Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it funny how the bulk of every single guild's questline is Radiant Quests: take the Thieves' Guild for instance, if you want it to progress in any way you have to keep on doing the quests from Delvin and Vex OVER AND OVER AND OVER again until you do 5 of them in a hold, at which point you get a special quest that can be kind of interesting.

Companions bulks up its questline by having you clear a few caves.

Civil War has you attack a few forts.

Dark Brotherhood gives you the option at the end of murdering random people for money.

Mages' Guild is actually the least worst, in the sense that most of the quests have a bit more story behind them, but it's still lacklustre, and the ending is bollocks.

Which is why I don't get why reviewers give the game a ****ing 10/10 when most of it is randomly generated fetch quests !

I just can't get why the **** would they make you the Archmage. You joined yesterday, you have no experience, if you just started the game, you have no magical experience at all, since the only way of acquiring good spells is buying them, literally all the other members have seniority over you, and you didn't even **** the archmage or anything. Why would they do that at all?

You know what'd be nice? Different ways to be accepted as a member based on your magic expertise. It makes no sense that a lv.30 mage, who can pretty much turn the entire hold to ash without running out of magicka, be given a set of apprentice robes and watch a class (the only class you get, by the way) about wards.

If you're an apprentice level mage, you should attend classes to learn spells instead of buying them, for instance. Or better yet, you could apprentice under one of the masters depending on the school you wanted to learn, and they would train you and teach you spells in exchange of having you doing chores, tests, errands and quests. And as you became more and more proficient in the magic arts, you could advance your post. Would have been entirely more exciting, creative and fulfilling.

Or, if you are more experienced, you could instead accomplish meaningful tasks that benefit the guild.

Ideally, once you have advanced enough, you wouldn't become Archmage and you could be instead a Master Wizard, with your own responsibilities and apprentices(they could be you followers, and you could teach them magic as you go) to booth. But since Bethesda simply must make you the single most competent person in the world, it's at least more "buy-able" that you became archmage simply because you proved to be a prodigy the likes of which is rarely seen on Tamriel or some such.

Bethesta is too reliant on modders that's the problem,they laid the foundation and modders will do the rest. At least im glad i got it for pc. I havent started the dragon born dlc yet but from what i read around, it seemed more fleshed out than the rest. Their really doing more harm than good by doing this imo as that would just push more and more toward torrents.

The problem Bethesda have is that they have all these grand plans for their games. But because they are too focused on making it pretty as **** on an old engine, they don't spend enough time on the bazillion quests they'd need to do to make any of it worthwhile. Which is why they come up with this RADIANT quest **** or whatever.

Doesn't help their writers are **** at creating a plot. They make back story fine, but jesus. The rest is weak. I barely consider Skyrim an RPG. I'd call it an action orientated adventure game.

At least, I call it that because of the amount of quests I do anymore. I've played it 72 hours and not got past the Greybeards in the main quest.

They really should get Obsidian to do the gameworld design and writing for them.

Meanwhile, I can't play Skerm because my computer is bork, so I started playing Morrowind on the piece of **** laptop I got. Unmodded. I really, really like the look and feel of that game.

Nahkuri said:
I started playing Morrowind. Unmodded.
Oooh, you don't wanna be doing that! :lol: At the very least you should get one of the passive cliff racers mods. And something to make the faces less fugly. Rhedd's Heads was my favorite back in the day.
Oh, and the unofficial patches. Those go without saying.

Looked through a couple of Finnish online stores and it seemed to be around 15€ for a physical GOTY copy of the game.

EDIT: Scratch that. They were for the steam license keys.

RW #5: yeah, I think I'll be getting some wildlife mod when I reach lvl 4 or 5 and the cliff racers start spawning in hordes.

The short view distance combined with the graphical style of the landscape has a certain charm to it. When I'm travelling and arrive on top of a small hill or at a crossroads I repeatedly find myself really wanting to go the other way just to see what's there.

u33qSHv.jpg

kiFng1Q.jpg

tdEI4D2.png

92IaFt2.png

Nahkuri said:
They really should get Obsidian to do the gameworld design

I dunno. I really like Skyrim's design.

The overworld, that is. They do landscapes very well. I wish they just filled it with stuff to do. The civil war was ideal, but nope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom