Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A89CC9FC6CB89B480CBB2259CACCEDDFC6DF1B94

:grin:

Playing with many mods, including mods that make me have to eat, drink and sleep to survive etc :mrgreen:

Chewiemuse said:
Larquen said:
[glow=red,2,300]LOVE YOUU !!!!!  [/glow]

:grin:

:cool:
Love me :grin:?

AND as I can see my Pictures sparked a huge convo on Video cards let me explain something

ALL of my pictures yes are not photoshopped, BUT I dont use Vanilla graphics, I dont use Vanilla Shadowing, with an ENB it adds in FXAA Injectors and it adds certain shading properties that Skyrim doesnt originally have in it Such as SSAO and Faux cell shading, so regardless of whether or not you got a new video card it wouldnt look like this unless you modded it too, I have and Ive counted about 36 Graphic Enhancement mods alone on the nexus mod Manager, as well as tones of other add ons that come with their own 2056/ 4096 Pixel sizes, which is very detailed Textures, the ENB's I use add the "Bokeh" Depth affect which you see, the lighting and toning as well as the color scale is all moded into the game. i have counted and as I said in a previous post I use about 157 mods in my skyrim game, I honestly dont even play the game anymore I just take pictures on it (Honestly more fun to me). even then with the beast I had I was only getting 20 fps, so im not trying to sound cocky you know or like im better or anything im just saying it took me HOURS and DAYS to get my game to look like this and not only was it a pain in the ass it wasnt at all stable, constant crashes, and having to deal with mixing and matching mods which werent even compatible with eachother.

BUT Other than that not to discourage you guys plenty of people do it and I always encourage modding I just want you to know the risk it entitles, Courrupted Game files, save files, pretty much having to redownload or constantly back up your game, this is kinda like a disclaimer and a use beware deal

I just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline, and I've gotta say I'm quite disappointed with Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood compared to Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood.

The way I see it, is that they took out all the variety in the kills. The best parts of the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion were when you could take a stealthier, more challenging way. You can no longer swap the medicines of your target with poison, stage accidents, or talk your way into turning people on each other.

They ditched all the more creative and multiple pathway assassinations for a more linear and bland line of kills. The very last assassination was amazing, but for a more story driven guild we lost everything else. "Go to Markarth and kill this person."

It was all just so fast and there was no story progression, you were just kind of thrown into the build of the climax from the beginning. I'm so disappointed...

Also, the characters in Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood were much cooler and had more personality. Don't even get me started on Babette from Skyrim.

Oh hey, a murderer vampire that looks like a little kid? That's, like, totally creepy, dude!

I don't think anything Bethesda does will ever beat Dark Brotherhood of Oblivion.

Chewbacca said:
I just finished the Dark Brotherhood questline, and I've gotta say I'm quite disappointed with Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood compared to Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood.

The way I see it, is that they took out all the variety in the kills. The best parts of the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion were when you could take a stealthier, more challenging way. You can no longer swap the medicines of your target with poison, stage accidents, or talk your way into turning people on each other.

They ditched all the more creative and multiple pathway assassinations for a more linear and bland line of kills. The very last assassination was amazing, but for a more story driven guild we lost everything else. "Go to Markarth and kill this person."

Nahkuri said:
Oh hey, a murderer vampire that looks like a little kid? That's, like, totally creepy, dude!

I don't think anything Bethesda does will ever beat Dark Brotherhood of Oblivion.

If you think objectively about Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood, it was a line of "go kill this guy" quests too. In fact, Oblivion was probably even more linear since it told you how to kill the target in most cases.

In fact, Oblivion was probably even more linear since it told you how to kill the target in most cases.

IIRC, not really. You could still just run there and ORC SMASH your target and everyone else in a 1km radius. They just told you the way to do it sneakily. Which was kind of a good thing, since Oblivion's stealth system was good for little more than sneak killing in dungeons. At least compared to proper stealth & sneak games, like the Thief series, which are better suited for the whole "let the player figure it out himself" approach.

Wasn't talking about that, anyways. The plot, the writing, the pacing and the characters of Oblivilol's DB questline were done better than in any other questline in the TES series as far as I care. Liked it even more than Morrowind's main quest storyline.

Well Dawnguard does give some nice quests and stuff, but I still have a ton of quests I havnt done lol :lol:

Nahkuri said:
In fact, Oblivion was probably even more linear since it told you how to kill the target in most cases.

IIRC, not really. You could still just run there and ORC SMASH your target and everyone else in a 1km radius. They just told you the way to do it sneakily. Which was kind of a good thing, since Oblivion's stealth system was good for little more than sneak killing in dungeons. At least compared to proper stealth & sneak games, like the Thief series, which are better suited for the whole "let the player figure it out himself" approach.

Wasn't talking about that, anyways. The plot, the writing, the pacing and the characters of Oblivilol's DB questline were done better than in any other questline in the TES series as far as I care. Liked it even more than Morrowind's main quest storyline.

For sure. Oblivion's DB didn't advance you from the bottom rung of the ladder to the Listener in a handful of missions, either. :lol:

Probably because stealth was (and probably still is) broken once you're at the mid to top end of things. You just roll around dungeons 'backstabbing' everything to the back, flanks & front without being spotted, hitting with 15x damage on two knives/daggers.

For those who've played the DB quest line and not enjoyed it, you know there is a second quest line for the DB you can take?

Kill the ***** who wants you to kill the three people and boom! a different quest chain as an alternative. Apparently it's shorter, yet to do it myself.

rapier17 said:
Kill the ***** who wants you to kill the three people and boom! a different quest chain as an alternative. Apparently it's shorter, yet to do it myself.

That's what I did. I didn't like the situation of being dragged away and forced to kill someone I don't want to.
So I just shanked the ***** on the cupboard. This way you can get the Blade of Woe from her dead body.

rapier17 said:
For those who've played the DB quest line and not enjoyed it, you know there is a second quest line for the DB you can take?

You just find the sanctuary and kill everyone in it. :neutral:

The first time I did that the guy who hangs out near the entrance came at me with a battleaxe that had a 7 second stun enchantment on it, which I was entirely unaware of.

What's up with the smurf blood on the door ? Nice shot though, reminds me of my Fallout 3/NV days spent looking for good screenshots.

Um yeah. Played Derngerd for a bit last night until my computer decided it was time to crash the game and take at least 15seconds to do anything after I right click on something. Did get to the fortress. Already seems like something's bugged. I can't get a quest.

So I went to the fortress, listened to the discussion of angry black man and the apologetic vigilant guy, after which the black guy asked me what the hell I was doing there. I told him I had heard about them searching for vampire hunters. He says something, and then the apologetic vigilant guy tells me about some cave, and the quest "find Dawnguard" or whatever gets marked as completed, but I don't get a new quest. I can ask the angry black man about some things, but nothing gives me a quest. The vigilant just says "urgh" if I try to talk to him. Halp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom