Edit Wanderers

Users who are viewing this thread

Editing companions has always been an easy task in Warband, but we seem to face a few problems editing wanderers in Bannerlord from what I've seen so far.
Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\spspecialcharacters.xml (wanderers)
Code:
</NPCCharacter>
  <!--female, the wanderer. killed a chief's son who pestered her -->
  <NPCCharacter id="spc_wanderer_battania_7" name="{=c5Kjcxsa}the Wanderer" voice="ironic" age="21" is_female="true" default_group="Infantry" is_template="true" is_hero="false" culture="Culture.battania" battleTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_battania" civilianTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_battania" occupation="Wanderer">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="NPCCharacter.townswoman_battania" />
    </face>
    <!--<Hero id="spc_wanderer_battania_7" faction="Kingdom.battania" />-->
    <Traits>
      <!--<Trait id="IsTemplate" value="1" />-->
      <Trait id="WandererEquipment" value="1" />
      <Trait id="HopliteFightingSkills" value="3" />
      <Trait id="HillScoutSkills" value="3" />
      <Trait id="Valor" value="1" />
      <Trait id="Calculating" value="1" />
      <!--<Trait id="RuralClanIsNemesis" value="1" />-->
    </Traits>
Code:
<NPCCharacter id="spc_wanderer_aserai_6" name="{=muC2SGlM}of the Wastes" voice="curt" age="31" default_group="Infantry" is_template="true" is_hero="false" culture="Culture.aserai" battleTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_aserai" civilianTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_aserai" occupation="Wanderer">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="NPCCharacter.villager_aserai" />
    </face>
    <!--<Hero id="spc_wanderer_aserai_6" faction="Kingdom.aserai" />-->
    <Traits>
      <!--<Trait id="IsTemplate" value="1" />-->
      <Trait id="WandererEquipment" value="1" />
      <Trait id="ArcherFIghtingSkills" value="5" />
      <Trait id="DesertScoutSkills" value="7" />
      <Trait id="Honor" value="-1" />
      <Trait id="Generosity" value="-1" />
    </Traits>
  </NPCCharacter>
You have probably noticed by now, but every single Aserai wanderer is unquestioningly OP compared to the rest.
In my runs I always start by clicking N>Wanderer>Aserai to see what I'm working with.
My goal in this first test is to buff the Battanian Wanderer and bring her up to speed with the "Aserai of the Wastes" guy, as he's usually my go-to scout.

The skills are distributed by a Trait id like "ArcherFIghtingSkills" and "HopliteFightingSkills". By changing these around we get some results, but you might notice their 1H and 2H skills are untouched, and they're nowhere to be seen in the previous code. Also she's missing 20 in bow and 10 in athletics.
y0oI72s.png
lo7ojnR.png
From further investigation the "DesertScoutSkills", "HillScoutSkills" and "WoodsScoutSkills" doesn't seem to make a difference on the skills, same with the Personality traits.

Removing "HopliteFightingSkills" from the Wanderer did in fact remove her polearm skill.
I'm guessing the 1H/2H skill is predetermined for the id's such as spc_wanderer_battania_7 ("the Wanderer")
So what if I try to change spc_wanderer_battania_5 ("the Ragged") instead?
  • The Ragged 60 scouting, 90 two handed, 135 bow, 70 athletics.
  • The Wanderer 60 scouting, 110 polearm, 100 one handed.
He has the skills we want, what can possibly go wrong?
KVl2e0w.png
So I guess that's close enough until I figure out what's causing the 1H/2H skills to be applied to these guys.
Important to note: she now bears different equipment even though the battleTemplate is the same. Probably the same thing causing it.

Also because I can't be bothered editing the strings, her new backstory is about how she used to be a part of the Wolfskins and only ate raw meat.
But if that's your kink I'm not gonna shame.

Back
Top Bottom