Eh... crazy idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Wlodowiec

Sergeant at Arms
Hi guys, here I have a crazy idea, surely impossible to conclude, difficult to achieve, so please dont complain about me :razz:

In the latest two months I'm playing in a RP server in PW. I also remembered that there was one PW-ish server of the ancient age but now I think its dead... Nevermind; by the way, I was just thinking of how enormously cool would be to have a RP PW server of your mod. Conquer for Rome being a legionary, planning riots with the Gauls in the Padan flat, sailing with the Greeks.. Just wow. All of this with your unbelievable skills on modding and texturing.

Just sayin'...

Your n'1 fan.  :grin:

I'm sure you are not alone in your crazy idea, but the fact of the matter is this mod is already fine as it is without the need of imposing a tiresome RPG mechanic to it. If you want to play a a PW mod involving this time period than I implore you to turn your attention to Roma Oritur, which I believe is suppose to take place during the second Punic War. Sorry for being a negative nancy, I've grown a certain dislike for PW mods and how easily it can be exploited in some cases by undesirables. I mean don't get me wrong, PW mods can be fun once in awhile if they are moderated but they won't be fun for everyone and there will not be a moderator around 24/7 to keep things in check. PW mods outside of PW itself (such as Persistent Sagas, Persistent Frontier, etc) also tend to not be as successful as their predecessor so the work tends to be for naught.

Déorláf said:
I'm sure you are not alone in your crazy idea, but the fact of the matter is this mod is already fine as it is without the need of imposing a tiresome RPG mechanic to it. If you want to play a a PW mod involving this time period than I implore you to turn your attention to Roma Oritur, which I believe is suppose to take place during the second Punic War. Sorry for being a negative nancy, I've grown a certain dislike for PW mods and how easily it can be exploited in some cases by undesirables. I mean don't get me wrong, PW mods can be fun once in awhile if they are moderated but they won't be fun for everyone and there will not be a moderator around 24/7 to keep things in check. PW mods outside of PW itself (such as Persistent Sagas, Persistent Frontier, etc) also tend to not be as successful as their predecessor so the work tends to be for naught.

How is Roma Oritur? I thought it was dead... If it is not... Well, I istantly download it!
PW servers are cancerogenous if you play them randomly, but I can assure you the CRP server, for example, is like a standalone mod by itself. I would have an orgasm to have something like that for this mod, really.

Heinrik von Waiblingen said:
PW servers are cancerogenous if you play them randomly, but I can assure you the CRP server, for example, is like a standalone mod by itself. I would have an orgasm to have something like that for this mod, really.
You would have an orgasm and none of actual makers of the mod (well, okay, I'd only make the scene so #laziest dev) would get paid. Pretty sure that counts as theft in a few states and certain colored districts. So in short, this mod won't be Persistent and while I like the board activity, this probably isn't the correct place to have a conversation about it. Déorláf summed up my feelings on PW mods. To answer the question: sadly Roma Oritur is indeed dead.

E: The "colored districts" refers to red, not race. Damn the internet for making me feel like that needs to be pointed out.

While I admire the coding and effort that went on to make the PW mod and some of the major submods, it doesn't appeal to me at all and I've had nothing but bad experiences when playing. Admittedly I've played without a group of friends or acquaintances so I might have missed on the fun aspects  but I had a good glance of all the bad ones, the player-base being one of the worst offenders. There just seems to be something about PW mods and drama.
I've counted at least 3 attempts at making a PW mod based around the Roman era and the most successful so far lasted a couple of months before dying and attempted to be revived multiple times with little to no success. I don't think anyone in the mod team (except maybe Theretor but shhh) that would be willing to make it happen.
I've had crazy ideas too but PW RaW is pretty much where I draw the line  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom