EGIII Development (v0.95e PATCH)

Users who are viewing this thread

lol i just dont wanna get anywhere in the game cause it keeps poppin up da unable to save game error. lol whats da point of gettin far in it when u cant save

alhoon said:
oh, oh... not this argument again.  :roll:
Back in EGII there was a new non-save compatible patch every so often that people complained about it.
Well " :lol:" should make clear that I was joking, right?
And why would I complain anyhow? If I'd like to keep the old save I just wouldn't patch.

Maybe it was random but something I noticed: I fought a battle together with King Ragnar and after everything was over his troops ran over to where he stood and started cheering around him. That was neat. And if it's something EG III did and thus not some random behaviour, that's even cooler.

Deathcol45 said:
ok im back again. how do i fix the Error, Cannot Save Game. nothing will save for me at all

did you start new game?
maybe try downloading the full 0.95e archive off mbrepository

Wellenbrecher said:
Maybe it was random but something I noticed: I fought a battle together with King Ragnar and after everything was over his troops ran over to where he stood and started cheering around him. That was neat. And if it's something EG III did and thus not some random behaviour, that's even cooler.

yes, that's an EGIII feature: lords and elite units will from time to time gather lower tier units around them (and slightly heal them (rally))

So I applied the patch (twice, just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong) and nothing is changed. Titan bows are still 107 speed, Kerghit guards are still on horseback, and I'm still seeing inventors. Not sure what I did wrong but I've never had any trouble applying a patch before . . .

I too for some reason am still having fast titan bows and repeaters still are just requires 11. Haven't had any trouble patching anythign ever except this patch  :???:

Brizix said:
I too for some reason am still having fast titan bows and repeaters still are just requires 11. Haven't had any trouble patching anythign ever except this patch  :???:

I guess the difference in this patch is that you have to take the text files from Patch/'EG3files' folder in the patch and paste them over the text files in the mod folder, 'Expanded Gameplay III v...'
Before I included an extra copy of the text files, so you could just take everything from Patch folder and paste it into the mod folder.

Just occurred to me: are Shamans still mounted? That could mess with their army balance a little. A mounted healer could be an interesting novelty, but he won't be healing as many troops as he would if staying among the footmen. :idea:

hey Chel how do i keep my game from crashing, it will work for a couple of mins and then it will cut out. i downloaded da v0.95e version u told me to, when it crasheds it keeps talkin bout shadow quality or something

Deathcol45 said:
hey Chel how do i keep my game from crashing, it will work for a couple of mins and then it will cut out. i downloaded da v0.95e version u told me to, when it crasheds it keeps talkin bout shadow quality or something

reduce graphics quality (number of ragdolls, corspes, lower shadows). I'll try to improve performance in the next version.

Sibilance said:
Just occurred to me: are Shamans still mounted? That could mess with their army balance a little. A mounted healer could be an interesting novelty, but he won't be healing as many troops as he would if staying among the footmen. :idea:

I guess they are if Rongar made them so, I didn't change them back. Could be an interesting change, Khergits have cavalry healers so their cavalry can get healing easier in battle, infantry -- more difficult.

Archaon said:
is it possible to export character from 0.95b and import in 0.95e?

yes

Chel said:
Sibilance said:

I guess they are if Rongar made them so, I didn't change them back. Could be an interesting change, Khergits have cavalry healers so their cavalry can get healing easier in battle, infantry -- more difficult.

True. It even offers an interesting avenue to the player: having both foot and mounted healers for maximum survivability. Hooray, intriguing game mechanics! :eek:

So how specifically does one get a charm of fear in this new patch? Do you have to wound both bear clan leaders in a single party to make it drop, or can you capture 2 leaders from 2 separate parties and then "trade them in" for the trophy somewhere? I originally thought the second, but I have two bear clan leaders as prisoners and can't seem to figure out what to do with them.

Archaon said:
is it possible to export character from 0.95b and import in 0.95e?

yes
[/quote]

well I'm probably doing something wrong because although i have exported,i get an error when i import.Any suggestions?

Are you sure the characters name is spelled correctly? That's the only reason I can think of.

Having some problems installing the new patch and i would definitely appreciate any assistance. I've done the following three times.

1. Extract the .95b to the modules folder
2. Extract the files inside the EG3files folder directly into the main mod folder and write over all the files
3. Extract and replace the EG3source folder

Hey, I don't know if this has been mentioned, (or if it's even a bug), so... Anyway, I noticed that when I have the Charm of Fear in my inventory, people in towns and villages start running away from me. I suppose this wouldn't be much of a problem or anything, but it sometimes means that I have to chase a terrified weaponsmith down the street in order to speak with him... I even have to look all over for the guild master who ran off god knows where before I got to talk to him. I once even scared away my own prison guard, which might not be so good if you'd like him to keep an eye on the prisoners. :smile:

Wally3000 said:
Having some problems installing the new patch and i would definitely appreciate any assistance. I've done the following three times.

1. Extract the .95b to the modules folder
2. Extract the files inside the EG3files folder directly into the main mod folder and write over all the files
3. Extract and replace the EG3source folder

after step 1, copy the files of .95e eg3files folder (the actual files not the folder) and paste them over the files in .95b main mod folder.Not into the 95b eg3files folder.

After you do this, run the game and you should see the version of 0.95e patch at the bottom of the main menu screen of the game.

I don't think step 3 is required

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom