Resolved Atmosphere Editor Editor is not WYSIWYG for custom worldmaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Modded
Main_map uses one cube map and one scatter map for each hour of a 24 hour cycle. They are in DXGI_Format_BC6H_UF16, which can't be exported by TpacTool, can't be displayed in the editor's texture inspector and can't be loaded into the editor's atmosphere inspector to see their effect on a scene in the editor. So we can't see them in action in the editor and can't export the textures to mod them. I presume the resource browser can import them, but I'm not in a position to check that assumption.
Zc057.jpg
This causes significant mismatches as can be seen in the next screenshot:
nkuRE.jpg
The top half is an in game screenshot with the bottom half from the editor. Both use a central europe colourgrade. It's middayish in game and the editor is using a TOD_12.00_Semi_Cloudy atmosphere and default cubemap, which clearly fails to replicate main_map_cubemap_12 and main_map_scattermap_12.
In the game the mesh rocks are darker than the terrain mountains. Whereas in the editor, the opposite is the case.
This makes it extremely difficult to adjust the colour of mesh rocks etc. to match the underlying terrain - becomes trial and error guesswork.

EDIT - cubemaps can be saved from the bottom of the scene options menu of the scene editor and are saved as skybox_cubemap.dds as 8192x6144 pixels in \Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_wEditor. These can be loaded into paint net, downsized to 1024x768 and saved in DXT5 format and imported for use as custom main_map_cubemaps in the resource browser. The save format used from paint net was:
Ppbfk.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm working on a mod and it's extremely difficult to get the colors of the main map to be as-desired due to my inability to properly view them (outside of loading the game) or to see them in the editor. Would +1 any solution to this issue.

Back
Top Bottom