Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteamWorkshop really wasn't thought out very well.

Between the lack of:
A) Search
B) Options for alternative installs (Any large scale mod is going to have more than one .esp)
C) A method to stop people from ticking all the categories, so filtering for "UI Mods" doesn't turn up half a dozen completely unrelated things
D) Any kind of blurb or information other than "Mod Name, also here's a picture"

It's a nightmare to navigate. Unless they overhaul the whole thing it's not going to be useful for downloading anything but the top dozen or so rated mods.

Moss said:
SteamWorkshop really wasn't thought out very well.

Between the lack of:
A) Search
B) Options for alternative installs (Any large scale mod is going to have more than one .esp)
C) A method to stop people from ticking all the categories, so filtering for "UI Mods" doesn't turn up half a dozen completely unrelated things
D) Any kind of blurb or information other than "Mod Name, also here's a picture"

It's a nightmare to navigate. Unless they overhaul the whole thing it's not going to be useful for downloading anything but the top dozen or so rated mods.

Yep. I stuck to using NMM for this reason. Its much simpler than the workshop because its much easier to install big mods this way.

The Game Jam video, at the end:

"That was just a taste. It was one of the most productive, creative weeks we've had. What if we worked like that more often?"

Just what in the fuuuuuuuuuu- Are they delibrately trolling us? Honestly? A) Telling us that's just a "taste". I'm frankly amazed by the stuff in the video, and you're telling me you can do even better? B) You're most creative week? What the hell, do you guys have no ****ing imagination or something? Half that stuff I've thought about alone, how the **** does a whole design team fail to be so creative? C) "What if we worked like that more often?" Well **** me if that isn't just BEGGING me to kill them. You lazy ****s bring out a product that COULD of been better, but you thought, **** it, we'll just save it for later for trolling the people who buy the game  :twisted:

So I have this rolling around:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnET4RKXx5k&ob=av2e

Gonna work on adding Narf mailed churburg armor into Skyrim...

Edit: NOPENOPENOPE

Edit 2: Found a good tut...

b00227783 said:
The Game Jam video, at the end:

"That was just a taste. It was one of the most productive, creative weeks we've had. What if we worked like that more often?"

Just what in the fuuuuuuuuuu- Are they delibrately trolling us? Honestly? A) Telling us that's just a "taste". I'm frankly amazed by the stuff in the video, and you're telling me you can do even better? B) You're most creative week? What the hell, do you guys have no ****ing imagination or something? Half that stuff I've thought about alone, how the **** does a whole design team fail to be so creative? C) "What if we worked like that more often?" Well **** me if that isn't just BEGGING me to kill them. You lazy ****s bring out a product that COULD of been better, but you thought, **** it, we'll just save it for later for trolling the people who buy the game  :twisted:

It could just be that some of those things weren't what they were intending. Now I cannot understand why some things like spears, seasons, and the water flow were left out/not thought of, but take the mixing magic thing. It's a bit silly. Also that flaming horse.

Meh. Flaming horses is fine, we already got a shadowhorse with red eyes. I was more interested in the killcams for archery and the option for fire arrows, no more awkwardly switching to flame spell to light up oil :grin:

I don't think smithing arrows really belongs in the same category, it's literally five minutes of work, even if you're doing it in a stupidly convoluted way like I am. There's no real excuse for them not having it done, not to mention the dozens of little bugs in the crafting system (recipes with typos, etc) that probably should have been patched by now.

Speaking of which, because Ram, Kazzan amd Mikkel are all completely useless (*shakes fist*) I haven't gotten any beta feedback on the mods I'm making, despite being pretty much ready to ship. Anyone game?

It'd essentially be as simple as go to smith > tell me what you see. Though once I'm confident that everything works the way I intended I'll throw things into leveled lists, at which point it'd be nice if someone could do a run through a dungeon or two to check that things are showing up properly. Also wouldn't mind people sending me some screenshots of their characters with some of the new items to use as examples on the mod page.

Well some of it is just silly nonsense, like the giant crab, the skeletal butler, or the flaming horse. But some of it would make the game genuinely better, like water arrows and NPCs having the ability to re-light doused torches. Howard said in the past that with TES they strive to make the ultimate fighter game, the ultimate wizard game, and the ultimate thief game all in one. Well, dousing torches has been a staple of the stealth genre ever since Thief came out fifteen years ago, so if he was being honest about it the absence of this feature is utterly inexcusable. Especially if it could be implemented in just a few days by one person.
Some of the cosmetic stuff would've also been nice, like ambient occlusion and footprints. At least the ambient occlusion has already been done by modders. As has that silly voice recognition thing for shouts.

I don't know. Seeing the giant mudcrab and skeletal butler did put a smile on my face. I would enjoy fighting something that large that isn't a dragon or a giant. Seemed... Pretty fun.

Also, giant mudcrabs: Completely Lore Friendly.

For those who'd like to Beta Test:
http://www.mediafire.com/?uxouuxgodbvu2kd

Just drop into your Skyrim\Data\ folder then check all the .esp files.

Final build will have an autoinstaller and a single .esp 'complete' version.

Mod 1 - Weapon Varients
WeaponVarients.esp
Adds 83 new weapon varients and 23 shields craftable at the forge. Currently only craftable, release version will also have a plugin that adds them to levelled lists so they'll show up throughout the game world.

Mod 2 - Crafting Complete
CraftArmorDraugr.esp
Changes the forging requirements for Ancient Nord Armour (only craftable after finishing companions questline, same stats as iron armor, they just put it in as a place holder for an armor set they never made). Now forgable from the get go and classified as iron instead of daedric.

Craftlockpick.esp
What it says on the tin.

PerkChanges.esp
Steel Smithing changed to Apprentice Smithing, now allows you to upgrade all the materials previously left out twice as much (iron, leather, hide, studded, wood, etc). Advanced Armor lets you upgrade Honed weapons twice as much.

CraftingJewelry.esp
Craft circlets, unenchanted versions of religious amulets. You can create "Sketches" of unique jewelery (namira's ring, etc) at the tanning rack using a roll of paper, allowing you to make an unenchanted copy at the forge whilst it's in your inventory.

CraftingComplete.esp
All weapons and armors craftable. Some are locked (like the three versions of the thieve's guild armors) till certain criteria are met (e.g. you join the thieves guild) or you find a copy of the armor to make a sketch from. All weapons and armours now also upgradable.

UniqueArmor.esp
Craft unenchanted versions of artifact armors using sketches.

UniqueWeapons.esp
Craft unenchanted copies of artifact weapons using sketches.

ArrowCrafting.esp
Arrows can be made using a Bag of Fletching, Bag of X Arrowheads and Bundle of Arrow Shafts at the tanning rack. Fletching is made from hawk feathers, quills or hag raven feathers, shafts from firewood and arrowheads from ingots at the forge.

Not yet made:
Tailoring.esp
Make all clothing from cloths and dyes. Will release seperately after I figure out a satisfactory way to make a new work area for it, hopefully one you can pick up and move.

What I'd like you to look for:
Any sketches or items that show up as craftable that you think shouldn't. Typos. Anything that can't be upgraded. Anything you feel doesn't make sense or could be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom