LSP 3D Art Elephant

Users who are viewing this thread

So anyways, this was made a while ago for Age of Exploration and the link was just sitting somewhere in the 3D thread. If someone wanted to use the elephant(and it seems like several mods do), it would be unlikely for them to find it. And that is why this thread is here. I made the model and I was lucky enough to have Barabas and Deras come along and finish it up for me with a texture and rigging. It should be mentioned that it doesn't have proper collision.

Demonstration Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTbWleX-0Cc&feature=youtu.be
Elephant.png

Use it only for M&B related projects and be sure to credit the following;
Model: Rigadoon
Texture: Barabas
Rigging: Deras

http://www.mediafire.com/?ahuvgj1d6d983by

The elephant looks awesome! But it's indeed a tad big. Also it has quite a lot of faces (7900, while an average horse has between 1500 and 1800). It might be usefull to reduce that a bit, and maybe make some lods for it while you're at it.

monnikje said:
The elephant looks awesome! But it's indeed a tad big. Also it has quite a lot of faces (7900, while an average horse has between 1500 and 1800). It might be usefull to reduce that a bit, and maybe make some lods for it while you're at it.
Thanks, if the elephant is too big for the species you want, just scale it down. On the faces, I think it would be alright because there wouldn't be a large number of them anyways. It's not like you'd see a Khergit army with elephants instead of horses. I'd love to add lods but I really have no clue how to do so. I heard there was a lod tool in OpenBRF, am I correct?

Rigadoon,:I hope you don't mind,i've tried to get someone to rig the elephant for me,and if they do i am going to tell them to post the download link on this topic for you to use.Thank you!

sir_arvondor said:
Rigadoon,:I hope you don't mind,i've tried to get someone to rig the elephant for me,and if they do i am going to tell them to post the download link on this topic for you to use.Thank you!

That would be awesome, much appreciated!

Rigadoon said:
sir_arvondor said:

That would be awesome, much appreciated!
Thank you! I'm hoping if someone can rig this i can have Sarranid War Elephant Riders in my mod. :grin:

Cozur said:
Gambino said:
what if i try using it without rigging ?

I'm guessing the real question is: Do you know what rigging is?

i *think* its to make him so that when u use him ingame he moves his legs and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom