Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be cool to be able to give money for modders, but, having to pay for a full on mod it just feels wierd and wrong

It would be cool to have a free alternative and a buy alternative of the same mod, so people who really liked it and wants to see more of that can show support, kinda like a donation page ( with would work better than the valve thing now )

But still, the comments on some of the mods are really offensive

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Oh, this nugget is golden. Did you see the description on one of the mods for Skyrim? Looks like not only will you have to pay for it, but you have to pay for early access!

Art of the Catch is early in development, however the fishing mechanic is fully functional. Because of this, it is currently being offered at an Early Bird Introductory Price. The suggested and minimum price will increase as additional features are added

There was another mod which only worked with two expansion packs.

Paywalls behind paywalls, how deep can we go?

ThegnAnsgar said:
The thing that worries me is something that was brought up on Reddit.

Imagine this. What would've happened if Durante had decided to sell DSFix for 29.99? Not only that but if someone tried the same thing he could just DMCA them? It says it right there in the FAQ.

"Q. What if I see someone posting content I've created? A. If someone has copied your work, please use the DMCA takedown notice."

Just imagine that, if a mod that only exists to make a game playable on PC was a paid for mod. Now imagine person B is out there and makes similar fixes to the game, but does it for free... DMCA abuse can arise.

And additionally this quote from reddit also expresses my distaste:

For a more practical example that would apply to the Skyrim workshop - USKP, the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, makes use of some early modded fixes created by other modders and compiled with permission into the first versions. If Arthmoor or Quarn (or anyone else) were to toss the USKP up on the workshop for sale, any of those original modders would be within their rights to demand it be taken down because of the included fix they made all the way back at the end of 2011.

It gets really messy when you factor in the open degree of cooperation over the years between modders then toss in someone making money potentially off part of someone else's work.

This can only be a bad move in the long run.
inb4 someone who has made a mod with a sword starts DMCA striking every sword mod out there. :lol:

Yep, yep...

ZMTfcjk.jpg

I guess I will start modelling on Wings3d again, so I can make some money for when I go to Argentina I can get drunk with my brother and I will be able to pay for my own stuff

Would people pay for a poop sword ?

And with 25% profit, its not worth it to upload the mod on the nexus with a link ''if you wish to support the mod, download the paying version, kthx'', might as well just stick with the donate button.

I feel this is eerily close to hiring thousands of people to create micro-DLC for slave wages. It's like Valve wants to be known for pioneering the mod-sweatshop market.

I'd be really surprised if this doesn't devolve into niche fetish mods that cost the same as a full price game. Either that or endless reems of <1MB garbage that nobody buys.

I really don't see many other games buying into this. Neither do I see the creators of large overhaul mods banding together to make an amazing new mod because of this system.

people would totally buy a nude mod, I am sure of that  :lol:

jacobhinds said:
I really don't see many other games buying into this. Neither do I see the creators of large overhaul mods banding together to make an amazing new mod because of this system.

Here is the thing, if people actually banded together to make an amazing overhaul mod, I would totally buy that, because it actually changes something in the game

the problem here is people abusing it and launching ****ty armor mods that noone cares just to get a dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom