Election system still ruins the game. Please delete, let player run own faction, please make strategy game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you guys also have the problem that your Kingdom is auto resolving peace and simply inform you after it? Also bankrupting you in the process cause somehow you made peace with an enemy faction and pay them tribute despite the fact you literally wiped the floor with them a moment ago?
Or is that just me?
So far, I've always had to vote on the peace as a ruler, like it will pop up and make me do it if I ignore it. I am aware of other players saying they missed the notification and it was resolved without them, not sure if it a player kingdom or as a vassal though. People have said they "hear' the peace offer but don't see the emblem. For the second part, yes the only time I've payed tribute in my current game was to the defeated Khuzaits, meaning just their ruling clan and mercs, even though they pose no threat. I think this is because thier war score makes them so aggressive because they have no fiefs compared to field power. They of course declared war very soon but I haven't seen a peace proposal for them again in a good while. They are basically fodder now and there are just too many of my parties for them to even raid. Bad deal for the mercs though...

Is it known by a Dev?
yes its known. they are not blind. for you offically, taleworlds already said that they are constantly working on the ai. that should be enough for you to know.
If you could make people shut up on the internet you could rule world. But you only control your own little safe space "Talk **** get Banned, no back seating" hug box.
is it getting personal now? really? you are ridiculous. why should any dev listen to you, if your solution is clearly off the table. on top of that, your arrogance is unmatched. go back to your bubble boy, i head back to mine <3

yes its known. they are not blind. for you offically, taleworlds already said that they are constantly working on the ai. that should be enough for you to know.
Oh is it known? Well then WTF is this?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...no-repeated-propositions.447488/#post-9760117
Hi @Ananda_The_Destroyer, you wouldn't happen to have a save of the situation you're describing just before the nobles triggered a vote? If not, do you think you would be able to replicate the situation? We can then evaluate if the implemented behaviour in that situation is desirable.
Oh look they want a save for this exact situation I'm talking about, I guess they didn't know after all.

Last edited:
a community manager is not a dev.
Oh look they want a save for this exact situation I'm talking about, I guess they didn't know after all. That post was already up too, guess you were the one that was blind. You got set up and knocked down! Sally Done
damn i must really have hurt your feelings. iam out of this infertile stuff xD

So far, I've always had to vote on the peace as a ruler, like it will pop up and make me do it if I ignore it. I am aware of other players saying they missed the notification and it was resolved without them, not sure if it a player kingdom or as a vassal though. People have said they "hear' the peace offer but don't see the emblem. For the second part, yes the only time I've payed tribute in my current game was to the defeated Khuzaits, meaning just their ruling clan and mercs, even though they pose no threat. I think this is because thier war score makes them so aggressive because they have no fiefs compared to field power. They of course declared war very soon but I haven't seen a peace proposal for them again in a good while. They are basically fodder now and there are just too many of my parties for them to even raid. Bad deal for the mercs though...
Not for me. My wars get auto resolved with peace i have no influence over and i always have to pay tribute to them for no freaking reason despite wiping the floor with them. However last night i got 3 kingdoms declaring war on me at the same time and lost a significant amount of fiefs. No auto peace there. Not even once.
And when i start a war against my council decisions they or the ai auto resolves it almost a day or two after it started with my side paying tribute to the enemy kingdom.

I calculated that my kingdom will go bankrupt in a few ingame weeks if this bug or whatever it is continues.

tell me wise man.

Okay.

Hi @Ananda_The_Destroyer, you wouldn't happen to have a save of the situation you're describing just before the nobles triggered a vote? If not, do you think you would be able to replicate the situation? We can then evaluate if the implemented behaviour in that situation is desirable.

Interesting thread @Hexnibbler, awesome to see you dig into our combat AI mechanics from a more statistics-based perspective! Thumbs up on the effort. I've forwarded your thread to the combat team.

Thanks for letting us know, I'll post here as soon as we add it to the Steam build.

We're working on it :wink:.

Z0tQZjZ.png

bV5XWcB.png

Lose the attitude and stop trying to provoke people.

The guy all but dared Ananda to a fight like it's fourth grade or something. I'm not the least bit surprised he's acting like this.

jo dude talk directly to me instead of ghosting XD we can settle this down immeadeatly if you want to. yw.

The guy all but dared Ananda to a fight like it's fourth grade or something. I'm not the least bit surprised he's acting like this.
TBF he just wanted me to talk to him in his chat while he streamed. I did and our viewpoints on Bannerlord's development are not very different. I also try to explain that my over the top complaint is like a bargaining strategy to ask for something unreasonable and get a compromise like "no peace vote during siege" or "no repeated peace votes". I leave my earlier posts for entertainment value but I don't want them to be taken as encouragement of dog piling or meaningless argument.

Okay.

Z0tQZjZ.png

bV5XWcB.png

thanx! from my understanding, dejan is the connection between community and dev, but whatever. in the end, i dont know and it would be too much to drag him into this bs.

ananda and me already settled down our misunderstandment earlier today. we exchanged words in a respectful way and were comming to a good end, no need to set fire in any other way. iam also done discussing in here. its exhausting and in the end nothing but eyerolling. iam totally aware that iam responsible for that result.
iam seriously tired so please forgive my faults i think i did. one thing is that i expressed myself the wrong way. i shouldnt have provoked ananda in any way, as this was clearly leading to a misunderstanding. in the end, we somewhat shared a lot of views. i hope i will learn from my faults.

TBF he just wanted me to talk to him in his chat while he streamed. I did and our viewpoints on Bannerlord's development are not very different. I also try to explain that my over the top complaint is like a bargaining strategy to ask for something unreasonable and get a compromise like "no peace vote during siege" or "no repeated peace votes". I leave my earlier posts for entertainment value but I don't want them to be taken as encouragement of dog piling or meaningless argument.

Ah, I see. That's good. Although I'm not sure how others might have taken your opening post, to me it was a funny way to bring up the problems with the game's war AI.

A compromise probably won't majorly change it for the better though. It's definitely a quick patch up until something larger is done with it, but I certainly hope they are considering reworking it. They can still keep the majority of what they were intending the first time, just adjust it at the very least so its decisions are far smarter. It doesn't always have to be positive or beneficial of course, but if the AI could put up the effort to look as if it was trying to act in its best interests, that'd be great.

I'm not sure how others might have taken your opening post, to me it was a funny way to bring up the problems with the game's war AI.
Yeah, that's our Amanda. He's always trying to break the game and fake rant about it, but his suggestions about more player agency are usually right on point and TW employees are right to take his posts seriously (at least the serious part of his posts).
The colored text and the silly emojis are also there for entertainment value and probably most of us appreciate those too.

Yeah, that's our Amanda. He's always trying to break the game and fake rant about it, but his suggestions about more player agency are usually right on point and TW employees are right to take his posts seriously (at least the serious part of his posts).
The colored text and the silly emojis are also there for entertainment value and probably most of us appreciate those too.
+1

I do appreciate it, actually. I think that even if someone might disagree with Ananda, it's still a good way to capture attention to the issue presented whilst still being humorous enough to keep you reading.

Back
Top Bottom