a long time where you can INTENTIONALLY cause a rebellion in a town.
  3. Civil war and wars of succession, genuinely unsure of why this isn't a thing already. When a faction leader dies, currently blindly agrees and everything carries on as usual, but what if there are two options for the next king? what if your player character dies and some lords want your brother to be king instead of your eldest son, would be pretty sick. Invert the colours of the faction for the rebels, have them fight each other to decide, would be wicked if this was your faction as well as npc factions.
So yeah

Courtesy of an idea from @LyonExodus on his stream.

To eliminate a faction when they are small, do a prison break and fail. The other Lord will die and you don't get a relation hit.

Yes, but I think this is a exploit and TaleWorlds should fix it.
It is an exploit, and it is sort of limited. I tried to do this, but the faction was a prisoner in one of my Kingdom's towns. Starting a prison break was not an option.

So, it is limited as to when/how you can do it.

Anyone tried to eliminate a Clan via Marriage?

My children are now of age and if I marry them to non-rulers the will join my Clan, right?

So I can start stealing the males in the Clan, and when the females of their Clan marry they leave the clan as well?

EDIT: So, I married my daughter to the son of the Vlandian King and she joined his Clan. Evidently my idea was not a good one.

Last edited:

My children are now of age and if I marry them to non-rulers the will join my Clan, right?

So I can start stealing the males in the Clan, and when the females of their Clan marry they leave the clan as well?
Clan leaders don't marry off to other clans regardless of gender.

EDIT: So, I married my daughter to the son of the Vlandian King and she joined his Clan. Evidently my idea was not a good one.
well I think if you are the female, you marry the son of other clan, then he will join you
but if your female marry someone, she will join other clan

You get the prisoner killed, either by killing him with throwing weapons or letting the guards hack him apart.

You then still have to escape.
what's your experience when enabling birth and death in game??

after a few generations 1000+ days in game, the high death rates will make most clans gone, I supposed???

what's your experience when enabling birth and death in game??

after a few generations 1000+ days in game, the high death rates will make most clans gone, I supposed???

I'm 50, so I'm 30 years into the game.

I think I've seen the notification that two clans have died out. That pic is the only Vlandian Clan and they will be around for probably another 100 years minimum.

The reality is I doubt they will ever die out.

Back
Top Bottom