Native Completed [EFL] European Fantasy League - OGL'S TEAM CHAMPIONS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Deacon Barry said:
@Zaffa

You have same problem if you dont. Players are excluded by captains because they are worse than other options.
While captains are not required to play people in officials, WFL does require captains to contact players for all team events, including practice scrims and matches. I have also been contacting the captains and players on each team to make sure they haven't been excluded.

That said, no system is perfect, and I'm sure that players are excluded more than I would like. Ultimately, it comes down to balancing competition with inclusion.

My concern with mandating full inclusion was that it would mess up the competitive side of the tournament as teams will skirt the rules to varying degrees. Teams with a few high skill players and heavy inactivity among low skilled players would be benefited over a team with equally skilled players at the top (potentially more so) but high activity among worse players. Essentially, the winner will be decided by factors beyond "which team is the best" and "which team is the most dedicated".

If the goal is to get people into the competitive scene that wouldn't ordinarily have done so, I feel that the competitive scene goes beyond simply scrims. It includes attending practices and having captains ultimately play those he feels are best for the team in officials. That said, captains should do the best they can to work people in to practice matches. While there is no way to directly control this, discussions were held with captains during the draft and captains are still reminded to play their "newer" guys as much as possible in practices. By mandating full inclusion, I feel that players don't have to "earn" their playtime and fully experience what competitive is all about. You also run a chance of high hostility among teams that are going to lose a match because XXX player refused to show up to practice, isn't really listening to calls, and gets to play regardless. The result of this is a degrading of the competitive product that the tournament is putting forward. This will likely lead to inactivity among teams. People don't want to put effort into a tournament only to be tk'd by someone who doesn't practice but gets to play anyways.

That said, I am by no means saying that prioritizing the competitive side over the inclusion side is the right way to do things. It is simply the approach that WFL has taken for this particular format. EFL's decision to focus on inclusion over the competitive side is equally valid. I just feel like if you are going to force inclusion, there are several issues that are likely to emerge that don't seem to have adequately been taken into account.

As noted in an earlier post, I'm sure your tournament will be a great experience for its participants regardless.

Another reason for everyone to play was to make captains try to balance their  teams in the draft. Do you go big on one player or get two good players. It's tactical otherwise everyone would just buy a top 8 and most of the players would t get a look in

Prince 5 - 9 Robin

Fort of Honour:
C1GHM1K.jpg
a0kGqjJ.jpg

Reveran Village:
YRfqcsJ.jpg
RnYcB8T.jpg

§ 13 Match Format

Following the valid critique Zaffa brought up in his posts, we are changing the rules regarding player inclusion. We hope we have now found a decent compromise between the original idea of a scramble tournament and providing a competitive atmosphere that dedicated teams can strive in.

Because of the new substitution rule it would have theoretically been possible to put a player in for one round and then swap him out again using that one special substitution. Therefore we have defined three rounds as minimum playtime for everyone who meets the criteria.

Old Wording said:
(6) Following the original idea of the tournament, team captains have to ensure every player of their team who turns up before the first set started gets to play at least one set in the match.
New Wording said:
(6) Team captains have to ensure every player of their team who attended at least one training session and turns up before the first set started gets to play at least three rounds in a match.

§ 14 Substitutions

The rule we came up with in the previous rule change made things even less transparent. Therefore, we have now put in a place a rule that is easy to check and keep track of for everyone on the server. It won't be possible anymore to abuse substitution rules using fake crashes as an excuse.

Whilst we realise this might potentially cause issues for some teams, we are convined that abuse of this rule happens much more frequently than actually two players crashing. On top of that teams and especially the concerned players know themselves when their connection is unstable, therefore we encourage teams to communicate within the team to avoid dropouts during a set.

Old Wording said:
(2) If a player crashes on game, substitutions can be made after the round has ended though this is limited to one substitution per round. A player counts as crashed once he drops out of the server. Team captains have to provide the administration with a screenshot documenting the player dropping out of their voice server after the match to ensure it was an actual dropout.
New Wording said:
(1) Every team is allowed to make one substitution during a set for the entire match. Once they substituted a player during a set, they are not allowed to substitute any more players, regardless of the reason. This includes crashing.
(2) Substitutions between sets are allowed without restrictions.

Trades
All trades that have been posted here in the last couple of days have been approved by our committee for trades. Changes in the team rosters have been made accordingly.

Mistakes/Typos
We fixed all typos and mistakes in the OP, thank you for pointing them out, Ascarion.

Fraternity 9- 5 Arribros

Fort of Honour
S7Ep4Js.png

F61BCDF904DF1DBA782DC9FA9E109396A828E244

Reveran Village
EADD00C7FA064681889608380455E2BDFE21AFAF

enSvNUL.png

Was a good match, really enjoyable on our side. A bit unlucky for Charli's crashing mid-round, not really sure what happened but I hope it will get fixed and won't happen again. Apparently Tiger told us he had the same thing happening on Mercs once.

Tardet said:
Fraternity 9- 5 Arribros

Fort of Honour
S7Ep4Js.png

F61BCDF904DF1DBA782DC9FA9E109396A828E244

Reveran Village
EADD00C7FA064681889608380455E2BDFE21AFAF

Missing a screenshoot.

Was a good match, really enjoyable on our side. A bit unlucky for Charli's crashing mid-round, not really sure what happened but I hope it will get fixed and won't happen again. Apparently Tiger told us he had the same thing happening on Mercs once.
charli got kicked 4 times with a message "kicked from server" 1 time mid round, 1 time start of round and 2 times when he rejoined. I'm not sure what this was but hopefully it will be looked into.

Back
Top Bottom