Einherjar Duel Server

Users who are viewing this thread

BlodsHammar

Grandmaster Knight
th_swordfight.gif
Password to the server can be found in the bottom of this post. Make sure to read the rules first!

NEW!(18/4-2010)
The Einherjar will be experimenting with a module for a while and the current one will be found here.
Includes the new 'Einherjar faction', Saxons, Normans, new weapons, maps and more.
Please write us what you think of it. Equipment, maps and the new features. Report bugs if you find any.
Current version: Einherjar Module 0.13 (6/5)
Download Link
There is a possibility for a "Einherjar Duel Tournament". In which a group of 24 will fight 1 on 1 battles and the winner will climb the ladder and have another go against the winner from an other duel. I will hopefully rent a TS-server to organize this a somewhat better which will make it easier for me.
There will be six groups, maybe less, and the "scheme-trees" will look like (*points below*) this.
For example: NaglFaar wins and faces Ulf. Blodshammar and Eirikur will face later on and the winner there will face the winner from group 2 and so on.
Hopefully I won't have too much on my hands, this will be brilliant and work flawlessly.
The tournament will be a monthly tournament. The last Friday every month (26/3-2010 for example). If I can't make it I will pass the torch to some one capable.

BlodsHammar said:
First round!

NaglFaar ─────┐
                          ├── NaglFaar ──────┐
Blodshammar -──┘                              │
                                                          ├── Ulfhidinn *Winner*
Ulfhidinn ─────┐                              │
                          ├── Ulfhidinn ─────┘
Eirikur -───────┘

Tomorrow (15/02-2010) the Einherjar server will receive a password. Why? Because the server is suffering from chaos!
We don't want the new players to join in and start swinging. Then we have to notify these people about the rules, consuming our time in-game and we have to clean up the server every third minute.
This way, we know that we have duelists in our server. The duelers must visit our thread, read the rules, and claim the password. When you got the password, which will be open to public, will give us reason to ban the player because he/she knows about the rules.

We have adopted some of the "original rules" and they apply to our server. Until now, anyone who brakes or stretches any of these rules will receive a warning and/or a kick. But now, when we know that people have visited this thread we can immediately ban them. Because they are assholes.

Server updates is managed by NaglFaar. He will update the server as soon he gets the "server update" files.
Current patch: 1.113 (22/4-10)

Rules!
  • First and foremost, Melee[1] only!
  • Greet[2] before fight! Shall be done in a stand still! Do not kick or punch people to get their attention!
  • You may not disturb players dueling! Wait for your turn!
  • Once accepted, the duelers may not change weapons! Fight with what you greeted with!
  • Shields! You may carry more then one but if your shield brakes you may not equip a new until after the duel[3]!
  • Throwing weapons! Some uses javelins to fight with, but not throw. Thrown weapons is a major violation to the rules!
  • Projectile (bows) weapons! Is not allowed. They serve no purpose in a duel server.
  • Jousting[4]! If two players agree to joust they may fight. But far away from the infantry. They must not attack duelists!
  • Armors! Players can wear what ever they want to wear. It's their choice if they want to be fast or slow.
  • Horses[5]! You shall not use a horse to get to the dueling field, dismount, and leave it.. KILL IT! :twisted:
th_horse.gif

The original duel rules can be found here. Duel Server Rules
Gentlemen's guide to dueling is also a good read through

[1] Melee: Mêlée, WikiP - "A melee ensues when groups become locked together in combat with no regard to group tactics or fighting as an organized unit; each participant fights as an individual". In "TW" aspects it means "No other weapons then one/two-handers or your ass is.. your ass is.. PAIN! Lots and lots of pain"!
[2] Greet: Greeting in the only way you will be able to rightfully engage combat. By raising your weapon above your head (over head blocking) you invite to/or accept a duel challenge. Shield users will have to raise their shields and aim them "for the sky". Just look upwards. If this does not work, jump, do any thing but harm the person to get their attention. Just, be careful not to be annoying like run around them in circles like an idiot..
[3] Shields: We highly recommend that you only use ONE shield just for pure principles. If you behave and have been around a long time and people know they can trust you, you may use more but as I said before, only one shield per duel. <-- Important!
[4] Jousting: Jousting means "cavalry vs. cavalry".. All though we approve that jousting can take place in a duel server does not mean that you should convert the server in to a jousting server.. If there are a few players who wants to engage cav vs. cav they must ask for permission. If no admins are in the server (NaglFaar, Blodshammar, Gule, Eirikur or Úlfheðinn) then jousting isn't an option. Jousting areas - [Scroll down]
[5] Horses: Some people use horses to faster get from point A to B. This is Wrong! Some players just dismounts their "vehicle" and leaves it there to.. well to do nothing. Suddenly it runs off and we have a berserk 1000 pound battering ram charging in to people dueling. Kill them when you have the chance! This includes the jousters. We do not want any stray horses..

Banhammer!
th_knock_some_sense_into.gif

As posted before, our handling with rule-violates will be harsher. Now we know you've visited this thread to join our server or you've asked around to receive the password (which is wrong). Either way you have to follow the rules and there are no excuses.
Follow the rules and enjoy our server.

Others:

Jousting areas! The Green area is where all jousting should take place. Yellow area must be confirmed by us. But we rather you not use those areas because of spawn points and/or their general location.
The Red area isn't negotiable and is punishable by death! (more of a ban really). The red spots are there mainly because of the majority of the spawn points and are strictly forbidden!
And you may noticed that some maps have a "Green Square". These places allow you to not only joust but to fight on horse back.
(Click to enlarge the images)
Ruins

Field by the river

Ruined fort

Village

Snowy village

Einherjar/Shieldings practices takes place on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 19.00 UTC.
The server will be locked with a "new password". You may join the server later when we are done.

UTC/GMT EU

"The server is locked and I can't get in. Why?!"
If it's Wednesdays or Saturdays the Einherjar and Shieldings clan have their practices in the server. You will not be able to enter the server..
The Einherjar Tournament will also take place on the last Friday of every month at 18.00-22.00.

"I was banned for [reason] and I can't come in again."
Bans will only last for 45 minutes. Come back later.
You will be banned for braking the rules or behaving childish, utter racism or similar.
We can do mistakes. We are but human. Admin bans are permanent bans..

"Can you ban [name]? He messes up the server!"
We can't always be in-game and bad things do happen. And we do not have "Great admin" powers so we can't perm-ban anyone. Sometimes twats enters the server and the duelists will have to deal with it when we aren't around.

Holmgang
(If you don't know or if you're interested in the meaning of this word; Here)​

Good idea posting a password here, i heard one of you guys had to kick/ban a load of new players the other day for disobeying the rules (i guess thats why the pword).

Well its a good idea in my opinion ... since the beta went public and new players probably didn't realize that :grin: I hope now we can start enjoying dueling again :grin:

Many thanks to the Einherjar Clan!

Good thing swearing isn't against the rules, yet. I still keep getting kicked for it.  :razz:

Ah right. I'm chuffed to little happy bits that Jousting is still allowed. Now let's just hope the general sentiment of "maul every horseman you see, even if they're obviously in a duel" fades. :razz:

Good. Grand. I hope everyone will follow those rules. (Even the moderation!)

You didn't mention how to greet when using a shield though. Some players put away their shield and draw it after greeting and some players hold up their shield and sort of nod it upwards.

Yeah that too. I generally only  fight with shield if someone challenges me while I have my shield at the ready though.

"Thrown weapons is a major violation to the rules!" I think that thrown vs thrown still should be allowed (away from others ofcourse) its so much fun.

FrisianDude said:

You didn't mention how to greet when using a shield though. Some players put away their shield and draw it after greeting and some players hold up their shield and sort of nod it upwards.
There's the awnser :wink:

Fennris said:
"Thrown weapons is a major violation to the rules!" I think that thrown vs thrown still should be allowed (away from others ofcourse) its so much fun.
Well, I rather people didn't. If I see "Fenris *throwing axe* Blodshammar" I'll be tempted to bring forward my banhammer :wink:

I went to join Server, and it asked for password. I realized I forgot it, even though I had looked at it 5 seconds before, so I brainstormed and tried to come up with the password... it was an epic fail. I concluded it was something to do with ham, and then comenced wasting the next 10 minutes typing in anything dealing ith ham.

Conclusion: I'm an idiot.

This seems like a good approach. I was gonna bump my duel gamemode suggestion because of constantly having to vote out dolts who don't know what the rules are or just ignore them.

BlodsHammar said:
FrisianDude said:

There's the awnser :wink:

That's fairly hard to discern though. Especially with for example a Huscarls' shield.

Nahkuri said:
This seems like a good approach. I was gonna bump my duel gamemode suggestion because of constantly having to vote out dolts who don't know what the rules are or just ignore them.

If this suggestion involves being invulnerable to attacks  from people you're not duelling with you have my vote.

I hope people get the signal. Greeting should be done in a "stand-still", not while running, and the one you challenge should get the point if you do acrobatic things with your shield. Get their attention by jumping or whatnot. Perhaps a "kick"(?) from a distance of corpse. Since the ban-hammer is lurking and is ever so vigilant.

Fine idea this Blodshammar, it certainly seems necessary ( for now, at least ), I'm only a bit sad that those many, many players ( and yes they are many, I think at least 60%, and not lamers all of them ) who never attends the forums will never have the pleasure of joining us.

Edit :
There is no password on the server right now, and not since I logged in at 12:00 GMT+1, nor is there any Welcome Text besides just "Duel Server" ?

Sadly there will be less activity. But there will only be proper duels.
We don't wish to cut off the dueling for players but this is the only way for now to keep the order.

Password and new welcoming text will be right up! We are not machines and we said 15/2 - when we wake up :wink:

The Jousting/ Melee zones and will soon get a "zone-overhaul" explaining EXACTLY where you can joust.
Those pictures that are up gives too much room for misunderstandings and misinterpretations.

Rules will be more refined too. Just to avoid any loopholes someone may find.
All the admins will gather and discuss this later.

Back
Top Bottom