Edit: Way to prevent spam messages

Users who are viewing this thread

Just now in East Asia death match server(Khuzait vs Sturgia), this guy keeps repeating : "China #1" as in the screenshot: https://imgchr.com/i/tqAiq0
As I'm a Chinese, I'm sure he is not a Chinese because in my computer his nickname cannot be correctly displayed. I don't know what his nickname is so I cannot simply report him by sending his name to Callum.
Please ban him.

Edit:
Do you agree that when someone does harm to others (a chatbox full of spam messages makes people's mood worse and prevents them from comunicating with each other), he should not be punished or forbidden to do that to more people, but all the others (dozens or hundreds of players) should be harmed, then take away from him (for example everyone should find his name in dozens of players and mute him, when many players' name are shown as a sequence of squares), and allow him to continue?
What if there are a dozen of players sending spam message? What if all of them are bots active every hour and bothering thousands of players? Though it's not the case here, the same rule should be applied.
Or, it's a good idea to make a blacklist that everyone can share and automatically mute players in the list: only prevent him from sending spam messages rather than playing the game. Everyone in the list will be removed from it after a period of time.
Or, add an option to disable one's chatbox completely because one may not want to waste his time looking for a sequence of squares from a list of sequences of squares. We come here to play the game, not to count the number of squares.

Last edited:
There is no point in talking about politics in a game. Also things like "xx no.1" is meaningless and illogical.
The reason that he should be banned is that he abused the chatbox, no matter what he said.

I mean I agree but you can just mute him. We’ve already seen people apparently banned for “political reasons” and there was an uproar because of it. It’s my understanding that it’s not disallowed.

I mean I agree but you can just mute him. We’ve already seen people apparently banned for “political reasons” and there was an uproar because of it. It’s my understanding that it’s not disallowed.
Yes I can mute him. But there's another reason for me: some other guys may think that "Wow, there's an annoying chinese keeping shouting China no.1", even though he is not a chinese. If I were one of the others, I wouldn’t think so, but I’m not sure if other people would do the same. This behavior may make chinese infamous in this game. I can't prevent it by simply muting him. Anyway, since the ban mechanism should not be used for political reasons, It seems I can do nothing more.

Last edited:
There is no point in talking about politics in a game. Also things like "xx no.1" is meaningless and illogical.
The reason that he should be banned is that he abused the chatbox, no matter what he said.

Why do you care? Mute him and move on. Even if the guy is an idiot, taleworlds should not be banning people for saying something harmless in chat. Grow up.

Why do you care? Mute him and move on. Even if the guy is an idiot, taleworlds should not be banning people for saying something harmless in chat. Grow up.

I hope thats a joke. Grow up yourself, mature people treat each other with respect and do not look away, letting toxic behavior breed in their community. I don't want to need to mute every second player because they spam the chat and insult everyone. Spamming the chat with political propaganda is a very good reason to report someone!

I hope thats a joke. Grow up yourself, mature people treat each other with respect and do not look away, letting toxic behavior breed in their community. I don't want to need to mute every second player because they spam the chat and insult everyone. Spamming the chat with political propaganda is a very good reason to report someone!

Act against toxicity, but authoratative structure shouldn't enforce it. Freedom of speech stops oppression and helps alleviate ignorance, if the ignorant remain silent they'll never learn better.

If the troll doesn't conform to mass social pressure, then they're dedicated enough to use a VPN or new key to do it again averting the ban completely.

If they threaten someone's life with capacity to enact, incite terrorism, genocide or physical harm to another, they should be banned. Otherwise the system will be prone to bias and abuse, irrelevant of how many safeties and securities you place before it.

Doesn't mean you can't think he's a **** though.

Literally just a dude saying china number 1... I do not see how this is toxic at all, if someone were to say USA #1 it would be more accurate than China #1 but the issue is that neither statement is toxic in any manner and its a non-issue.

Act against toxicity, but authoratative structure shouldn't enforce it. Freedom of speech stops oppression and helps alleviate ignorance, if the ignorant remain silent they'll never learn better.

If the troll doesn't conform to mass social pressure, then they're dedicated enough to use a VPN or new key to do it again averting the ban completely.

If they threaten someone's life with capacity to enact, incite terrorism, genocide or physical harm to another, they should be banned. Otherwise the system will be prone to bias and abuse, irrelevant of how many safeties and securities you place before it.

Doesn't mean you can't think he's a **** though.
Literally just a dude saying china number 1... I do not see how this is toxic at all, if someone were to say USA #1 it would be more accurate than China #1 but the issue is that neither statement is toxic in any manner and its a non-issue.

To write "#1CHINA" is not the problem and should not be prohibited, but spamming this is something different.

Just now in East Asia death match server(Khuzait vs Sturgia), this guy keeps repeating : "China #1" as in the screenshot: https://imgchr.com/i/tqAiq0
As I'm a Chinese, I'm sure he is not a Chinese because in my computer his nickname cannot be correctly displayed. I don't know what his nickname is so I cannot simply report him by sending his name to Callum.
Please ban him.
Are you ****ing kidding me right now? You want someone banned for saying China #1? Get the **** outta here Jesus Christ. There is A ****ING MUTE BUTTON DAWG. The amount of people who seek punishment for people, not because they care about the spirit of the game but because that person did something to specifically annoy them, shows how ****ed report systems are in video games.

It's like they give children report systems and expect them to report responsibly instead of just reporting anyone they don't like.

You cannot punish players for just doing what the system allows. It's up to the developers to find counter-measures such as a chat filter or limit the frequency you're allowed to send messages. As for the content, it's not political nor harmful. It's a meme. Just like you say kurwa whenever a polish guy joins your team, or cyka blyat when stuff goes down. It's not like Russians will preach bans on everyone using their country or language for a meme.

You cannot punish players for just doing what the system allows. It's up to the developers to find counter-measures such as a chat filter or limit the frequency you're allowed to send messages. As for the content, it's not political nor harmful. It's a meme. Just like you say kurwa whenever a polish guy joins your team, or cyka blyat when stuff goes down. It's not like Russians will preach bans on everyone using their country or language for a meme.

You can indeed, but it would be more effective to take counter measures. To limit the frequency of sendable messanges would be a bad idea though, because you sometimes need to quickly say a lot or correct yourself. We don't know the motive behind the content, but it definitely doesen't have to be meant as a meme, since there really is a group of people, trying to "promote" China by saying (or spamming) things like that everywhere. This I think, is where the meme originated from.

I think we can all consent, that we don't like people spamming the chat and doing something to prevent people from it, wouldn't effect the game negatively in any way.

Honestly all of this could be resolved if custom servers were out. There would be admins on most custom servers curating the chat.

For official servers, you have the report function

Also it would help if taleworlds PUT A ****ING RULSET out

Honestly all of this could be resolved if custom servers were out. There would be admins on most custom servers curating the chat.

That's the truth of it really, if a server decides something's a rule that's fine. Private servers aren't mandatory to join and the rules are accepted upon joining by clicking past them.

You can indeed, but it would be more effective to take counter measures. To limit the frequency of sendable messanges would be a bad idea though, because you sometimes need to quickly say a lot or correct yourself. We don't know the motive behind the content, but it definitely doesen't have to be meant as a meme, since there really is a group of people, trying to "promote" China by saying (or spamming) things like that everywhere. This I think, is where the meme originated from.

I think we can all consent, that we don't like people spamming the chat and doing something to prevent people from it, wouldn't effect the game negatively in any way.

Perhaps a limiter of messages to 4 per 6 seconds and a 120 character limit, with a timeout of 10 seconds for spamming could do something.

But in the end, you shouldn't be banned or semi/permanently publically muted for something that is not made explicity clear is an illegal act. They paid money for the full services of this game and I don't see spamming as qualified grounds to deny them any aspect of that, for any period of time greater than seconds, on public servers.

hahahahah what a series of bad arguments

1) this is an outlier. you said "I don't want to need to mute every second player because they spam the chat and insult everyone" this clearly isn't common enough where muting everyone is so inconvenient
2) saying a country is #1 is not political propaganda, it's an opinion

the annoyance of taleworlds being able to police chat at their digression heavily outweighs the potential benefit of getting a few idiots banned.

Are you ****ing kidding me right now? You want someone banned for saying China #1? Get the **** outta here Jesus Christ. There is A ****ING MUTE BUTTON DAWG. The amount of people who seek punishment for people, not because they care about the spirit of the game but because that person did something to specifically annoy them, shows how ****ed report systems are in video games.

It's like they give children report systems and expect them to report responsibly instead of just reporting anyone they don't like.
The point is not what he said, but that he spammed the chat.

I doubt pressing the mute button was more of an effort than creating this thread and discussing the effort it takes to press the mute button. I don't think spamming in-game chat is a common enough issue for it to merit discussion. A ban for it is just ludicrous overkill.

I doubt pressing the mute button was more of an effort than creating this thread and discussing the effort it takes to press the mute button. I don't think spamming in-game chat is a common enough issue for it to merit discussion. A ban for it is just ludicrous overkill.
Do you agree that when someone does harm to others (a chatbox full of spam messages makes people's mood worse and prevents them from comunicating with each other), he should not be punished or forbidden to do that to more people, but all the others (dozens or hundreds of players) should take away from him (for example everyone should find his name in dozens of players and mute him, when many players' name are shown as a sequence of squares), and allow him to continue?
What if there are a dozen of players sending spam message? What if all of them are bots active every hour and bothering thousands of players? Though it's not the case here, the same rule should be applied.
Or, another solution is a blacklist that everyone can share and automatically mute players in the list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom