Elephant DLC theories - disscussion

Users who are viewing this thread

TW management has some serious issues if they made a team to design elephants while my army can't do ladders.

Hard to believe that Warband has a smarter AI then Bannerlord, you would think game developers improve over the years.
I hope they don't use the designers of elefants to fix the ladders. I mean we would get the most beautyfull ladders we could imagine if the whole art departement would work on them but i am pretty sure that the would also work even less then they do right now because I would estimate that noone in the art departement hat the needed skills to code something like this.

If he can code and model a fully working elephant he could improve the banner creator surely
There's really nothing to code in the elephant though, or at least very little. The animation and 3D model is the main difficulty in that, and that's a completely different set of competences. It's also entirely possible that they just bought the animated model from someone.

If he can code and model a fully working elephant he could improve the banner creator surely
The elephant code (= as combat unit AI) is done by programmers, not by artists. A banner editor would include mostly coding, some texture manipulation and probably no modelling at all. So the elephant dev can't do it unless he's multi-talented.

There are still many items that could use a visual update, and there is much room for improvement especially concerning high tier item variability (all armor slots, all factions, Aserai and Khuzait special mentions).

No dlc should be released during the early access period, to me it seems they are just starting early testing/development for future dlc ideas with idle team members so nothing bad in there.

If they keep improving the game and make it a good complete experience for the real release i'll be optimistic about their dlcs in the future and buy if it's something interesting to me.

If they "abandon" the game before the major problems are fixed and call it released or starting to sell dlcs during the EA phase they'll never get another coin from me.

The elephant thing really seems like early work of something, i'll give them the benefit of the doubt no problem until proven otherwise.
+1

Expansion areas & DLC ideas
But if we're going to speak of DLC and theories, I have suggestions for the following Calradia expansions:

1- The Faithful Kingdom
A new and impressive faction based on indian culture bringing even more challenges to Calradia!

cUnGaN1.jpg

• Adds a new "indian" playable culture (new religion, characters, quests, unit tree, items and settlements in the southeast)
  • Adds elephants (a very interesting and powerful military unit, which can even break down gates in sieges)
qTav16X.png

2- The Great Heathen Army
A new and large invasion of Nords bringing even more chaos to Calradia!

nh5Mo5P.jpg

• Adds Nord as new playable culture (new religion, characters, quests, unit tree, items and settlements in the north)
  • Adds coastal battles and naval battles (a very interesting mechanic from the previous game Viking Conquest)
kAyCBaJ.png

3- The Prosperous Kingdom
A new faction based on Ku****e or Mali empire bringing even more wealth to the universe of Calradia!

Y3LVMGe.jpg

• Adds a new "african" playable culture (new religion, characters, quests, unit tree, items and settlements in the south-west)
  • Adds chariots (a very interesting and versatile military unit, lethal at short or long range)
JifF6jl.png

@Dejan @mexxico @Duh_TaleWorlds

Last edited:
I hope they don't use the designers of elefants to fix the ladders. I mean we would get the most beautyfull ladders we could imagine if the whole art departement would work on them but i am pretty sure that the would also work even less then they do right now because I would estimate that noone in the art departement hat the needed skills to code something like this.
So maybe hire more programmers and not designers ? My "TW management has serious issues" still holds it seems.

Sounds fishy as hell that a bored employee would be allowed to just forgetfully install his coffee time code into the Master Copy of a retail game. Calling Callum out on this one

Back
Top Bottom