Edited - can we have a Captain Mode sub forum (and a Skirmish one if Skirmish players want one)

Users who are viewing this thread

So long as the character/class/gear selection systems remain global across all game modes, it doesn't make sense to split the discussion. Considerations for one game mode will affect the other, so people can't shy away from it, no matter how much they don't like to hear opinions from others who favour a different mode, or no matter how much they're not interested in playing the other modes. If anything, people should get into the habit of realising the systems are global, and speak specifically about what mode they're talking about.

I watched the Grand Final of the Captains tournament on Twitch, and it seemed like the commentators were clueless as to what Skirmish players actually want (generally). I'm pretty sure they blamed Skirmish for crushthrough for whatever reason (despite that everyone in MP said they hated the idea of it), and one of the developers has now flat-out said it was mostly meant for SP and Captains (ironically): "It was not intendend to be a gamechanger, but rather make shock troops better in sp and captain, while also giving them some tech use in skirmish and tdm."

Any troll comments should be reported and deleted, but don't treat valid feedback as troll behaviour. Just speak honestly about how you feel towards the game and try to be informed.
I honestly have to agree with a lot of what you are saying. I have no idea though why the devs think that shock ever was bad in captain. It has been the most OP class for the longest time, absolutely crushing any shield units. Now they are faster, bulkier (in some cases), and archers are nerfed. I understand why people would've though it was meant to make them more useful in skirmish, since making them more powerful in captain made no sense.

That being said, a lot of captain players stray away from the forums, since they don't feel welcome here because of many of the skirm players deliberately, at least seemingly, trying to put their voices down. I feel like there is a lot of enmity between fans of the two main modes, and honestly that is pretty sad.

So long as the character/class/gear selection systems remain global across all game modes, it doesn't make sense to split the discussion.

Then they should split both as the WHOLE COMMUNITY has been asking for months now...

As you said and has been noted for a long time, what one patch does to one group, it ****s up the other...

I honestly have to agree with a lot of what you are saying. I have no idea though why the devs think that shock ever was bad in captain. It has been the most OP class for the longest time, absolutely crushing any shield units. Now they are faster, bulkier (in some cases), and archers are nerfed. I understand why people would've though it was meant to make them more useful in skirmish, since making them more powerful in captain made no sense.

That being said, a lot of captain players stray away from the forums, since they don't feel welcome here because of many of the skirm players deliberately, at least seemingly, trying to put their voices down. I feel like there is a lot of enmity between fans of the two main modes, and honestly that is pretty sad.
To be fair, it was probably mostly for SP, since some roleplaying-type players complained it wasn't realistic for heavy weapons not to crushthrough the lighter weapons.

Then they should split both as the WHOLE COMMUNITY has been asking for months now...

As you said and has been noted for a long time, what one patch does to one group, it ****s up the other...
I'm pretty sure people have been requesting it since beta over a year ago.

I'm pretty sure people have been requesting it since beta over a year ago.

Then that makes this even more infuriating...

Guess what the community has been saying is true, TW doesnt listen to the people who play their games

Back
Top Bottom