Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moose! said:
But I guess that size is the price you pay if you add detail.
as long as the game offers a well told story, rich experience and immersive world, i dont think that anyone notices those little inconsistencies.

The way i see its all come down to what are you looking in the game and truth be told now days i am mostly a casual gamer than anything else (there is just no time for anything else with life) But every now and then, i set aside time to play strategies/rpg's and time after time i am more and more disappointed, with diluted stories, with repeated dull, lifeless and unmemorable worlds(not graphic wise), with handholding, linearity, lack of strategy and hallenge, just pure click fest or in other words casual gaming with rgp elements  :sad:

its not that the game are crap, since it hits its target audience perfectly (all those who think holy ****ing **** this ****ing awesome, this the best RPG experiences evar, bring me moar ) but its not what i am looking for, which bring me to my initial statement "i'll wait for the mods"

AWdeV said:
I liked oblivion. I just like morrowind a whole lot more. My first gripe with Oblivion was its size. The little piece of land in Oblivion would be nowhere near big enough to support continent-conquering legions, especially since most of it is semi-wilderness. :razz:

I always wondered how the Empire managed to feed their people when there aren't enough farms in the game world to be able to supply even one of the towns. I guess abstraction is the price you pay for a fun gaming experience though, and i'm not complaining about it.

Morrowind and Oblivion were both pretty *****in' games. I mean yeah, I never play without a number of mods, but that's because those mods make both of these great games even better.

Hell sometimes I think the in game books are worth the price of the game on their own.  :grin:

Well before Oblivion that whole area around Lake Rumare was supposed to be farmland I think, hence why they bothered to clear it out of most trees. So was the Western coastline near Anvil.

I doubt it, but I hope they revamp the leveling system to be closer to Galsiah's Character Development.
It's much, much more fluent and natural.

Instead of "leveling up", it happens gradually and fluently based on what you use. For instance. when you use strength based skills, it will gradually increase strength, and maybe a little endurance, depending on the skill.

Since it doesn't use levels directly, it also revamps how creatures level and essentially removes the level limit.

It's explained better here:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=2030

Graylord said:
I doubt it, but I hope they revamp the leveling system to be closer to Galsiah's Character Development.
It's much, much more fluent and natural.
Nah, I wouldn't even bother.
Just add three more month to their release date and then use a working and good system devised by some modder.

besides its never gonna happen, the game must be passable by ESCaping every dialog and running from quest marker to the next, so leveling system and cool effects is a must to break the hard pawn routine, otherwise where is the challenge?

I think he was sarcastically saying that you should be able to just skip through the dialogues and run from quest-marker to quest-marker. Because auto-level and the graphics should be the only challenge. Because auto-level and the graphics are the only break from running through the world? Nevermind, I give up.

That post makes my head hurt.

Graylord said:
Instead of "leveling up", it happens gradually and fluently based on what you use. For instance. when you use strength based skills, it will gradually increase strength, and maybe a little endurance, depending on the skill.
Yet to see those systems actually work in a PC game. Konung tried the same thing. Level systems are pretty essential for balance, unless you switch to a linear game format, but that would be highly unlikely.

Fair enough, it worked really well in Dungeon Siege (the first one), but that was pretty linear.

Galsiah's way isn't perfectly balanced, but it does actually work pretty well.

Wellenbrecher said:
I think he was sarcastically saying that you should be able to just skip through the dialogues and run from quest-marker to quest-marker. Because auto-level and the graphics should be the only challenge. Because auto-level and the graphics are the only break from running through the world? Nevermind, I give up.

That post makes my head hurt.
Something like it, mainstream RPG design = open world FPS with optional RPG elements and if it make you feel better my head hurts just as much writing those but eventually i'll learn, just like i have learned the local languages here.

mor2 said:
Something like it, mainstream RPG design = open world FPS with optional RPG elements and if it make you feel better my head hurts just as much writing those but eventually i'll learn, just like i have learned the local languages here.

Wow, you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? "Mainstream"? **** no. How many first-person open world RPGs do you know, save for the TES series? I bet you couldn't name a dozen. Third person and isometric RPGs are a lot more common.

Hmm, screenshots of Morrowind make me really nostalgic. I bought it when I was 15 and that's what, 7 years ago already? ****.

I was going to make a collective AAR thread, similar to the current M2TW one, so we can all have a great nostalgia fest this Winter Break.  :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom