Elephant DLC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe they didn't feel like dealing with any more of his tiresome hysterics. I know that some gamers feel like they're entitled to hang out on the forums and spew toxic negativity until the board is such a cesspool that normal players want nothing to do with it, but I don't see why that should be the case.

Ridiculous. I don't know why you feel entitled to post such nonsense.

This. I don't know how anybody could be hyped for elephant DLC while the game is in the state it is. Even if the work going in that DLC doesn't conflict with the work on the base game as callum said, this is still a really bad look.
I personally use my powers of imagination to predict that they are going to fix most of the issues by release. Or patch things afterwards, a release is just a date.
The game will still feel bare bones, but that's not going to change if you feel that way.
If Taleworlds want to add optional content, I see no reason to tell them they shouldn't do this because their base game is not good enough, as long as the DLC content does not add Warband-like features expected by disappointed fans in the base game.

There are reasons why Taleworlds should be criticized but an Elephants DLC is not one of them.

I think it will be a payed for dlc due to the fact its a dlc while being in EA why not just add it to the base game instead of it being DLC

I think it will be a payed for dlc due to the fact its a dlc while being in EA why not just add it to the base game instead of it being DLC
They are probably doing it for more money. They have yet to stop development and they will need some sort of income to continue working on the game.

I personally use my powers of imagination to predict that they are going to fix most of the issues by release. Or patch things afterwards, a release is just a date.
Unusually optimistic for MadVader.
The game will still feel bare bones, but that's not going to change if you feel that way.
If Taleworlds want to add optional content, I see no reason to tell them they shouldn't do this because their base game is not good enough, as long as the DLC content does not add Warband-like features expected by disappointed fans in the base game.

There are reasons why Taleworlds should be criticized but an Elephants DLC is not one of them.
Still overall not as cynical as one is used to.

I really wish I could find an actual good youtuber who could carry over the torch of making "X Discussion Thread in a Nutshell videos" after what this guy did 7 years ago. I would pay money to see someone read this thread in a dumb voice pronouncing things like DLC as "d'luc".

Slightly more on topic, can appreciate the response from Callum. Let's see where this goes, yes?

Unusually optimistic for MadVader.

Still overall not as cynical as one is used to.
I just try to be realistic and evaluate stuff from a longer perspective. Some of the criticism leveled at Taleworlds is unfair and dumping on them for imagined wrongs diverts attention from the legitimate issues.

I agree. But I personally won't invest money in DLC's for a game that didn't even try to hold its promises.

Thats why I said its a bad look. Intentionally underdelivering on a game, not willing to fix this and then expecting the costumers to pay for additional stuff. It just shows that TW doesn't even care.

Even if the game was in a proper state. By that I mean wothout major issues and the features of WB in place and working. Even then I would see DLC like that problematic.

Callum stated that stuff from their DLC wouldn't be allowed to be used in mods (obviously). But what is if a modder decides that he isn't going to pay 20€ for elephant DLC when he can make them better than TW himself? Better models, better animations, better mechanics . What would TW do then I ask myself. Maybe they don't need to do anything because they already did and thats why access to a lot of the code is so difficult for modders.

I dont know if he really meant that. You can play A World of Ice and Fire (Warband mod) without owning VC, despite it uses the same engine. It would be weird to change the rule just for Bannerlord.
They were able to do that due to the license released together with VC found here. That doesn't mean that it applies to all the other Warband DLC's and other content.

I dont know if he really meant that. You can play A World of Ice and Fire (Warband mod) without owning VC, despite it uses the same engine. It would be weird to change the rule just for Bannerlord.
Thats not what I meant. I mean a mod cannot use content of a DLC alowing a player not owning that DLC to use that content. (Everything else would be stupid)

The thing is wether mods will be alowed which produce content similar to DLCs without using them. Thats my problem.

Taleworlds has so thirsty the community with its hotfix updates with some armor and quests as interest, that there are bound to be people out there to buy such a shameful DLC.

the worst being what will say thank you
Sticker risitas gros sac espagnol rire gros plan

"as long as the DLC content does not add Warband-like features expected by disappointed fans in the base game." If they so much as think about doing this, I swear to god...

I feel things like this are a big reason as to why people are against such a theoretical DLC :
ltuA9sc.png

People held Taleworlds in very high regard when it came to things like this because base Warband was feature rich already (unlike a certain other game) and its DLC was two worthwhile expansons, VC and NW, similar to Witcher 3's 2 expansions

This is why its worrying, not to mention we're being left in the dark about a lot of things

Legacy Elephant DLC
-2x bigger than normal elephant's size
-Owner of DLC can drive it(only owner).
- %50 more hp than normal, but also %25 slower.
-There can be 3 more players at cabin(top).
-Elephant has kick, jump, antler(?) attack functionalies too.
-you can buy custom skins, varoius colors at Butter Store in-game menu for this elephant.

DLC price(as a better functinalities than normal elephant DLC) : 10$
[without discount]

Wouldy u buy this legacy Elephant dlc? Better but more expensive..
Stop it! Everywhere in the forum, you're writing about any kind of DLC, price and how much you're willing to pay for it. I thought you're naive however you're beyond that. They can't even deliver the main game and you keep trying to pay more to TW. WTF mate? Just do the math. They've no problem with money. But we've got a problem with the content, the future of the game and the way TW treating its own community. They can't even talk about how is the end game gonna be like? What kind of features will it have?
What are you guys talking about? Players bought the game at full price. Also, the game is still in EA -which has been used for every single critic -. So, why are you trying to pay more to the company which couldn't hand your full product to you?

If you think TW having financial problems and that's the reason I can't deliver a good product, I do not agree with that. The problem is not about the financial status of the company. It shouldn't be. Foreign people couldn't understand how much TW earns from the game.

Let me explain it. Let's do simple math.

Step 1 - Let's say TW sold 2M copy. I guess they sold more than this but let's assume.
Step 2 - And again let's say TW makes a profit of $10 from each copy. That makes $20M.
Step 3 - One US dollar is approx. 8.37 Turkish Liras today. Let's say it's 8TL so, that makes 160M Turkish Liras.
Step 4 - The minimum wage in Turkey is approx. 3.000TL. Of course, this is the minimum wage and most of the TW employees could earn more than it but just focus on the main calculation. And minimum wage is $1.250 in the USA. As the mighty Google says.
Step 5 - Under these circumstances -which are lowered already- with the money TW earn from Bannerlord you can hire 16.000 people with minimum wage in the USA. However, you can hire 53.333 people in Turkey. It's more than 3 times. I guess you might understand what I meant...

Also, TW may benefit from some laws in financial matters such as tax deductions in Turkey. This is governments support for the companies which are working in some business areas. I'm just guessing it and my reason is the location of TW HQ. On the campus, TW HQ is in, the companies can use the benefits I mentioned before.

From my pov their priority shouldn't be the DLC, they should focus on finishing the game and completing the EA process. As a company, they can focus on the next money source. It's understandable but it doesn't mean I agree with it. And at these circumstances, I'm not going to pay even a 1TL to them until to see what is the end product is going to be.

And there is a difference between EA Games and CD Red Project right? One is milking their player and the other one listens to their players. So, I'm really wondering which road will TW take from now on.

Back
Top Bottom