Ehh refunded it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever issues you're having do not make the game unplayable for the majority of the people who can actually play it, what do you not get? If 200k people are IN-GAME and playing the game right now, in it's EA state, then how does that not qualify as EA? I'm a little perplexed by your reasoning here. I understand you're upset that you cannot play the Early Access title you paid for but that's what comes with the territory when you fund a game that's still in-dev.

Settle down with all the name-calling and insults as well, your issue will get resolved and you'll get to play the game too.

Just a short explanation, without going into in-depth discussion with someone with 0 empathy.

I'm also being counted as one of those 200k online people. My "played time" is ticking whenever I hit the "play" button on Steam. The game launcher starts and that's enough for Steam to count me as one of those "happy" players. It doesn't matter that whenever I start the actual game it crashes.

Now, if you look at technical issues section, you will see that my case is not the only one. There are lots of people having the same issue as I am (crash on 2nd loading screen, same error log) but there's even more people having other issues. All of us are counted into yours 200k online.

Didnt you make a post where you stated that you refunded it?

Even if he refunded it he can still express his opinion on a faulty product he bought as a customer.

Just a short explanation, without going into in-depth discussion with someone with 0 empathy.

I'm also being counted as one of those 200k online people. My "played time" is ticking whenever I hit the "play" button on Steam. The game launcher starts and that's enough for Steam to count me as one of those "happy" players. It doesn't matter that whenever I start the actual game it crashes.

Now, if you look at technical issues section, you will see that my case is not the only one. There are lots of people having the same issue as I am (crash on 2nd loading screen, same error log) but there's even more people having other issues. All of us are counted into yours 200k online.

Even if he refunded it he can still express his opinion on a faulty product he bought as a customer.
That's unfortunate, yet it still doesn't justify your asinine statement about this product not being playable. It absolutely is but just not for you due to unforeseen issues they couldn't have accounted for. That's part of the EARLY ACCESS process, my guy. If you aren't able to cope with that or understand that this sort of process involves many issues and bugs, etc, then maybe you should have held off on purchasing.\

But yet again, to state the obvious, 200k+ people are able to play the game in its current state despite you attempting to shovel even those with issues into that head count.

Last edited:
I play it on a 4 years old gaming laptop with GTX1060 on very high settings and I did have a few frame drops in huge battles, other than this, I have around 30 hours of gameplay so far and I quite enjoy it. The combat in the beginning seems a bit clunky and hard to control, until you get used to it. Not sure what is the fuss about ... let people refund it if they want to. I don't understand why the need to post "I refunded this ... ". Do you want a cookie, applause, standing ovation, a monument in central square ?

Calling an early access game that just released a "faulty product" is funny though. That's literally what "Early access" means !!!! It's a faulty, unfinished, unpolished and buggy product !!! You got exactly what is advertised !!! Why in the name of God would you buy it knowing that it is faulty, unfinished, unpolished and buggy only for you to complain about it ?

I just bought the game because I want to support it and I know that it can become great but devs have families and need to eat too. They did a really great job so far and they do deserve my support at least. They are also pushing bugfixes and improvements every couple of days.

As a customer that bought a faulty game, I'm proud to support the game and also proud to report any bugs that I find, so that the game can become in the future what is supposed to be.

It is ok if other don't want to wait until the game becomes better, you could have just waited 6 months - 1 year until they fix it and polish it.

As a customer that received exactly what they paid for you can always refund it or help by reporting bugs. This negativity helps no one and it's not productive in any way.

I started playing playing Warband around 2010 and I can say that this is one of the most helpful and nicest communities around the "internets" and the modding community is just insane. This game is free if you take into account the thousands of hours that you can spend in it and it will get better, I'm sure. even if the devs do nothing more, the modding community will do wonders with this game in less than 1 year. I remember being ones of the first to buy Kingdom Come Deliverance and it was also a total mess when releases. That, my friend, is what a total mess looks like !!! That one was truly unplayable. Banerlord is a jewel by comparison.

I guess my conclusion is: if you don't want to be support an awesome game, at least try not to be negative only for the sake of being negative.

Sorry for the late answer,
saying specific functions of a game are a certain way is not generalisations when they specify potentially or easily measured things
What I meant by generalization is "I don't share the same opinions as you, so what? You can't tell me to leave the forums."
You are right about better or worse being purely subjective, because you did not include the potentially objective reasons why
There isn't a subjective thing in an objective thing. Saying archery is bad is entirely subjective, saying there is performance issues is entirely objective since you can prove it.
I dont see how you can consider it superior, archery includes archers. Archers in warband had ~3x the range of rocklobbing looters, bannerlord has about equal. therefore warband archers =/= bannerlord archers. Also health pools are higher in bannerlord and therefore a lot of things at the moment are watered down in comparison
So? maybe I liked higher health pools or rocklobbing looters?
also i just said it is better, and i said why. ironic. im not going to argue with someone that uses the point i dont understand the difference between subjective and objective when i used a literally measurable difference between the two. which should of been a given
This word has many applications, for example the depth of play in businesses is far inferior to warband, the campaign getting cut very short by the current unreliable faction AI performance overall and its logic, combat is far skewed from that of warband (to be expected), archery is far weaker, the AI doesnt fire at an appreciable range for archers, the damage attenuation is huge, horseback one handed involved having to salute the ground every time you want to dome some poor sop.
Yes its EA, but yes its also very hit and miss.
But.. you said this like an objective thing. I can't see any "for me, imp" etc. these things are bad in your opinion, not in my opinion.
I have made specific replies to specific people saying arbitrary or outright unnecessary dribble stating the obvious,
Nice to hear.
throwing shade meaning offering subjective bias and nothing else on what should be a constructive
Yes, I didn't throw shade to anyone who is talking about objective things and subjective things (I know you didn't mean "you did!")
critical and report based or similar set of threads discussing things, not unnecessarily arguing moot points. like claiming i cant understand something you couldnt take the time to think about and imagine what obvious reasons would support my statement. instead i had to educate you on what you seem so self serving and elitist about
I don't know why are you so toxic and how can you call me elitist without knowing me but there is nothing that supports your statement. Also I couldn't understand a damn thing but If I understood correctly:
or example the depth of play in businesses is far inferior to warband, the campaign getting cut very short by the current unreliable faction AI performance overall and its logic, combat is far skewed from that of warband (to be expected), archery is far weaker, the AI doesnt fire at an appreciable range for archers, the damage attenuation is huge, horseback one handed involved having to salute the ground every time you want to dome some poor sop
isn't this arguing moot points? this clearly isn't critical and constructive.

It just an excuse devs use to release ****ty games then fall back behind "it's EA" when it sucks.

Then after they get their money they stop working on it and abandon it.

They've pretty much updated every day since EA release...

They are doing exactly what EA is meant for; use player input and improve the game. Unlike some other devs who do what you described.

It just an excuse devs use to release ****ty games then fall back behind "it's EA" when it sucks.

Then after they get their money they stop working on it and abandon it.

Said "Mr bought it back after refund" :wink:

Well you've been there since 2005, so you know you are wrong regarding TW, you know it but still you want to damage them because you are an unhappy traditionalist. They have ALWAYS worked on their game to improve them after release (remember Warband release?).

You are just seeking attention with your drama posts. And unfortunatly we are arguing about that :smile:

Steam has a refund policy that require you to have the game less than 2 weeks and played less than 2 hours otherwise you can not get a refund.

I knew where I got myself into by buying an early access game. Some people apparently anticipated this game as the next coming of Jesus Christ and then get disappointed because the controls are not to their liking and the invert mouse option is not there, better refund it quickly before i play more than 2 hours. GTFO ?

Said "Mr bought it back after refund" :wink:

Well you've been there since 2005, so you know you are wrong regarding TW, you know it but still you want to damage them because you are an unhappy traditionalist. They have ALWAYS worked on their game to improve them after release (remember Warband release?).

You are just seeking attention with your drama posts. And unfortunatly we are arguing about that :smile:
TW 2020 isn't TW 2005.

They've pretty much updated every day since EA release...

They are doing exactly what EA is meant for; use player input and improve the game. Unlike some other devs who do what you described.

This is not Early Access, its early open Alpha. The amount of gamebreaking bugs ist insanely high. An early access version should have a stable foundation, not a gamebreaking and crashing bugfiesta. Its not our job to limit and bugtest a very basic version of a game, wich currently is nothing more than a graphical upgrade of the previous title with a AAA pricetag.

TW 2020 isn't TW 2005.

And M&B 2020 isnt M&B 2005, so what? You want us back with just Zendar tavern as a game? joking.

Original M&B was a shareware for almost 5 years before its official release in 2008, i bought the shareware in 2005 and since you seem to be here from that period you know how it was then before release. And still after release it was improved. Warband was a closed beta for almost a year before its "catastrophic" release in 2010, and it became a good stable game after much needed patches only 1.5 year after.
Now we have Early Access, i guess i'm just the 100th guy trying to explain what EA means. Well for you EA means "plz give us money, and we're gonna screw you after not fixing bugs", that's your opinion, and my opinion is you are dishonest, disappointed and frustrated because of unmet expectations you had (your other thread about that), or game design choice you dont agree with, so you are going around posting this kind of stuff to vent your feelings...

And again you are wrong about EA. Where is EA different from shareware model for original M&B? Where is EA different from preorder for Warband? EA allows you to have access to a not finished product, basically you pay and you have the opportunity to play or test the game, as you prefer, and submit feedback. Here you (and many others) just behave like if the game was a full release, and you perfectly are aware it isnt but you ignore it on purpose and just want to voice your frustration.

There is a difference in putting tape on an unfinished product, and finishing the product.

And you just confirmed what i wrote above... Well hopefully some time from now people will enjoy playing the game, while you alone in your corner will keep lamenting about the dream game you had. Well make your own studio and enlight us :smile:

This is not Early Access, its early open Alpha.

I think you dont know what Alpha means. Alpha meaning in game dev is when the core mechanics are still not defined, which isnt the case here. What we have here is more like an early open beta a.k.a early access as widely understood on Steam, after the closed beta TW did.

And M&B 2020 isnt M&B 2005, so what? You want us back with just Zendar tavern as a game? joking.

Original M&B was a shareware for almost 5 years before its official release in 2008, i bought the shareware in 2005 and since you seem to be here from that period you know how it was then before release. And still after release it was improved. Warband was a closed beta for almost a year before its "catastrophic" release in 2010, and it became a good stable game after much needed patches only 1.5 year after.
Now we have Early Access, i guess i'm just the 100th guy trying to explain what EA means. Well for you EA means "plz give us money, and we're gonna screw you after not fixing bugs", that's your opinion, and my opinion is you are dishonest, disappointed and frustrated because of unmet expectations you had, or game design choice you dont agree with, so you are going around posting this kind of stuff to vent your feelings...

And again you are wrong about EA. Where is EA different from shareware model for original M&B? Where is EA different from preorder for Warband? EA allows you to have access to a not finished product, basically you pay and you have the opportunity to play or test the game, as you prefer, and submit feedback. Here you (and many others) just behave like if the game was a full release, and you perfectly are aware it isnt but you ignore it on purpose and just want to voice your frustration.

And you just confirmed what i wrote above... Well hopefully some time from now people will enjoy playing the game, while you alone in your corner will keep lamenting about the dream game you had. Well make your own studio and enlight us :smile:

I think you dont know what Alpha means. Alpha meaning in game dev is when the core mechanics are still not defined, which isnt the case here. What we have here is more like an early open beta a.k.a early access as widely understood on Steam, after the closed beta TW did.

I don't know about improved. I still say the best M&B has ever been was back when Sword Sisters, Black Plate, and the fast backwards running existed.

I don't know about improved. I still say the best M&B has ever been was back when Sword Sisters, Black Plate, and the fast backwards running existed.

Haaaa the irony :wink:

Lets talk about this after the official release of the game (not current EA), and see how you will feel about the game then. I bet you are (like myself) an avid (but disapointed for your part) fan of M&B, i just hope for all that Bannerlord will improve. I, as you, am not 100% happy with the game, but i know what early access means, and as hungry as i am for this game, i'm putting my feelings aside and i'm giving feedbacks when i feel the need to (taking into account developers game design choice), i'm waiting for the final product release to fully experience it.

All your posts just show your love for M&B in fact hehe :lol:

Last edited:

I disagree. Alpha is mostly used to find and fix bugs. Thats what we do. The core mechanics may be defined, but not all of them are working. This is just a big bug fixing event wich we paid for. At this point, it has less game mechanics than Warband.

I have played many Early Acess titles, and none had this many gamebreaking bugs and crashes. You can only complete 3 steps of the goddamn MAIN quest. How can anyone defend this?

They may have developed a new engine for 3 years. But showing off this, after then 5 years of active developing the game is a lackbuster. It literally feals as Warband light with graphical upgrade and an insane amount of bugs..

Ive tested a lot of games, usualy patch 1 at week at most, Taleworlds has been giving out consistent updates and im impressed.

This is Early Access, you are supposed to be testing and reporting.

I'm sure the 470+ other negative reviews having the exact same issues are full of it as well? The frame rate is great, the damn thing just hiccup-lags every few seconds.

As for the controls... directional blocking only and no inverse mouse movement? (The only option I ever used.) The controls are basically a less responsive Mordhau at this point, and I refunded that one as well.

well directional blocking only makes things harder for both controller and mouse players. but the no inverse mouse sucks for u if that's ur goto. perhaps u can bind a button to flip it in ur mouses software? I doubt it tho. but as for me my game has ran smooth as butter on ultra 1980p with a rtx2080 and a watercooled 4090k

Edit:
also im not sure if u stuck thru till they patched the memory leak but after my game ran for hours on hours it would start to hiccup and i would just restart the game. since they patched that i haven't had any issues with the hiccups no matter how long i've played.

i also did a complete format and reinstalled windows the day before this game came out. i've avoided installing unnessary things this time. no mouse software. no audio software just drivers. no games im not currently playing (codmw and bannerlord are the only things i have installed). i also haven't used this pc for web browsing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom