Editing Traits

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way to edit traits? maybe using the save game editor?

First I got an event three times in a row, the first two times I got the good one (the same, so nothing changed), the third one I could not afford and gave me a bad one.
Now I got a Good Trait notification but instead I got a bad one and it's killing me. It's already bad to have to carry bad traits from day one when you have no money and you have no other option, but this last one is definitely a bugged one.

Proud Hearted +2 prestige

-2 in weekly overview screen.

Ah I see the problem.

("trait_49_title", "Uncivilized"),
  ("trait_50_title", "Rude"),
  ("trait_51_title", "Honourable"),
  ("trait_52_title", "Proud-Hearted")

There's only 1 good trait for this. If you become too 'civilized' then you become proud-hearted and
nobody likes that. I see it's a bit odd so I'll change that. The health-type traits have this too:

("trait_13_title", "Unbelievable Fat"),
  ("trait_14_title", "Fat"),
  ("trait_15_title", "Healthy"),
  ("trait_16_title", "Slim"),

Only healthy gives a positive morale boost. I won't change this.
The idea of traits ingame is to keep a balance between good and bad traits for gameplay fun.

I don't see how constants can be edited in the savegame editor so I'm afraid you cannot do that yourself.

If that's how it's supposed to work, it's not only wrong on the pop-up screen, it's also wrong when hovering the mouse over

-removethispartoftheURL-snag.gy/YeD8mV.jpg

vs the weekly report screen where it show's -2.

Sir, there will be more traits, like ahem, "Hardass"?
  Would be interesting to make a character like Dirty Harry or Sam Vimes.

I think, plus to hitpoints and extra free Ironflesh and firearms/crossbows and penalty for weekly prestige.  Get when you'll take down many bandit gangs (or execute many war prisoners?)
    Some things are gonna get ugly.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?"  - Harry Callahan.

Sorry sir, I should put the question the other way...
Maybe some new perks like this?...

1. "Hardass": Plus to hitpoints and extra free Ironflesh and firearms/crossbows and penalty for weekly prestige.  Get when you'll take down many bandit gangs (or execute many war prisoners?)
2.  "Pompous": +weekly Prestige, penalty to income, (gaining by getting too much fancy clothes)
3.  "Tyrant": + Looting, penalty for prestige; (gaining by looting the number of villages)

The trait system along with the piety points feature are subject to change. I think about spending piety points
to gain better traits. Furthermore gaining traits should be gained on what they depend on. For example religious traits
should be gained through religious actions or so.

I think this is stuff for v4.1.

id love for there to be a way to 'lock' traits or modify traits via camp cheat menu

also, last time i played there was the issue of all npcs ending up with horrible horrible traits because none of them ever had money on hand to pay for the chance to get good ones or something

So, is there a way to turn traits off?  I admit, this feature is sorta holding me back from enjoying playing.  I started a game and the options came too frequently, like 4 or 5 after less than 2 months game time.  Since I lacked prestige, piety or gold I had to risk the bad choices on many of them and ended up with 3 bad traits to 1 good one.  Plus they seemed out of context, one incident would determined my personality trait?  That would be something that happens over many incidents, so...

Perhaps if they were more situational than random.  Like if you attend x number of feasts the options for health comes up, or if you retreat from combat x number of times the options for bravery pop up.  A certain number of times you get knocked unconscious the option for mental health or physical health appears.  If a x number of times you have less than a certain amount of food for feeding troops or coin for paying them other options pertaining to those traits comes up.  There seems to be plenty of situations that could be applied for many of the good/bad traits.

As someone posted on another thread some of them seem to be a bit contradictory, like you can have both the beautiful and fat traits or good administrator and bad at logistics traits (can't remember what that one was called, but it made troop upkeep costs more) and there are probably others that fall into this category.

Anyway, the mod does seem pretty awesome with what you've done and its entire scope.

Enlisting in armies will disable the random menu for traits for you.
I will need to rebalance the trait system sometime to make the traits more situational and realistic.

Quintillius said:
I will need to rebalance the trait system sometime to make the traits more situational and realistic.

there is that trait (sorry I forgot the name)  about getting different number of sausages :  The 4th answer/option is something like " Food ? nope , etc " .  and gives  80% chance to gain a positive trait.  + 1  morale , iirc

Now...  the second time I get this quest , and choosing the 4th option again , with only the positive outcome listed , I always get a negative 
"- 2 morale "  ...

Is this normal ?  Since the percentage of the negative possibility is not listed... 

Also after the first of this specific  " guest", all the same that came after , have ONLY negative results , disregarding the answer, and the listed percentage of getting / not getting a negative trait ...

I did save after "pay-day" , and reloaded indefinitely to test and when I got this particular trait guest the second (third , forth, etc)  time , all choices I make give only negatives... :facepalm:

Love Your Work  Quintilius

Aegiss said:
Quintillius said:

there is that trait (sorry I forgot the name)  about getting different number of sausages :  The 4th answer/option is something like " Food ? nope , etc " .  and gives  80% chance to gain a positive trait.  + 1  morale , iirc

Now...  the second time I get this quest , and choosing the 4th option again , with only the positive outcome listed , I always get a negative 
"- 2 morale "  ...

Is this normal ?  Since the percentage of the negative possibility is not listed... 

Also after the first of this specific  " guest", all the same that came after , have ONLY negative results , disregarding the answer, and the listed percentage of getting / not getting a negative trait ...

I did save after "pay-day" , and reloaded indefinitely to test and when I got this particular trait guest the second (third , forth, etc)  time , all choices I make give only negatives... :facepalm:

Previous posts in this thread state this is intended for now, but is subject to change in the future.

Sergio_Morozov said:
Aegiss said:
Quintillius said:

"- 2 morale "  ...

Previous posts in this thread state this is intended for now, but is subject to change in the future.

Thanks m8 !  :grin:  , looking forward for the new patch / changes 

Back
Top Bottom