Editing weapons damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

How do I edit weapons damage with out downloading some shady mod? I don't understand what the values and numbers mean. IE I want to change the damage, swing speed, etc. not just on this weapon but on all swords and maces, etc. If this is the wrong folder, the Spitems...Thanks guys. :smile:

<CraftedItem id="empire_mace_5_t5"
name="{=Kv4zAMIh}Cataphracts Mace"
crafting_template="Mace"
culture="Culture.empire">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="mace_head_7"
Type="Blade"
scale_factor="100" />
<Piece id="mace_handle_5"
Type="Handle"
scale_factor="100" />

crafting_pieces.xml in Native/ModuleData has the pieces and spitems shows you what pieces the weapons use. Change the properties of the pieces to change the weapons properties.

crafting_pieces.xml in Native/ModuleData has the pieces and spitems shows you what pieces the weapons use. Change the properties of the pieces to change the weapons properties.
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand what you mean. Look at this....Below, Which of these Numbers is Damage, which one is swing speed, The numbers DON"T match up in game as they did in warband, so it's not so easy to understand. The numbers are meaningless to me. Are those two different folders that you talk about? Thank you. It was much easier for me to edit things in the old game...
<CraftedItem id="empire_mace_5_t5"
name="{=Kv4zAMIh}Cataphracts Mace"
crafting_template="Mace"
culture="Culture.empire">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="mace_head_7"
Type="Blade"
scale_factor="100" />
<Piece id="mace_handle_5"
Type="Handle"
scale_factor="100" />

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand what you mean. Look at this....Below, Which of these Numbers is Damage, which one is swing speed, The numbers DON"T match up in game as they did in warband, so it's not so easy to understand. The numbers are meaningless to me. Are those two different folders that you talk about? Thank you. It was much easier for me to edit things in the old game...

Yes, they are in different folders. spitems.xml is the wrong file, it only shows you the default weapons, but those weapons are made from different pieces.

You want to look in Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\ModuleData
Find the file named crafting_pieces.xml
Look for the blade your weapon uses, it should look like this:
Code:
<CraftingPiece id="mace_head_7" name="{=IR8UeIRp}Cataphracts Mace Head" tier="5" piece_type="Blade" mesh="mace_head_7" length="22" weight="1.0" full_scale="true" excluded_item_usage_features="thrust">
    <PieceUsages unavailable_usages="" />
    <BladeData stack_amount="3" physics_material="wood_weapon" body_name="bo_mace_a">
      <Swing damage_type="Blunt" damage_factor="3.6" />
    </BladeData>
    <Materials>
      <Material id="Iron4" count="2" />
    </Materials>
  </CraftingPiece>
Adjust the damage_factor to your liking.

In-game, it will not match exactly, because of the physics based damage modelling. Things like weapon length, blade size, etc. have an effect on the damage and handling of a weapon.All of this new complexity is to support the crafting system.

I took a look at the xmls and it's pretty easy
I'll use an example because it's easier to understand
Lets take this weapon

<CraftedItem id="sturgia_sword_4_t4" name="A Long Warsword" crafting_template="OneHandedSword" culture="Culture.sturgia">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="sturgian_blade_2" Type="Blade" scale_factor="110" />
<Piece id="sturgian_guard_2" Type="Guard" scale_factor="100" />
<Piece id="sturgian_grip_7" Type="Handle" scale_factor="100" />
<Piece id="sturgian_pommel_8" Type="Pommel" scale_factor="100" />
</Pieces>
</CraftedItem>

If you want to change the amount of damage , swing or stab speed all you have to do is add to the crafted item (not the pieces although that's also a valid way) the values you want

<CraftedItem id="sturgia_sword_4_t4" name="A Long Warsword" crafting_template="OneHandedSword" culture="Culture.sturgia" swing_speed="80" thrust_speed="80" swing_damage="100" thrust_damage="100">
<Pieces>
<Piece id="sturgian_blade_2" Type="Blade" scale_factor="110" />
<Piece id="sturgian_guard_2" Type="Guard" scale_factor="100" />
<Piece id="sturgian_grip_7" Type="Handle" scale_factor="100" />
<Piece id="sturgian_pommel_8" Type="Pommel" scale_factor="100" />
</Pieces>
</CraftedItem>

That's basically it

Back
Top Bottom