EHNRwG.jpg

Vb6lKk.jpg

UIBkKh.jpg

QOSCHV.jpg

XM0EbB.jpg

Rjd3Ep.jpg

1pnjF0.jpg

Revanstein said:
My goal is to transform the "generic" quest system, into an authentic, atmospheric, back-story driven quest system which remakes the game in this divisive time in Egyptian history... starting with the New Player quest (which is a great chance to add character... but in native, is generic-extreme)...

I have a very specific back-story written for this game (of course how much a player decides to take note, or just focus on the action is up to them).

Sounds awesome. Really looking forward to playing this.  :grin:

Love the theme, but... why don't you help the guy of Shadows in the Desert to finish that started project? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=163533.0

They are looking for a scripter, and this could be you. With no doubt Shadows in the Desert has a lot of work done yet, and with one or two helping hands could be finally released.

I have made... three offers already.  He's not really "looking".  He is self-admittedly "tired" of his mod and not interested.

On a related note - If I can get some of the content from his mod, I will surely give him credit.  I never wanted to see all that work go to waste...but it is, and I can't do anything about it.

---

Sooo... I am drinking Hibiscus Tea (Egyptian), Playing my TW Egyptian Mods (and Civ Egypt mod), and SMITE (featuring a plethora of Egyptian gods).  Keeping the theme strong. Feel free to join me on SMITE... if you do, please use this link (consider it a way of helping support me as I keep my Egyptian theme mod working toward)

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/default.aspx?referral=1200418&utm_campaign=email

:smile: how about using Ancient derogatory terms such as Hapiro (semetic) or Apiru (egyptian),
for example - Apiru rebels,  Apiru outlaws,  Apiru raiders, Apiru bandits, Apiru mercenaries,
or even Apiru runaway slaves...etc.

UGvfKe.jpg

Revanstein said:
I have made... three offers already.  He's not really "looking".  He is self-admittedly "tired" of his mod and not interested.

On a related note - If I can get some of the content from his mod, I will surely give him credit.  I never wanted to see all that work go to waste...but it is, and I can't do anything about it.

This is really sad to read. Please, try to get all the items and textures. You can revive this mod!!

Why don't modders take the time to properly back-up their work?

Yeeeaaaah.

The good news is that, I have hard-copy documentations for the mod, structure, scripts, trees, etc.  Should be back up soon.

how about including Mitanni as a playable faction?  :grin:
you can give them a mixture of Canaanite and Hittite troops

Near_East_1400_BCE.png

Also, :smile: would be great if you can include an element of fantasy into the atmosphere,
for example some factions may invoke their own "Patron War God" to take part in the battle,
(in a similar manner to the Ushabti in the War-sword Conquest mod, but with only one giant, invincible figure)
this could take place if the Faction leader himself was accompanying the army
or if the player seeked the help of priests before the campaign!

tumblr_mzofrgGYn41sbleazo3_1280.jpg

for example:

Egyptians / Ay / Horemheb - Horus

Nubians / Hyxsos / Libu - Seth

115677.jpg

Set_Horus.jpg

Sea people / settled Philistines - Dagon?

dagon6.jpg

Dagon1.jpg

Dagon_2.jpg

2nG7kc.jpg

Hitties and Mitani - Teshub

teshup.jpg

aob23wall1024.jpg

Mods would be simply amazing if they had everything matmohair1 wants them to have :grin:

A strong presence of the Hittites as a npc faction will be in the game -  consider them the Black Knights of the old original pre-release M&B original.

There are several variations of the mod that can be done.  Fantasy settings help.  At this moment, my vision is a realistic variation of fantasy - that is to say, the atmosphere in my finished vision of the game will have a strong back-story set in the world that the people of that day, thought was real - which would be somewhat fantasy by our standards... but not really fantasy.

Revanstein said:
Why don't modders take the time to properly back-up their work?

Yeeeaaaah.

The good news is that, I have hard-copy documentations for the mod, structure, scripts, trees, etc.  Should be back up soon.

I learned that the hard way once. Now I make multiple back ups of the things I'm working on for a mod, because I've messed up so many things with my tinkering it's not even funny. Thankfully the backups have saved me from having to completely start over.

:grin:

bbDgst.jpg

88016153.jpg

kraggrim said:
What culture are these fellows from? The helmets look rather familiar but I can't place it.
Sea People, Sherden, Philistine...etc :arrow: http://www.salimbeti.com/micenei/sea.htm

seapeoples32.jpg
seapeoples86.jpg
seapeoples90.jpg
seapeoples88.jpg

seapeoples19.jpg
seapeoples20.jpg
seapeoples21.jpg
seapeoples22.jpg

seapeoples81.jpg
seapeoples82.jpg
seapeoples83.jpg
seapeoples84.jpg

seapeoples12.jpg

seapeoples72.jpg

seapeoples93.jpg

Heroes_Witch_King said:
Mods would be simply amazing if they had everything matmohair1 wants them to have :grin:
:mrgreen: Then how about an "Eldritch" side quest?!

the_scroll_of_the_black_pharaoh_by_jasonmckittri.jpg

"I talked with the mind ... of Khephnes, an Egyptian of the 14th Dynasty,
who told me the hideous secret of Nyarlathotep,..."
The Shadow Out of Time/Chapter IV

"And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening beating of drums,
and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond Time;
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic,
tenebrous ultimate gods - the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep."
H.P.Lovecraft

:twisted: happy Halloween!

Not so much of an update, just wanted to let you know, the mod is still very much alive... I on the other hand feel dead lol.  Very very sick, which is making my redesigning progress buggy as hell.

Revanstein said:
Not so much of an update, just wanted to let you know, the mod is still very much alive... I on the other hand feel dead lol.  Very very sick, which is making my redesigning progress buggy as hell.

Wish you the best :wink: when you can continue with this great mod

Back
Top Bottom