Elephant DLC?

Users who are viewing this thread

45$ is a drop in the ocean concerning hobbies.

Anyone whom is registeted to an internet forum about one specific game is already part of the tiniest percentage of the biggest fans. you on the other hand have spent quite an unhealthy amount more time on the subject so why bother lying to yourself?
45$ is more than an average monthly salary in Cuba, don't be mean to Esteban.

1911.jpg

I’d buy this DLC though.

EDIT: A LOTR mod...

image.png

you can get the elephant with " campaign.give_item_to_main_party elephant " command in the console but when you equip it crashes the game.
since modding tools are not working with 1.6 rn i changed manually scene.xscene file ( for the empire_village_003 ) and changed cows to elephants. that does not crashes the game but elephants are not getting loaded in the map itself.
But if you wanted to ride it, you can change the mesh of camel to elephant_mesh and change the bones and animations etc by hand and use it.
But probably by tomorrow lots of mods will pop up about this. I am done with it for today good night to all.

I think main problem in TW is how to have full modding freedom and also make momey from DLC. Because let us be honest. DLC are just payable mods.
And modders could just copy content from DLC so people will not buy them.

I think main problem in TW is how to have full modding freedom and also make momey from DLC. Because let us be honest. DLC are just payable mods.
And modders could just copy content from DLC so people will not buy them.
Because TW is a company with an insane budget compared to 10 fans with little programming knowledge working on a overhaul mod for 5 years.
Realistically modders shouldn't be able to create something better then TW (DLC).

It's just that TW is incapable of being productive and 10 modders with enough time on their hands can probably outdo their work.

Two thoughts...

1. DLC should not occur while the game is in Early Access. It's unlikely that it will happen any time soon™

2. Planning while working on a large long term project team includes forward planning. If the intent is for there to be DLC, it has probably been on the white board for years, and possibly had staffing allocations for just as long. For example, some DLC content might need to be integrated into the game architecture during development. It's not uncommon for eagle eyed fans to predict future content by what is being added to the game in advance - within this context - sometimes DLC effectively unlocks existing content rather than adding new content.

3. Dedicated DLC ended up being the death knell for the best Total War mods. So buckle up for the ride... it might get bumpy.

From a commercial perspective, an elephant could be a great DLC inclusion - perhaps as part of an Asari culture pack. But I imagine that if say Elephants were added to a culture pack, something just as OP would have to be added to other cultures - maybe light field artillery or something else for balance. Or an elephant could be added to a minor faction - (E.g. like current camels are) - but again - when OP items are added, ways to down them are usually added as well.

I think these are questions we have time to mull over however - they haven't finished crossbow bolts or camel saddles yet.

Last edited:
Imagine getting angry over a potential expansion we knew absolutely nothing about until today but could add a functionality that modders could only dream of in warband.

Imagine getting angry over a potential expansion we knew absolutely nothing about until today but could add a functionality that modders could only dream of in warband.
If it's DLC that they are charging for (which it appears to be), they could have at least fixed the abject mess their game is, imagine that. On top of that, the core features and game depth are still missing, this a 45$ dollar game and they already have plans to charge for something like this? Good grief.

Here is an idea. If you don't like this DLC, do not buy it. Vote with your wallet. But we don't even know the scope of this DLC, nor it's price. We also don't know it's release date. Maybe it will be released with the game after early access, for a few dollars. That would be fine in my opinion. It will be an optional part of a single player game and the game is going to be balanced without it.

It will also give modders some new toys to play with. For example, Kingdoms of Arda might include war elephants. Only caveat would be that the players would need to own the DLC to play with that part of the mod. However, this is fairly common practice. Many mods require DLC packs to be owned by the player.

Here is an idea. If you don't like this DLC, do not buy it. Vote with your wallet. But we don't even know the scope of this DLC, nor it's price. We also don't know it's release date. Maybe it will be released with the game after early access, for a few dollars. That would be fine in my opinion. It will be an optional part of a single player game and the game is going to be balanced without it.

It will also give modders some new toys to play with. For example, Kingdoms of Arda might include war elephants. Only caveat would be that the players would need to own the DLC to play with that part of the mod. However, this is fairly common practice. Many mods require DLC packs to be owned by the player.

Monetising a game that sold well in pre-release is probably a serious concern for those who have financially invested in the game. I would anticipate it being essential to provide generalist reviewers and youtubers something new to play with on full release.

If the full release is just a repackaged version of the final EA iteration, and the majority of fans have bought it already, then the point of a full release can only be a couple of things - to offer something that entices new people who haven't previously played the game something to buy, and to offer existing EA customers something new to buy into.

So I agree with you - that the full release will come with something exciting for non-EA customers, and some sort of value add for/from existing players.

If it's DLC that they are charging for (which it appears to be), they could have at least fixed the abject mess their game is, imagine that. On top of that, the core features and game depth are still missing, this a 45$ dollar game and they already have plans to charge for something like this? Good grief.
You pretend like i am supposed to care about the base game. I paid 45$ for an engine to get access to the community mods, not the base game.

Back
Top Bottom