Ehh refunded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt it man. I've never been as instantly disappointed with a game in my life. The controls are just unplayable. Also even on a rather new machine the hiccups are constant and annoying. i9 with a gtx 2080 ect.
The controls are pretty much identical to Warband?

I mean... I've criticized the game on some points, as it definitely has issues, but combat is not one of them. The combat is basically an improved Warband and it feels very satisfying. The game is new and of course it will take some time getting used to it again, however you must be smoking something if you think it has been dumbed down for console players. Like... what?

Sure, you may not like directional blocking with shields, but aside from that, what is exactly the issue?

The fact that OP refunded Mordhau as well basically just means he likes to buy games from indie developers and then get mad because they did not live up to his AAA+ expectations. Mordhau is an excellect game considering how small their studio is, perhaps he just got rekt by too many thrown mauls to the face and refunded the game cause he sucked at it.

There's nothing wrong with criticism and talking about crippling issues but the OP just seemed to be malding and it was pretty funny to watch.

I'll cut you all some slack and say that I can agree that 50€ for a game that, while in EA, is a bit too much considering it's incomplete and has a lot of issues, however they apologized for it and they are literally patching the game on a daily basis. I too am a bit sad about the game not living up to my expectations, but it hasn't been that bad that I felt like refunding it. I've waited a long time for Bannerlord like everyone else, played the beta for a bit, and it's up to the community and the devs to make it into a work of art.

If you hate the game so much, stop playing and wait another year for it to be polished. Cause in the end, it clearly states it is an EA game and it will undoubtedly have issues.

What part of the description of early access you didn't understood?
Don't ****ing pay for early access games if you don't like the concept, it is that easy.
But don't act dumber than you are.

All I asked was what the difference is between a full release and early access, because excluding player expectations, there isn't one. It's ridiculous for people to brush off all the issues with the game as "it's early access and the developers said so", assuming all these issues will somehow get fixed just because of this abstract label.

"Early Access" is a PR term, nothing else. It's a way of managing expectations prior to a release.

Think of it this way: if Taleworlds hadn't said that this was an early access release, what would be the difference? Would they work on patches faster? Slower? Would there be more features? Fewer?

The only reason why some people are holding off from criticising the game is because the "early access" label has succeeded in making people assume the "real game" is some time off in the future. But there is no difference between this and a game which releases and gets patched later, and it's by that metric that I'm criticising the game.

What Taleworlds has done is the equivalent of an artist meekly telling you that their painting isn't very good and they didn't spend very long on it. But frankly I don't care what the artist has to say if I'm expected to pay as if it is a released game, with all the pomp and ceremony of a full release.

I hate this "but it is EA111!!" argument.

If you sell the game then it is a realese. Thats all.

Becouse i saw so many games that was in early acces or beta for years.
"Early Access" is a PR term, nothing else. It's a way of managing expectations prior to a release.
It is exuse to sell unfinished mess.

"This is EA" guys in 2020.... ffs gamer community will never has brain.

Last edited:
Experiencing lags while having good FPS is a Windows 10 related problem. There are workarounds for it, like deactivating Realtek Audio and Cortana, having a lot of RAM, etc.
I posted a list of all things I did to get rid of it in this thread (it's the 12th comment). And my PC's specs aren't that great, it's up to you.

Happy Easter everyone, stay healthy, and most important: Less Talking, More Raiding! ?

If you sell the game then it is a realese. Thats all.

You're right, it is an early access release. Perhaps you should read upon it what it actually means instead of throwing a temper tantrum.

Becouse i saw so many games that was in early acces or beta for years.

So? It'll probably take a good amount of months, maybe even half a year or perhaps even a full year before Bannerlord is completely polished, with new content and who knows what else, plus a plethora of mods. You can either accept this or stay mad.

It is exuse to sell unfinished mess.

???
Sure, Bannerlord launch was an absolute disaster, but after a few days the majority of game breaking and save corrupting issues were fixed.

Neither will you, apparently. Nor your English. If you buy an EA game and then get so upset about it, perhaps you should try and relax for a bit. Early access is a thing nowadays, so get over it.

We are hoping to run a productive and efficient early access for M&B Bannerlord as well. However, due to the nature and scale of game that we have envisioned, there may be various problems or missing features and content during the course of early access. Here are a few aspects you may need to know:

I cut the list of issues listed

Developing M&B Bannerlord has been, and continues to be a fabulous experience for us, and we are excited to be walking the final phase of this journey together with our players. Of course, you may prefer to wait a little bit longer and hold off until the final, finished product. In this case, please consider adding the game to your wishlist and you’ll receive an email when we release the full version.”

Refund it, no one cares. I'll be playing end enjoying the (unfinished but more fun than anything else I enjoy) game. If you aren't having fun, go have fun somewhere else. I hated Fallout and didnt spam thier forums, I dont understand people who do.

2020. Players defend Early acces games. Thats why we have this game in this state right now. 8 years of development...It looks like 1,5 years. And another year to fix it.

2020. Players defend Early acces games. Thats why we have this game in this state right now. 8 years of development...It looks like 1,5 years. And another year to fix it.
i think they start working in the current version of the game in the end of 2016 considering that they were planing to release some form of game in that time.

Becouse i saw so many games that was in early acces or beta for years. It is exuse to sell unfinished mess.
Earning money by releasing early access games is only a thing among indie developers, and while it's true that some devs never get finished (mostly the one-dev-teams), others do program their games to the end. And most gamers are fully aware of this!

On the other hand the majority of games start with a full release and I've never seen an AAA title being released EA (well, companies like Bethesda throw buggy products on the market calling them finished).

The reason we get Bannerlord in early access is because we demanded it (Bannerlord when?), and I personally am a fan of the idea, this way the community can influence some of the features the game will have.

But maybe I just lack brain to see through the conspiracy, like all the rest of the community... ?

Last edited:
There should be a system where if you refunded, the next time it costs double :lol: I dunno how it would work but I think it would be funny.

The game is awesome dude. Had my OMG moment yesterday in SP. Enjoying myself greatly.

I only play singleplayer and having played original M&B, then Warband, Napoleon, Vikings, I have to say that I am very happy with this EA release.
I got it 10 days after release, so I cannot say anything about release issue and first bugs, neither do I play multiplayer.

But the singleplayer experience has been great so far for me. Sure, there is missing content, and basically the only viable way for you to play atm is to become a lord and eventually found a kingdom.
Other than one crash and the occassional battle not starting, I have not experienced any bugs either. I have to admit though that I am not actively hunting or provoking bugs.

But combat, troops, equipment, city management, politics, warfare, long-term campaign with clans... everything better than in warband.
And from this point on, it can only get better.

I only play singleplayer and having played original M&B, then Warband, Napoleon, Vikings, I have to say that I am very happy with this EA release.
I got it 10 days after release, so I cannot say anything about release issue and first bugs, neither do I play multiplayer.

But the singleplayer experience has been great so far for me. Sure, there is missing content, and basically the only viable way for you to play atm is to become a lord and eventually found a kingdom.
Other than one crash and the occassional battle not starting, I have not experienced any bugs either. I have to admit though that I am not actively hunting or provoking bugs.

But combat, troops, equipment, city management, politics, warfare, long-term campaign with clans... everything better than in warband.
And from this point on, it can only get better.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom