Either the devs don't play the game or they are mind blowingly incompetent

Users who are viewing this thread

It has been almost 2 years and solo queue isn't seperated from teams. AFK detection system doesn't work, already late "excessive teamhit" detection doesn't work. If you leave a match or get kicked when you search for a new match, you are right back in, how hard is it to do it properly really? Is there anyone working on MP who knows what he is doing or have you got only interns in this company?

I too think that we are pretty much left alone with mp and noone seems to take care of things like that. There have been bugs since month that basically destory the whole experience and nothing has been done about that. Also most of the promised features like ranked games or duel mode hasnt been added yet nor does anyone tell us why it hasnt been added yet, its quite frustrating. Nonetheless, I dont think its the right approch to make another rant thread about it.

The queue system works by trying to match groups with other groups, and solos with other solos. However, after some time it will start to lower the requirements for groups depending on how long they have been queuing for. The problem with trying to split these two from one another is that we simply don't have the player base to support two independent queues like that.

For the AFK kick not working, are you sure about that? I just loaded up the game and went AFK in a TDM match and was kicked.
1626115307147.png

Unfortunately, I can't test the kick for team damage right now but if you feel there is a bug with that or the AFK kick, or if you are experiencing any other issues, please make sure to create a bug report in the Multiplayer Technical Support board.

As for leaving ongoing matches and immediately queuing for another match only to be put back in the same match, then yes this will happen. The game will try to fill the slot that you just vacated, and if you are first in that queue then you will be put back into the match.

Moving the thread to the MP section of the forum.

The queue system works by trying to match groups with other groups, and solos with other solos. However, after some time it will start to lower the requirements for groups depending on how long they have been queuing for. The problem with trying to split these two from one another is that we simply don't have the player base to support two independent queues like that.

For the AFK kick not working, are you sure about that? I just loaded up the game and went AFK in a TDM match and was kicked.
View attachment 162029

Unfortunately, I can't test the kick for team damage right now but if you feel there is a bug with that or the AFK kick, or if you are experiencing any other issues, please make sure to create a bug report in the Multiplayer Technical Support board.

As for leaving ongoing matches and immediately queuing for another match only to be put back in the same match, then yes this will happen. The game will try to fill the slot that you just vacated, and if you are first in that queue then you will be put back into the match.

Thanks for so many reply today can u just drop anything that's been finished in mp like a hotfix we really tired waiting over 2 months without anything new i can represent all ea plays just change the cav and archer price in tdm it is really easy to do and will greatly improve the game play cav price as u guys mentioned before will be 200 350 shoter price can be180 250 staffs like that and i have a question how hard it is to make a way to allow player to gain hp in duel server seriously any way will be fine i don't want to duel with 1hp Thanks again and sorry for my poor English

Okay then, give me the option for it. Just a check named like "Remain in solo queue (can lead to longer searching times)", Most solo players are tired of getting matched aganist full clan teams and that's one of the main reasons people quit.

View attachment 162029

In captain mode the round ends before the afk detection system can kick the player, the time required is simply too long. If the enemy team kills the afk player at spawn, he will stay in game unless he is kicked via a poll which requires the majority of the team to vote, some don't.

I know it happens, I'm saying it shouldn't happen. If you give people the option to have polls to kick which will be abused in some cases (still I welcome it since it was needed and at least now griefers think twice), at least make sure people won't join back to the same team when they search again. It's bad for everyone.

Thanks for communicating, it was becoming a rare sight.

J

View attachment 162029

View attachment 162029

Hope u have a happy holiday really want to play some new stuff in mp can u just release anything or change tdm before the vacation? Please

Okay then, give me the option for it. Just a check named like "Remain in solo queue (can lead to longer searching times)", Most solo players are tired of getting matched aganist full clan teams and that's one of the main reasons people quit.

In captain mode the round ends before the afk detection system can kick the player, the time required is simply too long. If the enemy team kills the afk player at spawn, he will stay in game unless he is kicked via a poll which requires the majority of the team to vote, some don't.

I know it happens, I'm saying it shouldn't happen. If you give people the option to have polls to kick which will be abused in some cases (still I welcome it since it was needed and at least now griefers think twice), at least make sure people won't join back to the same team when they search again. It's bad for everyone.

Thanks for communicating, it was becoming a rare sight.

I will forward the request about a solo queue for Skirmish and Captain.

The problem with the AFK timer not kicking in fast enough (or seemingly resetting the timer after a round?) in Captain seems like an oversight and something we should definitely look into.

And again, that definitely seems like an oversight with vote kicked players being allowed to rejoin the same server and should be looked into.

Thanks for explaining each point in more detail. :smile:

I will forward the request about a solo queue for Skirmish and Captain.

The problem with the AFK timer not kicking in fast enough (or seemingly resetting the timer after a round?) in Captain seems like an oversight and something we should definitely look into.

And again, that definitely seems like an oversight with vote kicked players being allowed to rejoin the same server and should be looked into.

Thanks for explaining each point in more detail. :smile:
probably wont get a response, but honestly you guys could save yourself like 80% of the toxicity you get from players by just being more transparent with us. If you laid out a roadmap on what you want to be in Multiplayer to consider it ready for release im sure everyone would be mostly satisfied with that.

You guys lay out plans for the "near" future, which I understand you do because things are still in flux but surely release isnt so far away that you cant provide a roadmap of what you want to achieve for multiplayer to consider it released.

Last edited:
probably wont get a response, but honestly you guys could save yourself like 80% of the toxicity you get from players by just being more transparent with us. If you laid out a roadmap on what you want to be in Multiplayer to consider it ready for release im sure everyone would be mostly satisfied with that.

You guys lay out plans for the "near" future, which I understand you do because things are still in flux but surely release isnt so far away that you cant provide a roadmap of what you want to achieve for multiplayer to consider it released.
This.

he couldnt respond of course :smile:, taleworlds doesnt mess with roadmaps I guess. Which is weird cause they did give a Q4 prediction. How can everything be so in flux when they're able to give a Q4 prediction lol. It's like their gameplan is to not inform us what they consider release worthy, and just release whatever they manage to get working in that time.

its because simply they are focusing most of their time and resource on SP which brings in the most revenue

Back
Top Bottom